shortangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

i wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on this,  because the church can't meet inside their buildings for worship & they can't sing or chant there in C.A. there has been some sort of a revivial happening on a Southern C.A. beach.  there are many people who have given their  lives to Jesus & have been baptized from some pastors who have been on the beach evangelizeing the lost,  some say this could be the start of another Jesus People movement,  what does everyone think?  is God moveing in C.A.?  could another movemtnt of the Jesus People happen?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

I Love, Love, Love It~!
And Give God The Glory, Glory Glory~!

~

Love, Joe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, shortangel said:

i wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on this,  because the church can't meet inside their buildings for worship & they can't sing or chant there in C.A. there has been some sort of a revivial happening on a Southern C.A. beach.  there are many people who have given their  lives to Jesus & have been baptized from some pastors who have been on the beach evangelizeing the lost,  some say this could be the start of another Jesus People movement,  what does everyone think?  is God moveing in C.A.?  could another movemtnt of the Jesus People happen?

As long as the true Word of God is being preached I think it is a good idea. God can not be confined to 4 walls of a Church. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

3 hours ago, shortangel said:

I am cynical at best.

However, I like it.  They won't close the beaches, but they'll close a church.  So have church on the beaches.   That is absolutely brilliant.

Perhaps this entire thing, is exactly what G-d can use to shake up the church.   Shake out the people who worship government, and replace them with people who worship G-d.

I like it.  Let's pray this is G-d moving in So-Cal.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

7 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

I am cynical at best.

However, I like it.  They won't close the beaches, but they'll close a church.  So have church on the beaches.   That is absolutely brilliant.

Perhaps this entire thing, is exactly what G-d can use to shake up the church.   Shake out the people who worship government, and replace them with people who worship G-d.

I like it.  Let's pray this is G-d moving in So-Cal.

Well said. We do not need houses of cedar to worship the Lord. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

great perspectives so far

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

11 hours ago, shortangel said:

Perhaps this is Just what the great Physician ordered, for the church to get out of the box that is the building and show the world the true assembly of the Saints.... the box confines the light, we need to let that light shine, the World needs to see that light, not hide it in a building. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 5:15-16)

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

Guest theElect777
12 hours ago, shortangel said:

Maybe this is a modern day Azusa Street Revival!  It began in California around 1906 and created a movement that is still going strong today.   This could be the Last Days Revival beginning.   I do pray it is.

23 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Perhaps this is Just what the great Physician ordered, for the church to get out of the box that is the building and show the world the true assembly of the Saints.... the box confines the light, we need to let that light shine, the World needs to see that light, not hide it in a building. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 5:15-16)

That is well said. 

Afterall the Lord does not dwell in halls made by human hands: 

However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says, ‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that?’ asks the LORD. ‘Could you build me such a resting place? Didn’t my hands make both heaven and earth?” (Acts 7:48-50) 

Rather He dwells in us: 

“so that, if I am delayed, you will know how each one must conduct himself in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” (1 Timothy 3:15-16)

• Thumbs Up 4