• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I just read this: 

We tend culpably to evade our responsibility when we ought to instruct and admonish them, sometimes even with sharp reproof and censure, either because the task is irksome, or because we are afraid of giving offence; or it may be that we shrink from incurring their enmity, for fear that they may hinder and harm us in worldly matters, in respect either of what we eagerly seek to attain, or of what we weakly dread to lose.

In this matter a uniquely heavy responsibility rests on those to whom this message is given by the prophet: ‘He indeed will die in his sin, but I will require his blood at the hand of the watchman.’  For ‘watchmen’, that is, leaders of the people, have been appointed in the churches for this purpose, that they should be unsparing in their condemnation of sin. This does not mean that a man is entirely free from blame in this regard if, without being a ‘watchman’, he recognizes, but ignores, opportunities of warning and admonishing those with whom the exigencies of this life force him to associate–if he evades this duty for fear of offending them, because he is concerned for those worldly advantages, which are not in themselves discreditable, but to which he is unduly attached. There is a further reason for the infliction of temporal suffering on the good, as is seen in the case of Job–that the spirit of man may be tested, that he may learn for himself what is the degree of disinterested devotion that he offers to God.”

-City of God, Book I, Chapter 9. The reasons why the good and the wicked are equally afflicted, Augustine of Hippo, Penguin Publishers 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

You know.. I look at the great men women of God in the world right now and then in the past. I don't look to those I only agree with. There are hmm :) places they never go. Some places they never hang out. Truth is.. God is never in a place where confusion is nor where there is division. :) And for some.. this will blow past.. for they know better praise God. God does not have a police force. Next time we see believers don't judge them nor condemn them. Know we were not called for that nor are we their God. Know for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart 1st Sam 16:7

Rom 12:3 kept coming to me today. I first take it for my self. "grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith."

Watchmen.."unless Adonai builds the house, its builders work in vain. Unless Adonai guards the city, the guards/watchmen watch in vain." This for me speaks volumes.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5,  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. 1st Cor 13.

This is what I believe one should be walking first. And In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. God will always confirm His word.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/18/2016

11 hours ago, Gideon said:

the very ones the watchman is trying to help, instead of listening to the approaching threat, decide instead  to tell the watchman he is off base

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/category/billy-graham/?fbclid=IwAR3FNGdOjCPKowCc52ojQmQ7clP1qYEqviYKD5ZGOtdP0zz_58G8oBhvEZ8

10 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

if, without being a ‘watchman’, he recognizes, but ignores, opportunities of warning and admonishing those with whom the exigencies of this life force him to associate–if he evades this duty for fear of offending them

3 hours ago, TheBlade said:

thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth

Matthew 10:33-40

Authorized (King James) Version

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Luke 12:49-56

49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! 51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: 52 for from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

54 And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is. 55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass. 56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/category/billy-graham/?fbclid=IwAR3FNGdOjCPKowCc52ojQmQ7clP1qYEqviYKD5ZGOtdP0zz_58G8oBhvEZ8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

14 hours ago, Gideon said:

It occurs to me that it is because we have become used to having nothing but good-news Christianity that it is natural to assume that anyone bringing a word that  is not an 'ear tickler' is viewed as criticism and seen as being negative and accusatory. 

But think for a minute. A watchman has a difficult job, While everyone else goes about living their lives, with little to concern themselves with, the job of the watchman is to watch to see if danger approaches. Is he any better? Hardly. He simply sees sooner than others.  And if danger is observed, his task is to warn those who do not yet see it so that they may take precautions, and to be prepared for what is coming

Would it not be strange that the very ones the watchman is trying to help, instead of listening to the approaching threat, decide instead  to tell the watchman he is off base because he always is bringing back bad tidings and he needs to start to lighten up? 

A man is out for a before dawn jog through the neighborhood when he sees smoke bellowing out of an upstairs window, He has no phone and is a good fifteen minutes from home. What should he do? Of course he goes and bangs  on the door. No response. He bangs harder. Still no response. He now sees open flame in the upstairs bedroom window. What should he do?  What would you do? 

Do you just assume it is none of your business and that surely, they will awaken? Do you walk away, trusting that God has it all under control, because  nothing happens outside of His will? Or do you do whatever is necessary to try to see your neighbors saved from the growing flames? What would love do?  Whatever it takes. That is what you do. 

And when you break down the door, run upstairs through the smoke and find them sound asleep, oblivious to the danger around them, and begin to shake them awake, and they respond in anger, asking you who do you think you are disturbing their rest, do you stop and leave them in danger, or persist all the more? The answer is obvious, no matter how any reasons otherwise. 

Amen!

Ezekiel was a good example of a watchman.

Ez. 2:1-8 (VW)

1 And He said to me, Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you.
2 Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speak to me.
3 And He said to me: Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day.
4 For they are impudent and hardhearted children. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, Thus says the Lord Jehovah.
5 As for them, whether they hear or whether they forbear; for they are a rebellious house; yet they will know that a prophet has been among them.
6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you and you dwell among scorpions; do not be afraid of their words or dismayed by their looks, though they are a rebellious house.
7 You shall speak My Words to them, whether they will hear or whether they will forbear, for they are most rebellious.
8 But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I am giving you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Being a christian sharing the gospel, being mocked or rejected is not fun.
Following christ, being hated, is not fun.
But oh the joy, the comfort the peace that He brings, will nullify any discomfort or dissapointment.
If even brothers and sisters don't understand your heart, always know that Jesus Christ knows. Just make sure that you are serving Him alone.

James 1:2-4
2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Edited by Wesley L

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 7/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, David1701 said:

Amen!

Ezekiel was a good example of a watchman.

Ez. 2:1-8 (VW)

1 And He said to me, Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you.
2 Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard Him speak to me.
3 And He said to me: Son of man, I am sending you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that has rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day.
4 For they are impudent and hardhearted children. I am sending you to them, and you shall say to them, Thus says the Lord Jehovah.
5 As for them, whether they hear or whether they forbear; for they are a rebellious house; yet they will know that a prophet has been among them.
6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you and you dwell among scorpions; do not be afraid of their words or dismayed by their looks, though they are a rebellious house.
7 You shall speak My Words to them, whether they will hear or whether they will forbear, for they are most rebellious.
8 But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I am giving you.

Truer words have never been written, though many have come close to the bone.

verse 4 from the quote above is most apropos to the discussion - "They are impudent and hardhearted children"

The time has come when they will not endure sound doctrine. - 1 Timothy 4:3a 

Reasons for this state of affairs are legion, though I've tried to list a few from time to time.   Paradigm shifts in the progress of history have occurred several times in recent decades.  In centuries past only one such shift in a lifetime was sufficient to alter the course of history, but in the past seventy years there have been many.  All of them have led to an irrevocable alteration in the direction and destiny of the American nation as well as all mankind.  The world as a whole is on a collision course with something none of us would want to arrive.   The Bible refers to it as THE DAY OF THE LORD and warns that it will be a terrible time.  Modern false prophets have assembled a patch work interpretation so as to lull God's people into a false stupor and sense of contentment.  To paraphrase Ray Bradbury, an author of note, something wicked is coming our way.

There are those who stand upon the wall and call out danger to others.   

but the others don't want to hear the bad news ....

the others don't want to REPENT of their SINs and wickedness.

They expect God to answer their prayers even as they put their hands upon every filthy thing they desire.

He won't hear and He won't listen. (Ezekiel 8:18 - 1 Samuel 4:21)

Look..........the day has already arrived.

It is time to REPENT - to the bone if needs be - to REPENT

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, choir loft said:

Truer words have never been written, though many have come close to the bone.

verse 4 from the quote above is most apropos to the discussion - "They are impudent and hardhearted children"

The time has come when they will not endure sound doctrine. - 1 Timothy 4:3a 

Reasons for this state of affairs are legion, though I've tried to list a few from time to time.   Paradigm shifts in the progress of history have occurred several times in recent decades.  In centuries past only one such shift in a lifetime was sufficient to alter the course of history, but in the past seventy years there have been many.  All of them have led to an irrevocable alteration in the direction and destiny of the American nation as well as all mankind.  The world as a whole is on a collision course with something none of us would want to arrive.   The Bible refers to it as THE DAY OF THE LORD and warns that it will be a terrible time.  Modern false prophets have assembled a patch work interpretation so as to lull God's people into a false stupor and sense of contentment.  To paraphrase Ray Bradbury, an author of note, something wicked is coming our way.

There are those who stand upon the wall and call out danger to others.   

but the others don't want to hear the bad news ....

the others don't want to REPENT of their SINs and wickedness.

They expect God to answer their prayers even as they put their hands upon every filthy thing they desire.

He won't hear and He won't listen. (Ezekiel 8:18 - 1 Samuel 4:21)

Look..........the day has already arrived.

It is time to REPENT - to the bone if needs be - to REPENT

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

It has dawned upon me only recently that if one is content in their salvation yet possessing  no real hunger and thirst for righteousness, Laodecian lukewarmness is in full bloom. Is it not those who love the light who come to it?

Did we come to Jesus just to get out of having to pay the price for our sins or to be free from the power of it? Grace has been twisted in this late hour to promise life to men who have no desire to actually see self crucified. Do we love the light? Do we want Him to reign over us, transforming us into His image, as the master potter? Or, do we want to simply avoid paying the piper by claiming His righteousness as our possession without us being His possession?

We are all entering the final valley of decision. Here we all, every single one of us will have to finally choose.... do we want light or darkness, the god of this world or the God of the universe, self to rule or Him to rule in us, old natures or new natures. 

We have been taught we can have both, saved and yet still living with sin and self rule. But the word of God is clear. it is those who love the light who come to it.  Our calling is to make the tree good. This is not an attempt to tell people to earn their salvation by being good. We cannot. Without Him, we can do nothing. But.... we CAN choose. And soon, we MUST choose. 

Our choice to be good trees, fully light, initiates the process. His job then is to fill the good tree with good fruit. It is time we counted the cost of following Him. What is the cost? Giving up all rights to ur lives. We have forgotten.... or never truly been taught.... that He owns us. He has bought us with a price. 

A warning must go out. Our  choice must be made. Each one of us will be faced with choosing self and sin and darkness which go hand in hand with our old nature, or we will choose goodness, light and righteousness which comes from putting on our new nature. This has nothing to do with ability. God must do the changing. But He will change us only if we ask Him to.

Far too many have become content in their Romans 7 Christianity, using Paul's  words as their excuse for compromise. They do not understand. Romans 7 is Paul's declaration of hunger and intent. He refused to accept his captivity to darkness, to sin, to self ruling the roost. He cried out to the deliverer of hungry souls to deliver him.... and God did, just as He will for any determined to flee darkness, no matter how big, no matter how small 

A fork in the road is coming... and fast. Do we want light to reign in us, no matter the cost to us personally? If our free will is constantly refusing to take the way of escape hen we fall into temptation, are we willing to lay even our free will, our most prized possession, on the alter and ask God to give us brand new wills that WILL choose light? He has promised to do just that.... cause us to obey Him. How amazing is our God! He just asks one thing of us. 

Do we want it? The answer we give will determine EVERYTHING. Choose life. 

blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, Gideon said:

Would it not be strange that the very ones the watchman is trying to help, instead of listening to the approaching threat, decide instead  to tell the watchman he is off base because he always is bringing back bad tidings and he needs to start to lighten up? 

"We are in the end time and close to Jesus coming back, and the target date for a global government is 2030, but it could be sooner, but when the nations come together as one and work for peace on earth then the New Age Christ will establish peace in the Middle East and then the world only has 7 years and God will end sin on earth."
Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Thank you and God bless you, brother MattforJesus, praise the Lord.
Edited by Alive
link to another forum chat