IGNORED

Will the Elect reign "on the earth" or "over the earth" for 1,000 years?

BibleReader

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

DH—consider for a moment the notion of a continuity of ‘called out/seperated’ ones from the OT until now—as the Church—those looking to the cross and those looking back to the cross.

It is worth considering this—IMO.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:14 AM, BibleReader said:

Hi BibleReader,

Rev. 5: 10  OVER or ON the Earth?

Greek Word `Epi,` meaning over or on.

`And have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign EPI the earth.` (Rev. 5: 10   New King James)

Some Bible Translations have `OVER` and some have `ON.`  How do we know which is right? Need to look at the context and also other scriptures on the topic of our inheritance and where we shall rule.

THE BODY OF CHRIST`S INHERITANCE IS IN HEAVEN.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

(New King James)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi BibleReader,

Rev. 5: 10  OVER or ON the Earth?

Greek Word `Epi,` meaning over or on.

`And have made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign EPI the earth.` (Rev. 5: 10   New King James)

Some Bible Translations have `OVER` and some have `ON.`  How do we know which is right? Need to look at the context and also other scriptures on the topic of our inheritance and where we shall rule.

THE BODY OF CHRIST`S INHERITANCE IS IN HEAVEN.

Our inheritance, our hope, our place, our citizenship, all of which are IN HEAVEN.

`...to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you.` (1 Peter 1: 4 )

` ...because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of truth..`(Col. 1: 5)

` ...and raised us up together and made to sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.`(Eph. 2: 6)

` For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly await for the saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.` (Phil. 3: 20)

(New King James)

Excellent texts, thanks.

Notice the following at Daniel 8:9:  "Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down. 12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people[a] and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground."  

This king doesn't actually go to heaven does he?  Apparently not.  The point?  Are the "holy ones" working on earth during the 1,000 years but are actually belonging to heaven?  Or do they have freedom to be on earth or in heaven as they choose?    For example, how could Jesus tell his apostles that they would eat and drink at his table in his Kingdom?  (Luke 22:30)  Does eating and drinking actually take place in heaven?  

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, BibleReader said:

Excellent texts, thanks.

Notice the following at Daniel 8:9:  "Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down. 12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people[a] and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground."  

This king doesn't actually go to heaven does he?  Apparently not.  The point?  Are the "holy ones" working on earth during the 1,000 years but are actually belonging to heaven?  Or do they have freedom to be on earth or in heaven as they choose?    For example, how could Jesus tell his apostles that they would eat and drink at his table in his Kingdom?  (Luke 22:30)  Does eating and drinking actually take place in heaven?  

Yes some more details.

1. The 12 disciples will rule over the 12 tribes of Israel from the New Jerusalem. (Matt. 19: 28  &  Rev. 21: 14)

2. The Body of Christ will rule with the Lord, (Rev. 3: 21) from the highest realm, over all of God`s great kingdom, - the third heaven, the universe and the earth. It is a very high calling as the apostle Paul said. (Phil. 3: 14 upward call, on top calling, high calling).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

Nowhere does Revelation 3:20 explicitly mention "Church Age." And neither did I ignore the link. I spoke quite decisively to it: nowhere did it ever show a single verse explicitly mentioning the phrase "Church Age." It did, instead, assert an inferential argument.... which does not meet the specifications of the inquiry!  It was the stipulations of the inquiry that were ignored! The prior posts demonstrating I already possess a diverse knowledge of the term and how premils, amils, and postmils, RCs, Prots, Cals, and Arms arrive at and use the concept were ignored. Everyone's time was wasted with that post and the appeal to an extra-biblical source like gotquestions because it didn't remotely speak to the specifics of the original inquiry. 

So don't be accusing me of ignoring things I did not ignore especially when you're culpable of the same accusation. 

It is a very simple, specific and specified question: Where does scripture explicitly, not inferentially, speak of a "Church Age"? Where can I find explicit mention? The answer is, "I can't!" And I've had to ask this question repeatedly when the answer should have been obvious and immediate. No need whatsoever for gotquestions links. 

Anticipating an obvious, immediate and collaborative reply the next question was asked preemptively: Do you ever question the premise when you read other teach a "Church age," or is it accepted as a given without any question regarding where scripture explicitly speaks of such a thing? 

Still waiting for an answer to that question. 

And all of this is attendant to something specific another brother posted so if you don't want to be guilty of Proverbs 26:17 then don't be so quick to accuse others of ignoring things that were not ignored, especially when what's being discussed is about something someone else posted. Despite your best intentions, it is not helpful. 

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. (Mat. 11:25)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

10 hours ago, Josheb said:

Is this one of those situations where you get to ask all the questions and none of mine ever get specifically answered? 

I don't artificially label the time between Pentecost and the return of Christ. I'm not gonna fit neatly into the presets. We live in a covenant relationship with Christ. Others live outside of a covenant relationship with Christ. The same exact singular covenant measures all and it will do so until the last day. Within this covenant there is neither Jew nor Greek/Gentile. Outside of that covenant there is neither Jew nor Gentile because all will suffer the same measure and either one of only two outcomes measured by that single covenant. 

Can I get an answer to my question: 

Is there a single scripture anywhere to be found in the entire Bible that explicitly mentions a "Church Age"?  

No, but many define a period of time when the Church began, and as the gospel spread, it grew and is growing to a finite point in time when all who are written in the  Book of Life shall be accounted for. There are many references to ages, times ... the end times. 

It is a very simple concept that a child can get. Of course children are not stubborn ... until they become much older adults. On earth, every time period has an age. The earth revolves around the sun. If Pentecost occurred in 32 AD , we can say the Church( Body of Christ) was born then and is now 1988 years old. It has an age and will continue it's existence on earth until the the end of time, when the physical universe is burned in a fervent heat. There will be no more sun, and so time will not be measured as we do now. The end of the ages will come. But we will always have eternity, which has no age and Christ.

6 hours ago, Alive said:

DH—consider for a moment the notion of a continuity of ‘called out/seperated’ ones from the OT until now—as the Church—those looking to the cross and those looking back to the cross.

I Have no problem with this in concept whatsoever, there is continuity, but there is also separation. We no longer offer sacrifices in a temple as the temple no longer exists, correct? Yet Christ is our Passover lamb, so the Law of sin and death is replaced by the Law of the Spirit of Life, thus the church is distinct from the nation of Israel, and a simple reading of Romans 11 will tell you this, as well as being an extension of Israel, which was a "shadow" of things to come . Israel's future is in restoration, But in Christ Jesus now there is no Jew nor Greek, we are all members of one Body whether we are Jew or gentile, so long as we are in Christ Jesus, we are the church, not Israel.  

Israel as a nation, will however be restored once again, not only naturally but as the center piece of Godly governance in the world. The Church was never given this role, Our kingdom is not of this world, Israel's is, and will be. This being the distinction between the gospel of the Kingdom which was preached by Jesus and John the Baptist, which will once again be preached  (Matthew 24:14) shortly before the second coming Versus the gospel of grace unto salvation preached by Paul and the church. The Church as we know it will no longer exist, as Judgment  begins at the house of God, and we, the church are that house in this age. Judgment involves both sweet and bitter (Little scroll in Rev. 10) Sweetness in the form of a rapture for some, bitterness for others in the form of the wrath of the lamb as the tares are separated out for the fire. What is left of the church on earth at that point is the whore of Babylon, as the faithful and the saints are raptured and in glory, while those left behind will face the wrath of God, and that wrath is severe (read Rev. 17-18)

7 hours ago, dhchristian said:

What is left of the church on earth at that point is the whore of Babylon,

I leave off the general speculation of some of your post to focus on this statement as it can be confusing to some. You appear to be saying that part of the Church is the whore and left behind? If so, than I suspect you do not understand what the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is.

The Church is His Body--every member that was included in the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension--the born from above called out ones.

This can be very  confusing to folks--can you clear this up?

12 hours ago, Josheb said:

Do you ever think that one tree is the cross?

Genesis 2:8-9
"The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed.  Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

Deuteronomy 21:22-23
"If a man has committed a sin worthy of death and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree,  his corpse shall not hang all night on the tree, but you shall surely bury him on the same day (for he who is hanged is accursed of God), so that you do not defile your land which the LORD your God gives you as an inheritance."

Acts 5:29-30 ESV 
"But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.  The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree."

Galatians 3:7-14 ESV
"Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.  And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”  So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.  For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, 'Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.'  Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for 'The righteous shall live by faith.'  But the law is not of faith, rather 'The one who does them shall live by them.”  Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree' —  so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith."

1 Peter 2:20-25
"For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.  For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.  He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.  When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly.  He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.  For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

Revelation 2:7
"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God."

Revelation 22:1-19
"Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,  in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him;  they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.  And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.... Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city....  The Spirit and the bride say, 'Come.' And let the one who hears say, 'Come. And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.  I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;  and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book."

Into what other tree are both Jew and Gentile, male and female, slave and free grafted? 

John 14:6
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me."

John 15:1-5
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.  You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in me.  I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."

Maybe something there?

I think allegorically, perhaps--if I get your drift.

I do believe with certainty, that the totality of the written record and the creation itself speaks with a consistent and loud voice of Jesus Christ--The Word--the Redeemer and Almighty God as well as His "eternal purpose" and the Plan that arrives at that "Purpose".

Just now, Alive said:

I leave off the general speculation of some of your post to focus on this statement as it can be confusing to some. You appear to be saying that part of the Church is the whore and left behind? If so, than I suspect you do not understand what the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is.

The Church is His Body--every member that was included in the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension--the born from above called out ones.

This can be very  confusing to folks--can you clear this up?

The church as we know it today consists of the wheat and the tares living together, rather than uprooting the wheat by removing the tares they remain together until; the time of the harvest.