Keith

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Take my house, take my food, take my job... you can even take my life.  But lay ONE FINGER on my air conditioning and you'll draw back a stump!

I thank God daily for my air conditioning.  If my apartment were burning down, I'd plop my Bible down on top of the air conditioner and carry them both out of the fire! 

Nebula is the resident Mount St. Helens buff around here.  I have a keen interest in MSH's, too.  I remember when she blew in the 80's.  I was living in North Dakota at the time (a fact I rarely admit to) and I remember waking up to inches of ash outside.

Washington is still my dream state to live in though.  Somewhere in a small town north of Seattle, close to Vancouver, BC.  Give me a log cabin in the country (with air conditioning) and I'll watch ol' Helen lose her sainthood from my front porch!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, air conditioning and indoor toilets. Did without both when I was very young, don't want to do without again......

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Yeah,  air conditioning and indoor toilets.  Did without both when I was very young, don't want to do without again......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooh... indoor plumbing. There's another one of life's creature comforts. The day the corn cob was swapped for Ultra-Quilted Northern was a red letter day indeed! (Replacing the rather red-from-the-corn-cob bum!)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah,  air conditioning and indoor toilets.  Did without both when I was very young, don't want to do without again......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooh... indoor plumbing. There's another one of life's creature comforts. The day the corn cob was swapped for Ultra-Quilted Northern was a red letter day indeed! (Replacing the rather red-from-the-corn-cob bum!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I remember my dad having to carry the big bucket out to the back forty every couple of days. We got plumbing in 1968 :noidea:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I remember my dad having to carry the big bucket out to the back forty every couple of days. We got plumbing in 1968 :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you noticed that most of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the original topic? Keith, I think you started the AC thing and that's been going on and on and... well, I guess it's a "hot" topic now with the heat wave we've been having. :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Awwww :) Our Aussie summers get hot too. I've been pregnant two Aussie summers in a row and believe me, if you tell a pregnant woman you're hot...she'll about want to up and smack you! A pregnant woman has another body keeping her warm and in most often HOT :) NOT that I'm pregnant now, btw.

Faithie :noidea:

Ok then. From what I read and hear on "late night radio" she is still haveing a lava flow and is building from this flow. Even the people who are usually alarmist's are saying that these quakes are normal for the area considering that it is in a slow build mode.

So it might be safe for us to go back to air conditioning and indoor plumbing. Man I really hated those sears catalogue's..... :noidea:

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Have you noticed that most of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the original topic? Keith, I think you started the AC thing and that's been going on and on and... well, I guess it's a "hot" topic now with the heat wave we've been having.  :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will rarely find me fussy about "my" threads being hijacked and going awry. Especially in the News threads. If the original topic was discussed, I'm open to see where the conversations go. :emot-dance:

Can Do (Phil 4:13) Posted Today, 05:39 AM

Awwww  Our Aussie summers get hot too. I've been pregnant two Aussie summers in a row and believe me, if you tell a pregnant woman you're hot...she'll about want to up and smack you! A pregnant woman has another body keeping her warm and in most often HOT  NOT that I'm pregnant now, btw.

Faithie

I am of the opinion that pregnant women should have whatever they want beause they are going to get it one way or another anyway and you might as well be on their good side! :emot-dance:

other one Posted Today, 05:56 AM

Ok then. From what I read and hear on "late night radio" she is still haveing a lava flow and is building from this flow. Even the people who are usually alarmist's are saying that these quakes are normal for the area considering that it is in a slow build mode.

So it might be safe for us to go back to air conditioning and indoor plumbing. Man I really hated those sears catalogue's..... 

You had a Sear's Catalog? You must have been one of those rich hillbillies! :whistling:

Nope not that, just at my grandfathers flat land farm.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Have you noticed that most of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the original topic? Keith, I think you started the AC thing and that's been going on and on and... well, I guess it's a "hot" topic now with the heat wave we've been having.