So I need somewhere where I can vent

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know where this topic goes, so I am sticking it here.

I am angry and upset with my little sister because when she got married and she moved away she took ALL of the video games we had with her. You guys might accuse her of stealing, but she claims that she bought most of the games with her own money, so that makes them rightfully hers. I don't know if what she is saying is horsecrap or not, I don't ever remember her buying every single one of our games. She could be lying about the whole thing, which makes me even more upset. She could by lying and actually committed the crime of theft against us.

These games I grew up playing as kid and now I feel like I have lost a part of my own history. What bothers me even more is that if I want any video games now, I am going to have to buy them WITH MY OWN MONEY which makes me even more upset with her. I did buy two more video games the other day, but I spent some cash on them, and it makes me angry.

I talked to her about this, but she doesn't want to give us any of the games back. I think it's not fair and it makes me even more livid with her.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Having someone to be able to talk to about these things makes me feel better.

Any advice on how to deal with an uncooperative family member would be well appreciated. I'll take all the help I can get at this point.

Edited by JacquelineDeane55

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Jacqueline,

Sin is really giving us headaches in daily life. Especially sin from a family member.
How did Jesus deal with sinners? He died for us sinners. He taught us to forgive always, even though undeserved. To turn the other cheek, buy even more games for your sister.

Also look at this perspective. If you or your sister would die in a car accident today, what value does these video games have for you?
Don't collect treasures of the world, but collect treasures from heaven. Love covers all sins.

Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1 Peter 3:8-17
8 To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; 9 not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. 10 For,

“The one who desires life, to love and see good days,
Must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit.
11 “He must turn away from evil and do good;
He must seek peace and pursue it.
12 “For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous,
And His ears attend to their prayer,
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

13 Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. And do not fear their intimidation, and do not be troubled, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame. 17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.

When we keep walking in the light, the darkness will be revealed/exposed. When we walk in darkness ourselves, there will be only darkness.

Edited by Wesley L
added scripture
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Wesley L said:

If you or your sister would die in a car accident today, what value does these video games have for you?

Better hv useful hobbies for life such as tailoring, cooking, bread /cheese making, electronic course, computer repair, serving at church, bag/shoe/tyre repair or learn haircut course etc etc which can make money.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

@JacquelineDeane55

Maybe you can borrow some of the games sometimes.   But actually don't get so upset with your sister over such things.   You are blessed to have family.   Think on the good side of things.

Also, like @DDisconnect mentioned, there are thousands of free games on PC and Android.    I have an Android tablet so have Google PlayStore on it.   They have all types of games...just type in what you want.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I am angry and upset with my little sister because when she got married and she moved away she took ALL of the video games we had with her. You guys might accuse her of stealing, but she claims that she bought most of the games with her own money, so that makes them rightfully hers. I don't know if what she is saying is  or not, I don't ever remember her buying every single one of our games. She could be lying about the whole thing, which makes me even more upset. She could by lying and actually committed the crime of theft against us.

These games I grew up playing as kid and now I feel like I have lost a part of my own history. What bothers me even more is that if I want any video games now, I am going to have to buy them WITH MY OWN MONEY which makes me even more upset with her. I did buy two more video games the other day, but I spent some cash on them, and it makes me angry.

I talked to her about this, but she doesn't want to give us any of the games back. I think it's not fair and it makes me even more livid with her.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Having someone to be able to talk to about these things makes me feel better.

Any advice on how to deal with an uncooperative family member would be well appreciated. I'll take all the help I can get at this point.

Your post indicates to me, that there were games she did indeed purchase exclusively with her money, but you benefited from those purchases when you played with the games. As you go through life, you will find that you will be spending your own money on things you want for yourself, that is just life.

Love your sister, because she will always be your sister. Being angry, resentful and bitter about the situation will rob you of joy and peace.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/1/2020 at 12:23 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I am angry and upset with my little sister because when she got married and she moved away she took ALL of the video games we had with her. You guys might accuse her of stealing, but she claims that she bought most of the games with her own money, so that makes them rightfully hers. I don't know if what she is saying is horsecrap or not, I don't ever remember her buying every single one of our games. She could be lying about the whole thing, which makes me even more upset. She could by lying and actually committed the crime of theft against us.

Okay. I am not going to give you "sister advice" because I am not good with that sort of thing and it looks like others here have that covered.  But being a "gamer" I can give you "gaming" advice. Do you have a "Steam" account? https://store.steampowered.com/      You can buy and download games from Steam and they are stored on your  computer so no one can run off with them. They also have many many free to play games. And some very cheap games.  With that, I would say put this behind you and move on with life. Consider the games you use to have lost and just move on.