IGNORED

Am I the only one who thinks that shamans are quacks?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

What is Shamanism? Answer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism

I don't mean to be rude, but there is no logical, rational, factual, or any other evidence (whether archaeological or scientific) to prove that shamanism actually works.

These people trade logical and rational thinking for a superstitious practice that may not actually work, and in my opinion, that is mental insanity.

So why do I actually believe the Bible then? Because there is archaeological evidence to back up the Bible account. Therefore, I don't believe that believing the Bible means someone is insane.

But there is no evidence to support shamanism in any shape, manner, or form. I have actually mocked and made fun of these people for thinking they have the power to drive out evil spirits.

Let's think rationally here. There is only one guy I know who can actually do that. His name is Jesus Christ. No one else, dead or alive, has that kind of power without Jesus' aid to drive out evil spirits. These guys need to be careful. They could be demon possessed and not actually be able to do anything about it because they are not saved and they don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them. So sad. It's dangerous for an unsaved person to take on the Devil. Please don't do it if you are not a born-again child of GOD. You don't have Jesus's protection on you to keep you safe from that monster. Just some advice if you please.

Edited by JacquelineDeane55

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

Agreed. Anyone who believes in or deals in doctrines of devils is to be avoided, regardless of whatever "religion" they are part of.

(1Ti 4:1)  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

What is Shamanism? Answer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism

I don't mean to be rude, but there is no logical, rational, factual, or any other evidence (whether archaeological or scientific) to prove that shamanism actually works.

These people trade logical and rational thinking for a superstitious practice that may not actually work, and in my opinion, that is mental insanity.

So why do I actually believe the Bible then? Because there is archaeological evidence to back up the Bible account. Therefore, I don't believe that believing the Bible means someone is insane.

But there is no evidence to support shamanism in any shape, manner, or form. I have actually mocked and made fun of these people for thinking they have the power to drive out evil spirits.

Let's think rationally here. There is only one guy I know who can actually do that. His name is Jesus Christ. No one else, dead or alive, has that kind of power without Jesus' aid to drive out evil spirits. These guys need to be careful. They could be demon possessed and not actually be able to do anything about it because they are not saved and they don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of them. So sad. It's dangerous for an unsaved person to take on the Devil. Please don't do it if you are not a born-again child of GOD. You don't have Jesus's protection on you to keep you safe from that monster. Just some advice if you please.

there is personal experience that shows there are some things they know about nature and how things work.    i can also tell you that there are non natural things that the dark side can cause to happen.   there are reasons that God refuses to have us take part in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

there is personal experience that shows there are some things they know about nature and how things work.    i can also tell you that there are non natural things that the dark side can cause to happen.   there are reasons that God refuses to have us take part in.

I knew of a deceased shaman who cud emit thunder storm from his palm that strike my head repeteadly between the eye brow n electricity came into me but that was when i was living in the darkness learning spirituality n fed many spirits until God gave a vision n i repented in Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

A lot of shamans use powerful hallucinogens to access the spirit world. Like peyote, Mushrooms,  DMT etc.

I do think they access the spirit world with those kinds of drugs which is probably considered sorcery.