IGNORED

Why can't we blame God for things that happen?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

I thought you said in your last post that I was supposed to assume responsiblity for my own sin.

You are.  But God is the cause of our sinning.  Re-read my last post.  Can't you see the difference?  We willingly sin but God causes it to happen.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

You are.  But God is the cause of our sinning.  Re-read my last post.  Can't you see the difference?  We willingly sin but God causes it to happen.

No, God isn't the cause of my sinning. Each time I am tempted to sin, I have the choice of sinning or resisting the temptation to sin. I am far better off if I resist the temptation to sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

No, God isn't the cause of my sinning. Each time I am tempted to sin, I have the choice of sinning or resisting the temptation to sin. I am far better off if I resist the temptation to sin.

YES!  You have a choice BUT God causes the choice you make.  However, God has put obscurity in your heart.   You are not aware of His work that causes you make the choices you make.  He is spirit and he does His work outside you and within you.  For right now, we sin but in "due time", mankind will all be made into the image of God and will sin no more.  It is 100% the work of Christ (no room for "free will") and He will not fail us.  His "will" always overcomes our "will". 

Dan 4:35  And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of the heavens, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Joe

1 hour ago, Faithwilldo said:

YES!  You have a choice BUT God causes the choice you make.  However, God has put obscurity in your heart.   You are not aware of His work that causes you make the choices you make.  He is spirit and he does His work outside you and within you.  For right now, we sin but in "due time", mankind will all be made into the image of God and will sin no more.  It is 100% the work of Christ (no room for "free will") and He will not fail us.  His "will" always overcomes our "will". 

Dan 4:35  And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; and he doeth according to his will in the army of the heavens, and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Joe

If I decide to drive down to Las Vegas and am faced with all kinds of temptation, then I am there by choice, not because the Lord put me there.

8 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If I decide to drive down to Las Vegas and am faced with all kinds of temptation, then I am there by choice, not because the Lord put me there.

Your "senses" may make you think you went to Las Vegas by a "free will" choice but scripture says that is not true.  Faith is believing what God says over what we can perceive.  Abraham was told he and Sarah would have a son but Abraham lost faith because God was slow in fulfilling His promise and Sarah was past child bearing age.  God simply did not give Abraham enough faith to believe God.  If we don't have enough faith to believe God, then our only solution is to ask God for more faith.  Faith is a gift from God and not something we can produce from our on "will".  These verses below take faith to believe:

Prov 16:1  The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Prov 20:24  Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

The second verse says that your "goings" come from the Lord.  If you go to Las Vegas, it is because God put everything in place for you do go there.  If you can't believe that verse, you should pray for more faith.

Joe

14 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

Your "senses" may make you think you went to Las Vegas by a "free will" choice but scripture says that is not true.  Faith is believing what God says over what we can perceive.  Abraham was told he and Sarah would have a son but Abraham lost faith because God was slow in fulfilling His promise and Sarah was past child bearing age.  God simply did not give Abraham enough faith to believe God.  If we don't have enough faith to believe God, then our only solution is to ask God for more faith.  Faith is a gift from God and not something we can produce from our on "will".  These verses below take faith to believe:

Prov 16:1  The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Prov 20:24  Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

The second verse says that your "goings" come from the Lord.  If you go to Las Vegas, it is because God put everything in place for you do go there.  If you can't believe that verse, you should pray for more faith.

Joe

It is up to us to make the effort to resist temptation. If you aren't willing to do that, I think you will have a lot of trouble.

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

It is up to us to make the effort to resist temptation. If you aren't willing to do that, I think you will have a lot of trouble.

Yes, that is true.  But God is the one who causes you to resist temptation.

A belief in "free will" will cause a person to be self-righteous and that is the sin that leads to death.  No other sin will cause a believer to lose their salvation.  This belief in "free will" is a lie from Satan and that is how Satan kills the saints.     

Joe

29 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

Yes, that is true.  But God is the one who causes you to resist temptation.

A belief in "free will" will cause a person to be self-righteous and that is the sin that leads to death.  No other sin will cause a believer to lose their salvation.  This belief in "free will" is a lie from Satan and that is how Satan kills the saints.     

Joe

If God causes us to resist temptation, then why did God command us to repent? Why didn't he just do it for us?

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If God causes us to resist temptation, then why did God command us to repent? Why didn't he just do it for us?

God is teaching us about good and evil and is not ready to cause most people to repent.  Christ is currently only saving the "chosen" (the few, First Fruits, Elect) in this age.  They are the only ones who receive the early and latter rain of the Spirit.  All other people (unbelievers & fallen away believers) will be resurrected to judgment.  

Also, we can't repent until God acts within us:

Rom 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Until God gives us His "gifts" (faith, love, knowledge, etc.) we cannot repent.  He is the cause of our repentance.  Only the Elect repent in this age and they are few in number.

Paul is the example.  Paul repented on the Damascus Road when he was on his way to persecute Christians.  He did not make a "free will" decision to accept Christ as Lord.  He repented because God caused him to repent.  This is Paul's time of the early rain.  Three days later in Damascus, Paul received the latter rain of Spirit and was saved.  Until a believer receives the latter rain, they will not be saved.  It is all the work of Christ and He has chosen who will in the resurrection of First Fruits BEFORE the creation began.  They are the vessels of honor.  All others are vessels of dishonor.  But by the end of the final age, all will be saved and God will be "all in all".

1 Cor 15:20-28  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.  Then cometh the consummation, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Joe

6 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

God is teaching us about good and evil and is not ready to cause most people to repent.  Christ is currently only saving the "chosen" (the few, First Fruits, Elect) in this age.  They are the only ones who receive the early and latter rain of the Spirit.  All other people (unbelievers & fallen away believers) will be resurrected to judgment.  

Also, we can't repent until God acts within us:

Rom 11:29  For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Until God gives us His "gifts" (faith, love, knowledge, etc.) we cannot repent.  He is the cause of our repentance.  Only the Elect repent in this age and they are few in number.

Paul is the example.  Paul repented on the Damascus Road when he was on his way to persecute Christians.  He did not make a "free will" decision to accept Christ as Lord.  He repented because God caused him to repent.  This is Paul's time of the early rain.  Three days later in Damascus, Paul received the latter rain of Spirit and was saved.  Until a believer receives the latter rain, they will not be saved.  It is all the work of Christ and He has chosen who will in the resurrection of First Fruits BEFORE the creation began.  They are the vessels of honor.  All others are vessels of dishonor.  But by the end of the final age, all will be saved and God will be "all in all".

1 Cor 15:20-28  But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.  But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.  Then cometh the consummation, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Joe

The wages of sin are death (Romans 6:23). It's up to you: Sin or don't sin.