• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

40 day fast wow. Now no offense it seems you have already revived your reward.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, BeauJangles said:
16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I would not recommend doing this. 

Personally, neither do I. Especially if one has any health related concerns. The only purpose I've used for fasting was for a spiritual breakthrough which by far are the examples according to scriptures. It is not recommended merely for "enlightenment" purposes. My fasts always concluded on or by the third, not extending further than three days on water and juices to maintain sugar levels from dropping severely. The normal metabolism of  the body is stressed too severely going further, if you are doing a total fast with water only. One should also consult with a physician. Wisdom is key factor when feeling called to a fast and not to be taken lightly. Fasting is serious business

I do NOT recommend 40-day fasts either, as it appears to be more of a test of endurance to prove to oneself that it can be achieved. Pride really. The bible never shows fasting as a “test of endurance” that would give any of us heightened spiritual experiences, visions or very extraordinary insight as many mystics as well as Christians assert or that it will greatly increase the possibility of God answering our pursuits in prayer. Jesus told us that the essential means to answered prayer is by faith, not fasting.

Fasting is a way to testify to God and to ourselves that we are earnest about our relationship with Him. Fasting need not be a marathon race or a form of self punishment. A single day or two set aside for this purpose will suffice. A wholesome fast is a lifestyle of serving others and living for God. As Christians, this is what the Lord requires of us; to do justly, show mercy and to walk humbly with Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, appy said:

I do NOT recommend 40-day fasts either, as it appears to be more of a test of endurance to prove to oneself that it can be achieved. Pride really. The bible never shows fasting as a “test of endurance” that would give any of us heightened spiritual experiences, visions or very extraordinary insight as many mystics as well as Christians assert or that it will greatly increase the possibility of God answering our pursuits in prayer. Jesus told us that the essential means to answered prayer is by faith, not fasting.

Fasting is a way to testify to God and to ourselves that we are earnest about our relationship with Him. Fasting need not be a marathon race or a form of self punishment. A single day or two set aside for this purpose will suffice. A wholesome fast is a lifestyle of serving others and living for God. As Christians, this is what the Lord requires of us; to do justly, show mercy and to walk humbly with Him.

if you read the rest of the thread, he isnt really fasting in any meaningful or harmful way. He is simply cutting down on his food amounts and spacing out his meals and clling it a fast.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I would like to add new information about me. It seemed that some people is not please with my action which I called a fast.

First of all, I have many health issues. I am diabetic, have high cholesterol, and I’m bipolar. I’m taking a lot of medications. I need to have food as well as drinking a lot of water. However, I was doing a lot of sinful things and I wanted to overcome them. Therefore, I’m doing a partial fasting. I wanted to feel hunger for 12 hours and learn to accept it or overcome my sinful things. So far so good!!!

I am continuing to do it. I will accept any consequences of my action. With God’s help, I will be fine...

• Well Said! 1

47 minutes ago, leah777 said:

if you read the rest of the thread, he isnt really fasting in any meaningful or harmful way. He is simply cutting down on his food amounts and spacing out his meals and clling it a fast.

I don't disagree with you. The opster is attempting to do a food fast and manage his diabetes at the same time for 40 days. I agree with you in that spacing out small meals defeats the purpose and meaning of a food fast. Which is why I had said the following in my first post in this thread. And highlighted key points in my last post in this thread.

“There are individuals that due to health reason's should not do a food fast.   We can demonstrate privately to God in other ways the humility and humbleness in our hearts. Prayer is a greater need than fasting, and is far more important than fasting”

Jesus told us that the essential means to answered prayer is by faith, not fasting.”

A wholesome fast is a lifestyle of serving others and living for God. As Christians, this is what the Lord requires of us; to do justly, show mercy and to walk humbly with Him.”

Appy,

For 40 days, I will pray and fast. Every time I feel hungry, I pray. My heart wanted to do this and I’m following my heart. 

57 minutes ago, Adam999 said:

I would like to add new information about me. It seemed that some people is not please with my action which I called a fast.

First of all, I have many health issues. I am diabetic, have high cholesterol, and I’m bipolar. I’m taking a lot of medications. I need to have food as well as drinking a lot of water. However, I was doing a lot of sinful things and I wanted to overcome them. Therefore, I’m doing a partial fasting. I wanted to feel hunger for 12 hours and learn to accept it or overcome my sinful things. So far so good!!!

I am continuing to do it. I will accept any consequences of my action. With God’s help, I will be fine...

Please take into account that replies are not only addressing you in your endeavor, but also addressing others who are reading the conversation. I agree with you in that a partial food fast is better than a total food fast in your situation. With that said, it is a good idea to have a doctor monitor your health closely and very frequently during this fast. Don't think of this as just about your tummy or your diabetes. When you intake nourishment, your brain and heart get the lion's share and then your other internal organs in that order before any other part of you receives any intake of nutrition. An extended fast deprives your organs of life sustaining nutrition to keep you alive and when there isn't enough nutrition, they shut down in an attempt to keep you alive. This is why folks are upset, not that you are merely doing a fast, but the length of it. Anything over three days is hazardous to even very healthy people, let alone someone with health issues. Healthy people doing an extended fast have died after one or two weeks of depriving themselves of nourishment. Extended fasts are very hard on your heart, kidney's and liver.

The thing is you can give yourself other long term health problems in addition to what you already have. It is not the length of time or endurance that makes fasting beneficial, but the sincerity in your heart of the desire for that closer walk with the Lord.

5 minutes ago, appy said:

Please take into account that replies are not only addressing you in your endeavor, but also addressing others who are reading the conversation. I agree with you in that a partial food fast is better than a total food fast in your situation. With that said, it is a good idea to have a doctor monitor your health closely and very frequently during this fast. Don't think of this as just about your tummy or your diabetes. When you intake nourishment, your brain and heart get the lion's share and then your other internal organs in that order before any other part of you receives any intake of nutrition. An extended fast deprives your organs of life sustaining nutrition to keep you alive and when there isn't enough nutrition, they shut down in an attempt to keep you alive. This is why folks are upset, not that you are merely doing a fast, but the length of it. Anything over three days is hazardous to even very healthy people, let alone someone with health issues. Healthy people doing an extended fast have died after one or two weeks of depriving themselves of nourishment. Extended fasts are very hard on your heart, kidney's and liver.

The thing is you can give yourself other long term health problems in addition to what you already have. It is not the length of time or endurance that makes fasting beneficial, but the sincerity in your heart of the desire for that closer walk with the Lord.

Appy, you have a genuine concerned for my well-being. I love you for that, my friend. I will pray to our Heavenly Father if I should cut short of my fasting. I will update my brothers and sisters here at Worthy soon.

God bless you!!!

Adam

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, appy said:

I agree with you. It does seem like a pride issue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello brothers and sisters,

After intense prayers and discussion with my pastor, I have decided to break my fast today. The experience of fasting was worthwhile and I learned a lot from it. Thank you all for the comments, recommendations, and concerns. 

God bless you!!!

Adam

• Praise God! 1