Adam999

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

During the End-Time, the two witnesses will appear. Who are they?

To my understanding, they are the Jews and Gentiles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

Edited by Adam999

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,631
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I've heard Elijah and someone else. Moses maybe. Enoch? 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think what one of them 2 is the pope martyr of secret number 3 of Virgin Mary in Apparitions in Fatima in Portugal for 3 kids.

• Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

They  don't just appear at the end time. They just appear in Jerusalem for 42 months before the end. 

I understand they are two candelsticks(churches). They are armies of gentile nations sent to protect Jerusalem from the beast(ten Muslim nations). The arrangement between the King of the north and Israel(the little horn) provides the witnesses occupation of Jerusalem and they shall occupy Jerusalem for 42 months. 

After the Muslims nations have attacked and killed those Christian armies, the king of the north responds by placing the abomination of desolation in Jerusalem.He goes forth with great fury to innihalate most of the middle east and north Africa.The beast is destroyed at that time and cast into the fire. The promised land is then given to the saints who do not worship the beast or recieve its mark and who were killed for thier testimony of Christ. It is given to them forever. 

As for the two witnesses. They spent thier time tormenting people. I expect they will receive the same treatment. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63

I think we have to go with what God has told us and what their ministries entailed. 

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

There have been 2 prophets that we know for sure have not "seen death" as Enoch and Elijah.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jude 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jude 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

James 5:17 Elias (Elijah)  was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.

James 5:18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

James 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

Malachi 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

So What were their ministries?  Enoch, fallen angels (Noah was grand or great grandson?)  Elijah, fire from heaven and no rain.  

Elijah - Well, one of my hopes cause some of my very favorite parts of the bible happen around him. Also, my favorite miracle, one I think gives us a good look at Gods personality, and His funny side.  I digress  

Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Revelation 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Revelation 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Which brings up Moses.  But does it?  God does the miracles,  not man in the end but/and  Moses was the law giver but not for sure if he died or not.  Then again he was on the mount. 

No matter who they are,  we will know THEY ARE HERE.  My 2 cents. 

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

15 hours ago, Adam999 said:

During the End-Time, the two witnesses will appear. Who are they?

To my understanding, they are the Jews and Gentiles.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

Groups just don't fit the description of the men being killed and their dead bodies lying in the streets. These are individuals.

My suspicion is that John the Apostle is one of them:

John 21:22 Jesus said to him, “If I will that he [John] remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.” 23 Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?”

Rev. 10:11 And he said to me [John], “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

The two witnesses are post-trib and post-rapture, in the time right after Jesus comes. I suggest that John will fulfill Rev. 10:11 during this time, then be martyred like the other Apostles were.

Edited by WilliamL
  • Brilliant! 1

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Groups just don't fit the description of the men being killed and their dead bodies lying in the streets. These are individuals.

My suspicion is that John the Apostle is one of them:

John 21:22 Jesus said to him, “If I will that he [John] remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.” 23 Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?”

Rev. 10:11 And he said to me [John], “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings.”

The two witnesses are post-trib and post-rapture, in the time right after Jesus comes. I suggest that John will fulfill Rev. 10:11 during this time, then be martyred like the other Apostles were.

John is not the kind of person who would torment people like the two witnesses do. John was a caring person. The kind of person you would want to take care of your mother when you were dieing.

PS,anyone who can understand revelation is hearing John prophecy. Even today. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

My best guess is Elijah and Enoch.  Just because they were taken and never saw death.  If you read the book of Enoch he has a lot to say about the Last Days and to me he fits the bill.   I dont think it would be Moses because Moses died and for him to be resurrected would mean we would have to die a second death which sort of goes against scriptures.

• Loved it! 1

I think everyone of overlooking the fact that they are Gentiles. 

The Gentiles occupy Jerusalem for 42 months have power to torment people. 

And the scripture doesnt say God is tormenting people so don't say God is doing it. 

The tormenting is the deeds performed by the witnesses. 

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-2.htm

https://biblehub.com/revelation/11-3.htm

Edited by Shilohsfoal
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/20/2020 at 2:42 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

John is not the kind of person who would torment people like the two witnesses do. John was a caring person.

Luke 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

Just like the two witnesses will do.

• Thumbs Up 1