• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, NotAllThere said:

Right... so essentially what you're saying is that if you speak the truth of Jesus, then it doesn't matter how you do it. I think we all can agree with that. To me, it's a truism. In fact, I can't think of anyone who would disagree with it... so... what was your point? 

Would you be directing this question to me?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Not sure I agree.. I would agree with Paul that at least the gospel is being preached :) I remember walking with my wife in LA where this street preacher was yelling at people going into see some movie. I stopped and looked at him and asked the Father "is he of you?" And God answered right back.. that alone was.. awesome. He said "if he is not against me he is for me". Whats strange is I knew what He meant. That is not the way Christ would do it. So.. at least the gospel is being preached. Which I do not do enough of.. Father for give me in Jesus name

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 8/26/2020 at 5:03 AM, vinho1000 said:

Every method and style of preaching are profound and wise, when the Word of God is explained in every method and organization of the sermon is profound. If someone speak against the preaching of the Word of God this caracterize blasphemy. We must consider every method of preaching good and wise.

Hi Vinny, 

I really can't quite agree with this. The reason being is there is a lot of apostasy going on behind the pulpits of a good number of churches today. This is a part of the prophetic writings that have been revealed from the Apostle John's vision in book of Revelation. Not even those truly born again can win a gold star on their charts every single time either. Then there are the ministers of false doctrines and especially the cultish ones. So, I can't say that's good or profound. 

Shabbat Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

910460154_th(10).jpg.22c517b0ced976c62a15a709a325ec33.jpg

Edited by BeauJangles

19 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I really can't quite agree with this. The reason being is there is a lot of apostasy going on behind the pulpits of a good number of churches today. This is a part of the prophetic writings that have been revealed from the Apostle John's vision in book of Revelation. Not even those truly born again can win a gold star on their charts every single time either. Then there are the ministers of false doctrines and especially the cultish ones. So, I can't say that's good or profound. 

Vin said;    "Every method and style of preaching are profound and wise,
when the Word of God is explained in every method and organization of the sermon is profound.

If someone
speak against the preaching of the Word of God this caracterize blasphemy.
We must consider every
method of preaching good and wise"

I can not speak for Vin, but I believe he first clarified him self insuring the word preached was explained in every method.
I took this to mean the when  truth of the word was preached. There could be a language situation. (I could be wrong, Beau)
The second half is self explanatory.
Scripture explains when God's word is preached, it doesn't matter the person, the motive, or the method.
God says let the person continue, when it's truth.
Truth is truth.     It will not return void.
(what I believe)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

27 minutes ago, Sower said:

I took this to mean the when  truth of the word was preached. There could be a language situation. (I could be wrong, Beau)

Here's how I'm reading this. Perhaps the opening statement is murky and not clarified adequately. 

vinho1000 said:

Every method and style of preaching are profound and wise, when the Word of God is explained in every method and organization of the sermon is profound.

I'm seeing this from the opening statement perhaps and misunderstanding it as did  this response. 

Who me said:

No, not every method of preaching is wise nor is it profound.

I'm surmising the sentence structure is confusing more than one poster here. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

16 hours ago, vinho1000 said:

I refers to correct and true explanation of Gods word

When you say All preaching is correct etc and do not say that you only mean Christian preachers you open yourself to my correction of your incorrect statement.

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm surmising the sentence structure is confusing more than one poster here.

default_thumbsup.gif.a5616b85dce4deaced535ec61ea69f0a.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

18 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.8471052f791f5ab7dea2a99aa8ae0aae.gif

I, as every believer, am called to share the good news. WHO would not?
I remember what I was saved from, and that a faithful believer took the time and effort to witness to me.
I go scatter seed when ever, where ever, with whom ever I can. The spirit draws.
If I sow seed in a way not appreciated by other believers, that's no concern for me.
The principal of sowing is simple, the more seed scattered, the more chance of harvest. No seed scattered, no harvest.
We may fumble in our presentation, forget a scripture or not have the  greatest methods.
We might go where others would say our motives are wrong.  That's cool
But to me, the key words are,    We go.....

But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true,
Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

“As the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, . . . So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void

"When Paul stood before Felix and Drusilla, he did his best. He preached the gospel, though he never did win Felix or Drusilla to the Lord.

That is the way with our testimony. We enter a great soulwinning appeal, but not everyone is going to listen. A person will fail in many attempts, appeals, and invitations. The Lord Jesus did not win the rich young ruler. Nor did He succeed in winning the Sadducees, the scribes, and the elders. In fact, they crucified Him. Nevertheless, He won some. God always will do that for us when we are faithful, when we witness, and when we testify. Not all will turn, believe, and be saved, but some will.

In my own heart, I have the same spirit that Spurgeon had when he was accosted about the futility of preaching to those who were not chosen in the sovereignty and elective purpose of God. He said, “But, sir, when I preach and am faithful to the Word, there will always be some who are chosen, who will be saved.”

That is our strength and our comfort. Wherever we have opportunity, we should invite others to the Lord, deliver the message of Christ, say a good word about Jesus, and encourage in the faith. Many will not listen or respond, but some will; you did, I did, and I bless God for those who preached the gospel to me. I listened, and I praise His name for the grace of God that saved me!"

...Pastor Criswell

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

17 hours ago, Sower said:

Would you be directing this question to me?

No. To the OP. Sorry for the confusion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

"When Paul stood before Felix and Drusilla, he did his best. He preached the gospel, though he never did win Felix or Drusilla to the Lord.

That is the way with our testimony. We enter a great soul winning appeal, but not everyone is going to listen. A person will fail in many attempts, appeals, and invitations. The Lord Jesus did not win the rich young ruler. Nor did He succeed in winning the Sadducees, the scribes, and the elders. In fact, they crucified Him. Nevertheless, He won some. God always will do that for us when we are faithful, when we witness, and when we testify. Not all will turn, believe, and be saved, but some will.

In my own heart, I have the same spirit that Spurgeon had when he was accosted about the futility of preaching to those who were not chosen in the sovereignty and elective purpose of God. He said, “But, sir, when I preach and am faithful to the Word, there will always be some who are chosen, who will be saved.”

That is our strength and our comfort. Wherever we have opportunity, we should invite others to the Lord, deliver the message of Christ, say a good word about Jesus, and encourage in the faith. Many will not listen or respond, but some will; you did, I did, and I bless God for those who preached the gospel to me. I listened, and I praise His name for the grace of God that saved me!"

...Pastor Criswell

default_thumbsup.gif.135c98a98ccd893e8beef01dc3777029.gif

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand"
John 10:27

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1