Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

A brother in the Lord messaged me today and in conversation, this thought was placed upon my heart. I believe it is from God. I pray you do not let pre-conceived  opinions about me from the past  hinder you from examining your walk as you read these potentially profound but wholly inadequate words..

What if, for some reason, Christians could no longer meet together? There was no more church services. Heck, there is no more "church" as we know it. No Christian T.V. No Christian Radio.. Just Jesus, with the world falling apart outside your door.  Your level of intimacy is what it is. How would you fare? Are you convinced you would still thrive spiritually? 

I believe for many, they would wilt away. God's love would remain steadfast, , but their "receptor" would be severely limited, hampering them from receiving God's comfort and assurance. Perhaps in your case, you disagree and if so, that is wonderful.

But I believe that as a whole,  we are far more comfortable talking "about Jesus", than being with Him.  our prayer time more of a duty than a pleasure. Scripture, doctrine fellowship all wonderful. Reflections of light But not the source of light. They assure us we are AOK, not Jesus whispering it to  us Himself.  For most, spiritual "re-filling" happens on Sundays and yes, by Christian friends and family too, all talking "about" Jesus. These are our sources of life and light. These are the power that fuel us on our Christian path.  not Christ Himself. If our prayer time is our true reflection of depth of Christianity, how do each one of us fare?  

Why do I bring this up? Because much of what I just shared  may soon  be in our future. I know I am not popular in some circles here, and I hold no animosity. Despite what many believe, my heart is towards every single person here.  I pray you at least consider that what I am sharing could indeed come to pass, and I am led to believe  that in what could happen within months, an immense shaking or shakings involving all of society's fabric will occur.

These shakings for believers are not God's anger at us, but God's provision to insure we are brought to where He wants us to be, safe from satan and his minions.  Our foundations are about to be examined and It will reveal how deeply our roots go down into Him, so that, if we are found lacking, we can fix it. Glory! 

I do not mean to scare anyone. I simply want people to not be caught unaware. The Lord knows my heart in this matter. We are about to discover how deeply the good news actually goes. God wants us to know Him in such intimacy and power, that our peace in the midst of upheaval will literally lead others to know Him. Our shield, our safety is not to be our church, nor our pastor, nor our saved friends. Life is from Him alone, and He wants to have a relationship with you that puts after-burners on your process of sanctification. 

My friend recommended a video and it concerned a pastor who has been receiving dreams. A very humble guy. The constant message was "Brace yourself".  Months. 

The question is... How?? God has an answer for us, a place in Him where  we really are kept... kept from sin, kept from falling, kept by the power of God through faith. A true abiding in the vine relationship, all day, every day.

And He is calling all who hunger and thirst for more of Him, and  all  who desire true victory in Him. He is calling all who are filled with fear as to what is coming, and he is calling all those who have tried their best to be content right where they are, convinced that this is the best God has to offer.

He calls, pleading with us to return unto Him, return  again to our first love, admitting we have lost our way, crying out for deliverance from our carnal natures and our blasted contentment with less than true intimacy with Christ Himself.  He simply asks that we want it as much as He does.  

Perilous times are coming into view. Normal Christianity will simply not suffice. I say this not to anger, offend or judge. I say it because it is true and we finally will be forced to admit it. The only question is "How much pressure before each one of us breaks and cries out for more?"

There is a scripture that says in effect.   "If you have run with the footmen and they have wearied you, what will you do when the horsemen arrive?  A very relevant question, and one we all need to ponder on.  Our hearts and what we have made our treasure is about to be tested.  It is fairly easy to be a  Christian in good standing today. Not much is expected. No one sees us on the inside, or what we do in secret. So we find it pretty easy to "make a fair show in the flesh" when  the skies are sunny. But the winds and rain from the approaching storm will reveal how deeply we are rooted in  Jesus, and how much we have grown roots into this world, THIS life.

Do you remember the parable off the servants who were told to make themselves ready, for their  master returns, and how they all responded? They all made excuses why they could not come right at the moment, too busy with their own lives here on earth. Are we so blinded that we cannot see that this parable could be about US?

There is a place of safety. A place where peace replaces fear.  Where our trust in Him to do as He has promised is so set in stone, that nothing can shake us. A place where, despite our fleshly bodies, our natures ARE new, and they rule that body and keep it under, for here God actually does cause us to obey. Glory! 

This walk has been seen in the past as "optional". For those  fringe dwellers with a 'religious bent', lol. But that is soon to be changed for each one of us to "absolutely essential". We are told that the name of the Lord is a strong and mighty tower, and the righteous runs in and is safe.

God is awakening us, just as He promised us  Faithful God! Thank you Father. 

blessings, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

We are told that the church age is coming to an end and the 1000 reign of Christ is going to begin. Actually in acts we are told that just as Jesus left He is going to return. Although I am open to the return not being physical at this time.  Still the indication is that the Holy Spirit dispensation is coming to and end and the rule and reign of Christ will begin. They talk about the manifest Son (Daughters) of God. This is not just Christians. The Conservative "Jewish" people are looking for the Messiah to come & the Muslims are looking for some sort of religious leader to appear also. So everyone expects that the next 1,000 years will be a time of peace. 

If the darkness increases all the more there is light and power from God to overcome. The Final Harvest will be a greater anointing then what the early church had at Pentecost. Even Moses tells us the latter rain is greater than at the beginning. 

You sound more doom and gloom then to be excited for what God is doing. I have heard people say that this is greater than the revivals we have had in the past. So much so that they want to come up with a new word to use to explain and describe what is happening now that the Final Great Harvest has begun. 

Edited by JohnR7

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

Noah was locked down totally in the ark for a year, without delicacy of food and drinks, internets, tv, radio, music, movies like yours, how bout that ?

Daniel was taken in captivity to Babylon, no freedom and no gathering at synagogue, how bout that ? Did he loose his faith ? We shud ask ourselves does God ask too much from us but obedience.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

A brother in the Lord messaged me today and in conversation, this thought was placed upon my heart. I believe it is from God. I pray you do not let pre-conceived  opinions about me from the past  hinder you from examining your walk as you read these potentially profound but wholly inadequate words..

What if, for some reason, Christians could no longer meet together? There was no more church services. Heck, there is no more "church" as we know it. No Christian T.V. No Christian Radio.. Just Jesus, with the world falling apart outside your door.  Your level of intimacy is what it is. How would you fare? Are you convinced you would still thrive spiritually? 

The Lord raised me up in the wilderness far removed from human habitation, so my answer to the question you posed above is "yes." 

I was a young man when the Lord called to me out of the blue. I had never darkened the door of a church, read the scriptures, watched Christian programming, nor listened to Christian music. I was tasting material success for the first (and only) time in my life as the right hand of a wealthy publisher. My talents made this man a great deal of money and because of this, whatsoever I desired was placed into my hands.

It was late Friday afternoon when the Spirit of God drew near, declaring that I was the work of His hand set aside for His purpose before I was born. The time had come to seek the Lord and when I found Him at last, I would stand before God. 

I felt like a child in the presence of His Holy Spirit. My heart was like lead and in spite of never devoting any thought to the Lord, there was no questioning what was taking place. How could this be? I couldn't eat... I tossed and turned in bed and didn't sleep a wink... and when the night yielded to day I realized what was required of me. I answered the Lord and asked Him what I needed to do. I was an ignorant man ignorant of His ways: where should I go?  

After I had given away my possessions and delivered a resignation letter to the publisher, the Lord led me to a community of the saints living in the countryside several hours away. It was there I met the man whom the Lord said would teach me what I needed to know. After hearing my testimony our brother preached the Gospel... I believed, was baptized in water, and added to their number. This was only the beginning of my trials, brother. 

To make a long story short, I fled from my brothers and sisters in shame and proceeded to wander aimlessly across the United States for many years. I would find a place to stay and apply myself to meaningful work but it wasn't long before the proverbial roof crashed down upon my head. I found myself wandering once more, homeless and destitute until I found another place to stay and constructive work to do. So it went until the words which the Spirit of God spoke long ago were fulfilled: 

I came to the aid of a stranger in a remote wilderness. It was there I set aside my life for their sake and when I was close to death, the Spirit of the Lord came to me. God did the impossible, returning me to life and health... but I lost the ability to speak for close to two years after Christ revealed Himself to me. 

Yes, I'm confident that the Lord will do as He sees fit come what may. My confidence is in Jesus Christ, not this world.  

Edited by Marathoner
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Just Jesus is what I have now.   

psalm-62-5-michelle-greene-wheeler.jpg.d141079b6c82d6a5c1c70b6dc28f7e96.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

We are told that the church age is coming to an end and the 1000 reign of Christ is going to begin. Actually in acts we are told that just as Jesus left He is going to return. Although I am open to the return not being physical at this time.  Still the indication is that the Holy Spirit dispensation is coming to and end and the rule and reign of Christ will begin. They talk about the manifest Son (Daughters) of God. This is not just Christians. The Conservative "Jewish" people are looking for the Messiah to come & the Muslims are looking for some sort of religious leader to appear also. So everyone expects that the next 1,000 years will be a time of peace. 

If the darkness increases all the more there is light and power from God to overcome. The Final Harvest will be a greater anointing then what the early church had at Pentecost. Even Moses tells us the latter rain is greater than at the beginning. 

You sound more doom and gloom then to be excited for what God is doing. I have heard people say that this is greater than the revivals we have had in the past. So much so that they want to come up with a new word to use to explain and describe what is happening now that the Final Great Harvest has begun. 

A warning of this magnitude cannot be delivered without the weight of it bearing down upon the one asked to deliver it. 

We have been taught that we will all be raptured away and never suffer in the least. I would love for that to be true. But just as we have not been immune to the effects of Covid, we will not be when things really go south. God is offering us a lifeline to safety, a way to overcome when the enemy comes in like a flood, but until we see the danger of staying where we are, many will simply not be moved to seek Him anew to not just save us, but to keep us safe from the attacks and temptations from the enemy that are surely coming our way  as well. 

blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord raised me up in the wilderness far removed from human habitation, so my answer to the question you posed above is "yes." 

I was a young man when the Lord called to me out of the blue. I had never darkened the door of a church, read the scriptures, watched Christian programming, nor listened to Christian music. I was tasting material success for the first (and only) time in my life as the right hand of a wealthy publisher. My talents made this man a great deal of money and because of this, whatsoever I desired was placed into my hands.

It was late Friday afternoon when the Spirit of God drew near, declaring that I was the work of His hand set aside for His purpose before I was born. The time had come to seek the Lord and when I found Him at last, I would stand before God. 

I felt like a child in the presence of His Holy Spirit. My heart was like lead and in spite of never devoting any thought to the Lord, there was no questioning what was taking place. How could this be? I couldn't eat... I tossed and turned in bed and didn't sleep a wink... and when the night yielded to day I realized what was required of me. I answered the Lord and asked Him what I needed to do. I was an ignorant man ignorant of His ways: where should I go?  

After I had given away my possessions and delivered a resignation letter to the publisher, the Lord led me to a community of the saints living in the countryside several hours away. It was there I met the man whom the Lord said would teach me what I needed to know. After hearing my testimony our brother preached the Gospel... I believed, was baptized in water, and added to their number. This was only the beginning of my trials, brother. 

To make a long story short, I fled from my brothers and sisters in shame and proceeded to wander aimlessly across the United States for many years. I would find a place to stay and apply myself to meaningful work but it wasn't long before the proverbial roof crashed down upon my head. I found myself wandering once more, homeless and destitute until I found another place to stay and constructive work to do. So it went until the words which the Spirit of God spoke long ago were fulfilled: 

I came to the aid of a stranger in a remote wilderness. It was there I set aside my life for their sake and when I was close to death, the Spirit of the Lord came to me. God did the impossible, returning me to life and health... but I lost the ability to speak for close to two years after Christ revealed Himself to me. 

Yes, I'm confident that the Lord will do as He sees fit come what may. My confidence is in Jesus Christ, not this world.  

I have no doubts that what you say is true, dear brother. You are blessed.

Gids

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

10 hours ago, Gideon said:

It is already happening today, and has been for a long time.
Most here in America have no idea of what Christians have to suffer for Christ in other foreign countries in this world.
The persecutions, beheading, killings of those faithful to Christ. Right now, today.
Some travel,walking, across their country for days just to gather/assemble at night to worship pray and sing quietly together.
Knowing at any moment they could all be imprisoned and tortured.
They understand/desire the importance of assembling together as commanded in scripture.

I believe for many, they would wilt away. God's love would remain steadfast, but their "receptor" would be severely limited, hampering them from receiving God's comfort and assurance. Perhaps in your case, you disagree and if so, that is wonderful.

I believe their "receptors" would not be severely limited, but instead,
they would finally be shaken up :), kick started  "on line" with God 24/7 again, as God's ways are not man's ways,
nor is His timing, chastisements and blessings.
God's greatest blessings often hurt the most, like surgery to remove a cancer.

My friend recommended a video and it concerned a pastor who has been receiving dreams. A very humble guy. The constant message was "Brace yourself".  Months. 

I have never considered any of my dreams, as many are lewd, angry, crazy weird, with no relevance to scripture.
You must be special, or have a gift to receive dreams from God.
My dreams usually have bits and pieces of recent happenings in my life.
My only experience (personally) with those who have proclaimed a vision from
God to others has been false, and caused discord within the body.
I do not say some can't have dreams as scripture states, only that I haven't met one.
When I hear "I had a dream from God, so"......,   I subconsciously go on red alert. (for now)

As far as bracing ourselves for the great battles ahead, I'll just say that if you didn't already know,
the battle has been going on for a very very long time. Most don't know cause their AWOL from Christ's army.
It's just most choose to not engage the "real"enemy, and become pew sitters, piously content.
They say their not 'called' to tell someone about Jesus. Not receiving the  gift of evangelism exempts them.
Not assembling themselves together for a hundred and one reasons,
and some others walk a hundred miles for just a chance to pray and to worship in the dark, or caves, "together"
These people have been "braced" for persecution as a way of life, for they are in the battle, soldiers for Christ.
A couple at our church drives over eighty miles each week to attend our church. For years.
He has glasses like bottle bottoms.   They're in their nineties.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against
the rulers of the darkness of this age,
against spiritual
hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places"

"These are the days that try men's souls,"
but still,

God is on the Throne!!,
Come Lord Jesus!

1 hour ago, Sower said:

It is already happening today, and has been for a long time.
Most here in America have no idea of what Christians have to suffer for Christ in other foreign countries in this world.
The persecutions, beheading, killings of those faithful to Christ. Right now, today.
Some travel,walking, across their country for days just to gather/assemble at night to worship pray and sing quietly together.
Knowing at any moment they could all be imprisoned and tortured.
They understand/desire the importance of assembling together as commanded in scripture.

I believe their "receptors" would not be severely limited, but instead,
they would finally be shaken up :), kick started  "on line" with God 24/7 again, as God's ways are not man's ways,
nor is His timing, chastisements and blessings.
God's greatest blessings often hurt the most, like surgery to remove a cancer.

I have never considered any of my dreams, as many are lewd, angry, crazy weird, with no relevance to scripture.
You must be special, or have a gift to receive dreams from God.
My dreams usually have bits and pieces of recent happenings in my life.
My only experience (personally) with those who have proclaimed a vision from
God to others has been false, and caused discord within the body.
I do not say some can't have dreams as scripture states, only that I haven't met one.
When I hear "I had a dream from God, so"......,   I subconsciously go on red alert. (for now)

As far as bracing ourselves for the great battles ahead, I'll just say that if you didn't already know,
the battle has been going on for a very very long time. Most don't know cause their AWOL from Christ's army.
It's just most choose to not engage the "real"enemy, and become pew sitters, piously content.
They say their not 'called' to tell someone about Jesus. Not receiving the  gift of evangelism exempts them.
Not assembling themselves together for a hundred and one reasons,
and some others walk a hundred miles for just a chance to pray and to worship in the dark, or caves, "together"
These people have been "braced" for persecution as a way of life, for they are in the battle, soldiers for Christ.
A couple at our church drives over eighty miles each week to attend our church. For years.
He has glasses like bottle bottoms.   They're in their nineties.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against
the rulers of the darkness of this age,
against spiritual
hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places"

"These are the days that try men's souls,"
but still,

God is on the Throne!!,
Come Lord Jesus!

What a great reply. Thank you brother.  And you are right. Often, God's greatest gifts come from our walks reaching a crisis point. God is awakening His own to return to our first love, and if we have never left, all the better! 

We are told to count it all jot when we fall into  diverse temptation knowing this, that the shakings and tribulations are for our benefit, not our harm. For many of us, our faith has never truly been tested and tried by fire. I pray we remember that on the other side of that obstacle is a deeper, purer, stronger faith, shining forth as pure gold. 

blessings to you, Sower

Gids

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm id pray and read more than ever