IGNORED

Where will Christ reign from in the New Heavens and New Earth?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Where will Christ reign from in the New Heavens & New Earth?

We know that when Christ rose and ascended, the Father -

`…seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but in the one to come. And He put all things under His feet…` (Eph.1: 20 - 22)

The Father desires that His Son `in all things may have the pre-eminence.` (Col. 1: 18)

The `all things` involve all that He created `in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.` (Col. 1: 16)

God said `heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool.` (Isa. 66: 1)

Thus we know from God`s word that the Father placed His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenly places, far above all in this age and the one to come, (NH&NE). We also know that it is in heaven that God has His seat of authority, His throne. And that the earth is but His footstool. All things under that come under the Son`s authority, His throne.

Now some people have been misled, I believe, and taught another view, a view that actually tries to bring the Lord down to man`s level on the earth. This is false teaching, I believe, that tries to undermine the pre-eminence of the Lord who reigns far above all `in this age and the one to come,` as the Father appointed.

So let`s look at what I believe is this `false teaching,` to actually see the errors it is built on. The view says that the Lord will reign in the New Jerusalem on the new earth. This view places the Lord

• reigning from His footstool.

• in a position below the angels.

• in a position below where Lucifer ruled.

• in a position even below where Lucifer was cast out to.

• on the earth (& not where the Father appointed Him, in heaven.)

I therefore do not see this view as holding the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father`s Son as being PRE-EMNINENT IN ALL THINGS.

Have you heard this teaching and what are your thoughts?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Once the old earth and heavens are replaced there is no mention of a footstool, only the throne of God and of the Lamb being the source of LIFE.

Rev 21:1-5  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  (2)  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  (3)  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  (4)  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.  (5)  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 22:1-5  And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.  (2)  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  (3)  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:  (4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.  (5)  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God gives them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

50 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Once the old earth and heavens are replaced there is no mention of a footstool, only the throne of God and of the Lamb being the source of LIFE.

Rev 21:1-5  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  (2)  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  (3)  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  (4)  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.  (5)  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 22:1-5  And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.  (2)  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  (3)  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:  (4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.  (5)  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God gives them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Yes the `throne,` the authority of the Father and the Son will be in the Hew Jerusalem BUT that is NOT the seat of their authority.

King Solomon said, (by the Spirit), `But will God dwell on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain you.....` (1 Kings 8: 27)

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes the `throne,` the authority of the Father and the Son will be in the Hew Jerusalem BUT that is NOT the seat of their authority.

King Solomon said, (by the Spirit), `But will God dwell on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain you.....` (1 Kings 8: 27)

Does this help?

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Does this help?

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Hi Michael,

God is a Spirit, (John 4: 24) and that is how He dwells with us and all those in the New Jerusalem and on the earth. 

`God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.` (John 4: 24)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

God is a Spirit, (John 4: 24) and that is how He dwells with us and all those in the New Jerusalem and on the earth. 

`God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.` (John 4: 24)

Yes, which as you know is why God's People are raised with spiritual bodies.

1Co 15:44  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

You are trying to make some point but I'm not sure what it is, Marilyn. Hopefully you will make your case clearer and then we can continue to edify each other.

16 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, which as you know is why God's People are raised with spiritual bodies.

1Co 15:44  It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

You are trying to make some point but I'm not sure what it is, Marilyn. Hopefully you will make your case clearer and then we can continue to edify each other.

Hi Michael,

I do like that you said `to continue to edify each other.` What a wonderful thought and very necessary as we discuss, especially if we see things a bit differently.

Now you were saying that when the tabernacle of God comes down out of heaven from God that He would then be with His people. I was saying that He would be with them by His Spirit as He is a Spirit.

Hope that is clearer.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Marilyn, clear would be you don't believe Christ will reign on this earth for 1000 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Matt. 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Luke 1:32 “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

The Kingdom of David is earthly, not heavenly.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Marilyn

I have said most of things before regarding my view of these things. We will be with Jesus forever, We will reign with Him and sit on His throne. His throne will be in New Jerusalem which come out of heaven from God. It will not "land" on the Earth but remain above it. Nations will walk in its light. He/we will reign as He does now-from above. Just as a king once reigned on this land from across an ocean it will be so then as well.