• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Does any one have the answer?

Yes the Bible tells us in Acts 1:21-26 how Mathius was appointed to replace judus.

May I suggest you start a Bible reading plan to read through the Bible every year. It is not difficult you rea two OT chapters, one Psalm and one N T chapter every day and with audio books you can listen to them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This my answer in another thread just like it...

The effort in Matthias by lot seemed out of place to Spirit led NT activity...
Acts 1:26

26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
KJV

However the direct witness of Paul from God was He was an apostle
Gal 1:1

1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
KJV

Jesus chose the twelve by direct desire of the Father 
John 5:19

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
KJV
Taking this all into account we see Paul the same.... as the original 11 were chosen to apostleship for Judas was chosen to betray Jesus although it was not God's desire he do so
2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Who me said:

Yes the Bible tells us in Acts 1:21-26 how Mathius was appointed to replace judus.

May I suggest you start a Bible reading plan to read through the Bible every year. It is not difficult you rea two OT chapters, one Psalm and one N T chapter every day and with audio books you can listen to them.

Thank you Who me.

18 hours ago, Debp said:

Thank you Debp.

Acts 1:23   And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

Acts 1:24   And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

Acts 1:25   That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Acts 1:26   And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

There seems to be a problem with this.  It wasn't up to the apostles to choose who would replace Judas.  Even though they prayed, they didn't receive an answer, but cast lots.  God doesn't cast lots, it's not his tradition.  God is the only one that can truly go into the heart of man, and the apostles were just new, not fully fed yet.

Acts 9:15   But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Acts 9:16   For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Acts 22:12   And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Acts 22:13   Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him.

Acts 22:14   And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

Acts 22:15   For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Acts 22:16   And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 26:15   And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Acts 26:16   But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Acts 26:17   Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Acts 26:18   To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Romans 1:1   Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1 Corinthians 1:1   Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2 Corinthians 1:1   Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Galatians 1:1   Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Ephesians 1:1   Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 3:1   For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2   If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3   How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4   Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5   Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Colossians 1:1   Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

1 Timothy 1:1   Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2 Timothy 1:1   Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Titus 1:1   Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 Peter 3:15   And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:16   As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

I knew a man that was once a devout Christian, who lost his faith over the writings of Paul.  I cannot comprehend this, but have heard here and there, not much, but heard that Paul's writings should not be included in the epistles.

From all these scriptures I have put together, there seems to be conflicting evidence of their views.  Not only did Paul write most of the New Testament, but the scriptures show it wasn't up to man (even the apostles), to choose who would take Judas place to bear Christ's name.  When they prayed to God about choosing between Joseph and Matthias, it clearly appears that God did not answer them, for they cast lots.  They were yet to learn that the traditions of man are not the traditions of God.

Paul's main part in all this was to preach to the gentiles.  Is he not preaching to us still today every time we open the holy new testament?

So whoever was chosen as an apostle was not by the will of men, but the will of God - and it is clear that Paul was chosen as the 12th apostle when Christ spoke to him on the road to Damascus.  Paul's baptism after this was only a precursor to the real baptism Paul would receive from Christ.  

Ephesians 3:3   How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4   Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5   Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

The whole mystery of God was given only to the holy apostles and prophets by the spirit.  Their testimonies and instructions can be relied upon with 100% accuracy.  They are ordained of God and chosen vessels, and can be trusted.  They were chosen of God to teach us through the holy spirit.

I think this is fascinating that God chose Paul, who persecuted the church thinking he was doing the right thing, to conform him and lead the gentiles on to the path of repentance and salvation.  His testimony is the greatest out of all the apostles in my opinion, because it's that transformation that can happen in anyone once our eyes are opened.

Paul was truly indeed the 12th apostle, as the scriptures state over and over again.

When a brother in Christ showed me this a few years ago, I argued tooth and nail because of Acts 1 and Matthias.  I thought he was going crazy, but when I actually took some quiet time to go through all the scriptures, the ones I gave you, my eyes were opened!

It's not going to make a huge difference to us, but knowing this, can maybe stop a few from going on to the anti-Paul campaign, and the scriptures you can give anyone that has doubts.  It also clarifies who the 12th apostle is - not just some ordinary disciple (nothing wrong with that), but one of the elect out of the 12 who make up the foundation of Christ who are our teachers that Christ hand picked.