IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

YES

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Clues in scripture will verify that demons “enter” people, possess them. They can’t create a body for themselves, so they rely on humans that have a space vacancy for them.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 3/14/2023 at 9:50 AM, Dennis1209 said:

From Dennis, transported almost three years into the future, Dennis 2.0 😊

I think a literal interpretation of the first prophecy in the Bible, Genesis 3:15 is our first clue.

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The Hebrew word meaning “seed” is unmistakable and clear, as is who “thee” and the “woman” are.

In addition, if demons, unclean & evil spirits, and necromancy were around before Noah’s Flood, you would think it would have been mentioned at least once. Demons suddenly appear after the flood and plague humanity.

Their desires and actions indicate that they once had bodies and desire to occupy human flesh again and destroy what they cannot have again. They are wandering spirits in search of whom they made occupy and destroy.

Several biblical examples: Angels, fallen or loyal, can transform into flesh and appear human.

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

It is not stated or implied that demons can transform themselves.

Now, back to October 2, 2020, Dennis 1.0, from whence I came.

Is a unclean, evil spirit, demon different than a fallen angel?

Spirits are mentioned in Daniel, some ruled the kingdom of the world's in the old testament along side human kings of those kingdoms. They are referred to as a prince.

Michael was one of the chief princes, in which he was held back for a little while from another prince not on the loyalty side it seems.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Is a unclean, evil spirit, demon different than a fallen angel?

Yes and no.

It's like asking "Is a Private different from a General" or is a City Councilman different from the President"?

Different ranks and powers involved but the same basic substance in both of them.

They have to be dealt with differently.

(Reference to study,  Matthew 17: 19-29, Mark 9: 28-29, others as well)

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, other one said:

we are told to be nice and caring to strangers for they might be angels, so yes angels can look like humans and are among us....   demons on the other hand are the disembodied spirits of the dead Nephilim.   They roam around looking for bodies to exist in or possess... 

Americans typically admire those who are violent, liars, confidence artists and who live in positions of privilege and influence.  We teach our children to honor celebrities (regardless of their moral debauchery), sports figures and to some extent politicians (the very embodiment of corruption) as well as institutionalized murderers (Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines).

If peace makers are the sons of God, then whose sons are they who make war and honor it?

Americans admire the proud and the strong.

It isn't the earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt.

Should an angel appear on earth without the ability to reduce an entire army to ruin and death it would be the object of laughter and disdain.

I too have seen angels.  They are creatures deserving of our respect and attention.  (It's also rather odd that they aren't very friendly.  Therein lies the chief difference between the Holy Spirit, who is the embodiment of love closer than a brother, and angels who demonstrate no personal affection whatsoever.)

It should be noted that Genesis 6:3-4 suggests the intent of God to put a physical end to giants in the earth.

On the other hand, if it were up to mankind these creatures would be drafted into our professional football and basketball leagues.

The desires of the human heart are only evil continually.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
punctuation
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

On 12/22/2023 at 9:35 AM, choir loft said:

institutionalized murderers (Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines).

That's offensive to those of us who have honorably served our Country!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 12/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, choir loft said:

as well as institutionalized murderers (Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines).

I think that comment pretty much destroyed any hint of a good reputation for you in my personal view.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

Guest AFlameOfFire

Armies can be shown as to sent to destroy murderers

Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.

I served in the Army but I wouldn't take offense at the comment, because how many times do Armies serve as tools, or at the whims of the ultra rich or used by military industrial complex and are considered pawns, or  cannon fodder to the people who wield them? That can be true.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 12/23/2023 at 11:53 AM, other one said:

I think that comment pretty much destroyed any hint of a good reputation for you in my personal view.

Sorry if I ruined your image of me.  I'm a veteran, not a hero.

I served in the military service of the United States from 1968-1974, a period of six years.  During that time I was deployed overseas four times.

When I entered the service I was a naive kid.  I had a large America flag hung on my bedroom wall and I immersed myself in all manner of literature that honored American victory in WWII.   

During my service I personally witnessed inappropriate unjust illegal and murderous acts that were the antithesis of everything I believed my country represented.  I witnessed the deliberate massacre of innocent civilians and the destruction of a democratic nation for the purpose of enabling corporate power sympathetic to Washington, DC.  In other words we assisted in the destruction of a democratically elected government so as to replace it with a fascist dictator-state.

I received an honorable discharge for participating in dishonorable acts.

I have innocent blood on my hands.

There is nothing you could say or do that would make me feel more ashamed of my enlistment or more disgusted with my country than that which I enabled by my service to a flag that dishonors everyone who salutes it.

When I left military service I burned my uniforms.  I knew others who buried their uniforms as soon as they got off the plane at home.  Still others left their gear in the  airport men's room.  Those I served with KNOW the full extent of our SINS and WICKEDNESS, which we performed in uniform.

To this day I REFUSE to salute the flag, REFUSE to speak the Pledge of Allegiance and REFUSE to support the troops (most of whom innocently put on their uniforms without knowing the dishonorable intent of those who order them into battle).

I have pledged my allegiance to Jesus Christ.  If He is rightly owed 100% of it, then how much is left for the stars and stripes?  Nothing.

Scripture says I owe Caesar my taxes and my obedience to civil law.  That's it and that's all.  I owe nothing else to my government.  Bear in mind, sir, that our government owes nothing to us in return.  We and our ideals have been betrayed on every imaginable level.

If you are disappointed in me, I apologize.  

I did my duty to my country, for which I shall remain ashamed and guilty for the rest of my natural life.  Every veteran who participated in things of this nature will tell you the same thing.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Bad things happen in war, always has. Some think God's demands to Saul was similar to what you say you experienced. I think the world would be a different place today if Saul had obeyed

• Thumbs Up 1