IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

They could through possession... So by using there dark I guess you could call spirits, they could go into people aka possess them there for control them, and use there body, the humans body to walk among us.

• Interesting! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 3/5/2024 at 10:59 PM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

They could through possession... So by using there dark I guess you could call spirits, they could go into people aka possess them there for control them, and use there body, the humans body to walk among us.

According to the Bible, satan ALREADY possesses humans.

What is being suggested here is a sort of Hollywood boogey man psychological madness.

The gospels speak of occasional human possession by demons and unclean spirits, but that is not generally the case today.   Today people, including Church types, WILLINGLY submit themselves to demonic control of their bodies and minds.

That being said, some dogmatic types will insist that a Christian can't be possessed.  This argument flies in the face of DELIVERANCE MINISTRIES such as that of Derrick Prince and company.  In truth a lot of faux deliverance ministers trek back and forth across the land hosting church meetings during which those who come forward can be 'delivered' from various maladies, unclean spirits, demons and religious madness.

The real truth is that church in America is a sort of religious circus act in which emotional and pseudo-spiritual assemblies experience all manner of wild expression; demon possession, snake worship, magic cookies and faux wine to save themselves.  This even includes financial rescue from personal mismanagement (a practice not generally exercised by church elders).

The major cause for all this foolishness is an almost total LACK of understanding of Hebrew LAW.  The LAW has been rejected by virtually all churches. As a result we suffer TV evangelists who make all manner of claims from the ability to control demons to explanations of 911 and so on. No one really knows the mind of God because no one bothers to study the LAW.  Hence all manner of false doctrine is promulgated among those who claim to be faithful, but who actually are present to get a religious thrill.  

Can a person be possessed by the devil?  The Bible says yes.  Should we focus our hearts and minds upon this manifestation?  The Bible says no.   At issue is that nobody gives a damn what the Bible says.  We all want to be excited by cheap entertainment.  In the end, that's all it really is.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...   (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Edited by choir loft

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, everyone.

Two words that one should be aware of. 1) Satan, and 2) angels.

The word "saataan" (שָׂטָן) is a HEBREW word that means "enemy," and in particular, it is a "courtroom enemy." All names in the Bible mean something. This word was transliterated into Greek as "satanas" (σατανᾶς), adding the "-as" proper masculine noun ending.

So, when we read the following,

Mark 8:33 (KJV)

33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, 

"Get thee behind me,Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men!"

Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") was NOT calling "Kefa" ("Peter") the being with the NAME of "Satan!" He was calling him an "enemy," because his response was contrary to the will of God for Yeeshuwa`s near future!

The word "angel" is an ENGLISH transliteration of the GREEK word "aggelos" (ἄγγελος), and the word means "a messenger." (The gamma-gamma consonant blend is the "ng" sound in Greek.) It is a translation of the Hebrew word "mal'akh" (מַלְאַךְ), which also means "a messenger."

An interesting fact is that this Hebrew word is used three times in the book of Job (1:14; 4:18; and 33:23), and NONE of them are about Satan or any supernatural messenger! The first verse is about a "messenger" who comes to tell Job about the loss of his oxen and donkeys! The second probably more refers to the priesthood who could be braggadocious. And, the third is about a witness to the uprightness of a person, to turn away God's wrath against the person.

HaSatan (The Enemy) was there presenting his case to God against IyoV ("Job"), but he was NOT in "heaven." He was where the "sons of God," human beings, could go before God - the Altar of Sacrifice. That is where God has met with men in the past!

Many of the "messengers," both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament, were HUMAN messengers, although there were some who were supernatural messengers from God.

Some read too much into these "messengers," and we have let this view get WAY out of hand!

Even in Hebrews 13:2, consider seeing this passage as HUMAN messengers.

Hebrews 13:2 (KJV)

2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby somehave entertained angels unawares.

It's not something "spooky and mysterious"; this passage could refer to ANYONE whose identity is not known! These "angels" are simply "messengers," whether supernatural or HUMAN! Not only do we have the account of the "three men" coming to Avraham, but we also have the "great woman of Shunem" who had fed and boarded a prophet of God before she and her husband knew that he was a prophet of God! And, what is a "prophet" if not a "messenger of God" sent to give God's message to the children of Israel?

The same can be said for 1 Peter 1:10-12:

1  Peter 1:3-21 (KJV)

3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven (in the sky) for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation (rescue) ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls. 10 Of which salvation THE PROPHETS HAVE ENQUIRED AND SEARCHED DILIGENTLY, who prophesied of the grace [that should come] unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; WHICH THINGS THE ANGELS DESIRE TO LOOK INTO. 13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written,

"Be ye holy; for I am holy."

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear: 18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

And, this passage begs the understanding of two more words that need to be better known: "heaven" (ouranos, οὐρανός) means the "sky," from which the Messiah will return, and "salvation" (sooteeria, σωτηρία) means "rescue" or "deliverance" and speaks of that rescue of His people that will happen when the Messiah returns to earth!

Just some things to consider....

Edited by Retrobyter
to add color to a verse
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:23 PM, Retrobyter said:

Mark 8:33 (KJV)

33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, 

"Get thee behind me,Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men!"

Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") was NOT calling "Kefa" ("Peter") the being with the NAME of "Satan!" He was calling him an "enemy," because his response was contrary to the will of God for Yeeshuwa`s near future!

I disagree with your opinion about the line Mark 8:33.

Y'shuah's rebuke of Peter utilizes the Greek word Savourest, which also appears in Mt 4:10.  The meaning of this word refers to the set of the mind or the direction of thought.  In other words, its similar to Y'shuah's temptation in the desert. 

This is evidence that Peter's mind was running contrary to the purposes of Adonai.

The rebuke was a Jewish way of saying 'begone' or 'get out of my face.'

That's it and that's all.  It doesn't require a lengthy dogmatic church statement that imagines satan under every bed or inside every dark closet.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Edited by choir loft
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

When Jesus called Satan "Beelzebub," it was a play on words. Translated, it is "Lord of the (dung) Flies." The word sounded like the phrase, "Lord of Possession," indicating that Satan and his "flies" could possess other living beings, (even pigs), but not have their own form. The context of this passage was about being possessed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  01/01/1978

Interesting topic. I've seen this topic many times. 

So, in general, 90% of people who Christians call as "satanic" are basically people who troll Christians or do these "satanic rituals" either as a way to upset Christians or because they think they're "cool" rituals. 

For example, since i live in Massachusetts i have been to Salem which is basically the official "witch" town. 

All i saw in there was a whole town which has monetized the whole "witch" topic. 
There's nothing demonic or anything serious in there. It's a tourist town. 

-Hey young man, come here so i can read your hand for $100.
- Yeah, sure lady, go rip off another tourist. 

However, real demonic possessions and appearances do occur in our realm. 
I have personally never encountered them myself and i don't want to, but the priest at my church as well as other relatives have told me many cases. 
The most famous case which is televised is a series on History Channel called The Skinwalker Ranch is a a place littered with UFOs, entities and other paranormal activities. 

The crew of the show such as cameramen, had to leave the show because in some areas of the ranch they experienced horrific visions followed-up with horrific dreams, as well as their skin would appear as burned, by simply walking into a (what i think is) an unholy area. 

So, yeah, demons do interfere in our realm just like angels and God interferes according to our prayers and His will in many other miracles in history and today. 

Edited by Eli1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

22 minutes ago, Eli1 said:

Interesting topic. I've seen this topic many times. 

So, in general, 90% of people who Christians call as "satanic" are basically people who troll Christians or do these "satanic rituals" either as a way to upset Christians or because they think they're "cool" rituals. 

For example, since i live in Massachusetts i have been to Salem which is basically the official "witch" town. 

All i saw in there was a whole town which has monetized the whole "witch" topic. 
There's nothing demonic or anything serious in there. It's a tourist town. 

-Hey young man, come here so i can read your hand for $100.
- Yeah, sure lady, go rip off another tourist. 

However, real demonic possessions and appearances do occur in our realm. 
I have personally never encountered them myself and i don't want to, but the priest at my church as well as other relatives have told me many cases. 
The most famous case which is televised is a series on History Channel called The Skinwalker Ranch is a a place littered with UFOs, entities and other paranormal activities. 

The crew of the show such as cameramen, had to leave the show because in some areas of the ranch they experienced horrific visions followed-up with horrific dreams, as well as their skin would appear as burned, by simply walking into a (what i think is) an unholy area. 

So, yeah, demons do interfere in our realm just like angels and God interferes according to our prayers and His will in many other miracles in history and today. 

We had a witch in the Netherlands in the 90s. The whole country went to her to get healed. She held healings. Then she finally left and we went there a few years later and whoop guess who's back 20 meter from our church building. She once went to a priest because he said some not so nice things about her in the Newspaper lol and he said: hey let me just pray for you to kick out some demons. She stormed out of his house and hit her head, because he had lowered the entrance, so you had to bow to come in.

• Haha 2

On 4/3/2024 at 2:18 PM, RdJ said:

We had a witch in the Netherlands in the 90s. The whole country went to her to get healed. She held healings. Then she finally left and we went there a few years later and whoop guess who's back 20 meter from our church building. She once went to a priest because he said some not so nice things about her in the Newspaper lol and he said: hey let me just pray for you to kick out some demons. She stormed out of his house and hit her head, because he had lowered the entrance, so you had to bow to come in.

In the suburbs of Orlando, Florida.....the home of Disney, Universal Studios and all manner of cheesy entertainment....there is a community of spiritualists.

You can feel the eerie vibes from that place when you drive past the entrance at 65mph.

You can also drive over to the area between Leesburg and Gainsville to a zone called THE VILLAGES.  Google it.  It's a series of retirement developments that has the highest level of STDs in the nation (maybe the world too).  OH yea, Florida has got it all - including the largest collection of dead churches in America (outside Las Vegas, San Fran and LA).

All the good church types envy the situation because they wish they had something like it to $ell to the community.  They don't.   People in Orlando are more interested in sports tournaments and music concerts and milking MONEY from suckers who come here from all over the country ... to worry about OuiJa board worshippers, or whatever they are.

Nobody hereabouts pays the least bit of attention to churches and their particular form of cheesy entertainment.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  (Isaiah 6:9-10)

Edited by choir loft
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,587
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

The Villages, Florida,  where I once had a home, is a place of many kind people. It grows and grows because it provides an affordable life opportunity for  mostly retirees. There are many a Christian in this ever expanding community.

When I have gone into Orlando over the past years ,I have stopped in to see my old pastor/boss/employer, a fine Bible instructor and pastor teaching verse by verse word by word through the Bible.

On the west coast of Florida I have been led to two Christian schools, and three local,  no make that four local bodies of Christ  that  teach word by word verse by verse and live out the wonderful fulfillments of God that makes life a joy even in the harshest of times.

I have also been led to some very awesome local bodies of Christ Jesus at California and North Carolina, each by the lead of the Holy Spirit. God is awesome in His many blessings. There is so  much opportunity to be blessed within so many a congregation, praise God for it all!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

16 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The Villages, Florida,  where I once had a home, is a place of many kind people. It grows and grows because it provides an affordable life opportunity for  mostly retirees. There are many a Christian in this ever expanding community.

When I have gone into Orlando over the past years ,I have stopped in to see my old pastor/boss/employer, a fine Bible instructor and pastor teaching verse by verse word by word through the Bible.

On the west coast of Florida I have been led to two Christian schools, and three local,  no make that four local bodies of Christ  that  teach word by word verse by verse and live out the wonderful fulfillments of God that makes life a joy even in the harshest of times.

I have also been led to some very awesome local bodies of Christ Jesus at California and North Carolina, each by the lead of the Holy Spirit. God is awesome in His many blessings. There is so  much opportunity to be blessed within so many a congregation, praise God for it all!

Hi Brother

I've family in the Villages- it's a lovely place - I don't know about "Affordable " because I certainly could not afford to live there but it sure would be nice- lots of Christians,not lip service but true SERVICE,preaching &living for Jesus

As you know,I'm down in South Florida and there are many wonderful churches,Bible Believing,,teaching n preaching Born Again Believers in this town!

The Body of Christ can be found anywhere - Almighty God is EVERYWHERE and Available to everyone through Christ Jesus WHO is the Light of the WORLD-Halleluyah!

Like you I've been many many places and Holy Spirit has Always Lead me to Brothers & Sisters everywhere- without fail❤️❤️❤️

• Praise God! 1