Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,685
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

Ok and thanks! I have NOT studied Revelation but I was just thinking ahead if by God keeping the 7 plagues from His people, perhaps this might translate to Him keeping the “wrath” also from His people- I know there is a lot of discussion and disagreement re: the rapture, and when this might occur... if God is going to follow His ways as in the Exodus, this might be what could/would happen in the future... Thanks, Charlie 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,685
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Michael, will you look at Exodus 9:4 and later verses please... I believe God draws a distinction between who is affected... All v Egyptians.. thanks, Charlie 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,018
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Michael, will you look at Exodus 9:4 and later verses please... I believe God draws a distinction between who is affected... All v Egyptians.. thanks, Charlie 

CHAPTER 14. CONCERNING THE TEN PLAGUES WHICH CAME UPON THE EGYPTIANS.

1. BUT when the king despised the words of Moses, and had no regard at all to them, grievous plagues seized the Egyptians; every one of which I will describe, both because no such plagues did ever happen to any other nation as the Egyptians now felt, and because I would demonstrate that Moses did not fail in any one thing that he foretold them; and because it is for the good of mankind, that they may learn this caution - Not to do anything that may displease God, lest he be provoked to wrath, and avenge their iniquities upon them. For the Egyptian river ran with bloody water at the command of God, insomuch that it could not be drunk, and they had no other spring of water neither; for the water was not only of the color of blood, but it brought upon those that ventured to drink of it, great pains and bitter torment. Such was the river to the Egyptians; but it was sweet and fit for drinking to the Hebrews, and no way different from what it naturally used to be. As the king therefore knew not what to do in these surprising circumstances, and was in fear for the Egyptians, he gave the Hebrews leave to go away; but when the plague ceased, he changed his mind again, end would not suffer them to go.

Sourced from THE COMPLETE WORKS OF FLAVIUS JOSEPHUS

Hi Charlie744,

I'm somewhat of a fan of the Hebrew statesman, scholar, and historian Josephus. While the above quote is not as authoritative as the Bible it does bear some consideration. My point of contention is that the Bible does not specifically state either way whether the Israelites were affected by the water turning to blood, but Josephus has published an account that states they were not affected, so we should not just assume they were along with the Egyptians.

The same goes for the plagues of frogs, lice and locusts where the Bible does not state either way whether the Israelites suffered like the Egyptians or not. That leaves the 6 plagues of flies, livestock disease, boils, hail, darkness, and death of firstborn where it is stated that the Israelites were exempt.

There are numerous charts available on this topic but I find the data in some to be without basis. The Bible doesn't specifically state that each plague corresponded with an Egyptian devil-god or goddess but the case is made for those inclined to study it.  

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/21/2020 at 12:25 AM, Charlie744 said:

So, I would like your thoughts on why the first 3 plagues affected both the Jews and the Egyptians, while the last 7 affected only the Egyptians..... AND, as in SO MANY times in the OT, how will this SAME pattern be seen in the end times (Revelation).

When the Revelation will be fulfilled, everybody will suffer the impacts of the trumpets. Nonetheless, the Church will be spared of the vials of the judgment by rapture (see Rev 3:10).