• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Debp said:

Aimes told me she is a Worthy Minister.   I started as a Worthy Minister, and became a Worthy Watchman in August 2019.   Per George, we are not moderators.

Again here is my understanding. 

18 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm very familiar of the levels for authority on Worthy's site. Servant, Watchman, Chat Moderator, etc. All have their assigned duties. I fully recognize this and have made necessary notations concerning the status for each individual. As for particulars, that's a MYOB. = mind your own business kind of thing. If they care to share, that's another. I'm curious, but not that nosey. 

3 hours ago, Debp said:

I tried touching my shield to see if it said something, but it doesn't.

Whether on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, I still get this on you. 

18 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

It still says you are recognized as a moderator. 

Just a comment. I'm still having tremendous difficulties with the newly designed site, with lag, sign out problems, and the top bar is still black, no matter what browser I use. What seems to be the issue with the 1/4 of the blanked out space on the right side of potential use and are these situations expected to be remedied at a near future date?

P.S. added edit. The next post below is what I see on the top bar and incredibly difficult on my vision.

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Royal Member

11 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hi BeauJangles, I have been following your trials and tribulations and sending much prayer and sympathy your way. I must say right now you are a valuable asset to this site and I hope your ability to fellowship continues unabated as long as possible.

Thank you so very kindly, brother. Yes, my understanding is that when I return to what was once my home, now belonging to my sister, my landline, internet, and a satellite system of some kind will be installed activated when resume residency.

I'll totally have to familiarize myself with all new equipment that is probably going to need an unknown amount of setup time. It's not just a pick up the phone or push the power switches. My thermostat is very complicated and will need to be programed.

I'll manage somehow. Living alone isn't too bad. I had been for about four years. It will be okay. I do like some peace and privacy, but I've lost my auto and driving privileges were revoked. The seizure during my coma cancelled that out, but have had none since then. 

11 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Years ago I was a moderator on Wikianswers but as time passed I got fed up with the profane pranksters I had to block and vacated the site.

Same here for a number of years. It was really great in the beginning. It was an international chat site, but the main problem is that is was secualar for the majority. Very similar to IRC = Internet Relay Chat. Anyone could set up a room and a main theme for topics of discussions. 

We started out with a non-denom minister who had a vision so to speak, of reaching out to the lost, fellowshipping with the brethren, bible study time, prayers for the struggling, and basically the entire enchilada plate with a side of rice and refried beans. Sounded great. 

Then, the attacks from trolls, wiccans, satanists, atheists, islamics, and assorted mixed bag of nuts, were rampant. We booted about 50% of them if they got out of control, but attempted to minister, giving ample opportunity to receive Christ. We were more than fair.

But, interpersonal difficulties started amongst the sisters who were most of the moderators. Why so few males in leadership? I can't honestly say. For reasons evident, things may have been unbalanced from the beginning. The pastor also had issues none of us were aware. 

One by one, we all "un-hosted" ourselves (mods were 'hosts') and left this Christian chat room that had started out so well. It all seemed in the will of the Lord, but the devil hated the goings on in this chat site also. That was all too obvious. To this day, I look back in sadness.

Some other Christian rooms tried to establish ministries or just basic fellowship, but eventually they all failed. Why? I'm still in touch with a few of the sisters and none of us really know except this. Satan hates God! What the Lord tries to build up, the devil is out to destroy it. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, Debp said:

Aimes told me she is a Worthy Minister.   I started as a Worthy Minister, and became a Worthy Watchman in August 2019.   Per George, we are not moderators.

I tried touching my shield to see if it said something, but it doesn't.

When I put my cursor on your shield it lists you as a moderator. I think that's just simply how we appear on the new site build. We're the same as before, we're just out in the open now LOL

• Haha 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,358
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Aimes said:

When I put my cursor on your shield it lists you as a moderator. I think that's just simply how we appear on the new site build. We're the same as before, we're just out in the open now LOL

No more undercover work! :rofl:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm still having tremendous difficulties with the newly designed site, with lag, sign out problems, and the top bar is still black, no matter what browser I use.

Try each color theme to see which helps you to see better.   Some members like me have themes at both the upper left and the very bottom of the page.   Other members don't have the icons at the upper left.

Below the color choices you should see a small list of options like larger type in posts.   Make sure the blurry image option is disabled as that causes lag.   For me that option made scrolling nearly impossible....and type speed lagged.

Btw, although I can see the line with the icons clearly, I just checked the black bar and it is about impossible to view the wording there.... hadn't even realized there were words there till now!

Site still needs work for sure.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, Debp said:

Try each color theme to see which helps you to see better.   Some members like me have themes at both the upper left and the very bottom of the page.   Other members don't have the icons at the upper left.

Below the color choices you should see a small list of options like larger type in posts.   Make sure the blurry image option is disabled as that causes lag.   For me that option made scrolling nearly impossible....and type speed lagged.

Btw, although I can see the line with the icons clearly, I just checked the black bar and it is about impossible to view the wording there.... hadn't even realized there were words there till now!

Site still needs work for sure.

I don't mean to come off like a whiner, because it's understood that glitches happen when things get reconstructed or renovated. And I've tried all the limited wallpaper backgrounds and the only one I cared for and easy on the eyes was the oceanic waves. That one lags too much to be functional. Otherwise, it's a nice choice. To even go back to the general forums I have to painfully lift my wounded body up and strain to see where before not many days ago it was very clear So, these things will be fixed soon? I've hardly posted anything since the upgrade if that's what it is. I'm just waiting for everything to more be user friendly. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

54 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I've tried all the limited wallpaper backgrounds and the only one I cared for and easy on the eyes was the oceanic waves. That one lags too much to be functional

I had to choose purple after the sky blue ended up being too hard on my eyes (pale blue in back of posts.)    The color behind posts with purple is white so that helps.

Funny thing though, when I was just checking the color choices above, upper left....it reverted to the ocean image on it's own!   I rechecked purple and saved it again.   Site has a mind of its own.

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 4:02 PM, Debp said:

No more undercover work! :rofl:

That's right. Now I know who you all are officially. All this time and I never had a clue what was behind the lines. How about that?

780048706_untitled(32).png.74408cc140d24d6219754305d7122ca1.png

"Pay no attention to the man behind the screen!" ~ Wizard of Oz

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

That's right. Now I know who you all are officially. All this time and I never had a clue what was behind the lines. How about that?

780048706_untitled(32).png.74408cc140d24d6219754305d7122ca1.png

"Pay no attention to the man behind the screen!" ~ Wizard of Oz

And I never had a clue either as to the other Watchmen and Ministers!   I often wondered who they were and how many there were.   The secretiveness of this was on the level of the CIA or Interpol.  :rofl:

• Haha 1