• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Was just thinking about this lately and considering all the recent suicides not just all these vets suffering from PTSD but also due to this whole Covid-19 crisis and people being out of work and hopeless...and was just wondering if it were actually possible to know when your time was up and God was ready to "take" you, and He was giving you time to get ready for it?? Such as what God did with King Hezekiah in Isaiah 38:5 by adding 15 years to his life and actually letting him know this. So then what if God has done the same for you unawares, and that "grace period" is finally up, but couldn't God give you some kind of "confirmation" or does your life simply end suddenly without any warning, regardless? I personally am not sick or anything, but just feel like there is nothing left for me to do as far as being profitable to God, and my life is basically useless at this point, and even the "powers that be" are against me and God Himself seems to be trying to tell me my time is up and there is nothing more that i can do to help anyone else, which is really all i have ever wanted to do. And i do at times feel like i have much more to offer but also know that many others like myself have been taken much sooner than they or anyone would have expected, but i am over 50 years old now so that is another thing. Because they say only the "good" die young, and once you are past a certain age then you were basically destined to live a long life, but i really think all that is just a myth or something, and can't be supported Biblically at least. Anyway, was just curious if anyone else were also struggling with these same feelings recently, because if so then we really need to be praying HARD for each other especially if we were meant to "endure to the end"(Mark-13:13) even though i know 13 is a bad luck number(LOL)....and i am all about Biblical numerology, but sometimes that even seems to work against me, and some scriptures almost confirm to me at times what i am fearing, that basically am at a point to where i feel like my life is at an end, period. So needless to say, i likely need some SERIOUS prayer if my own feelings about this are wrong, and sorry to make this so long and melodramatic but just wanting to make sure my "intuitions" are not just my paranioa getting the best of me...???

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,136
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

There is no ambiguity or vagueness in the Lord. There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. (Proverbs 14:12)

Speak to the Lord and request His judgment, @CaptWalker. Wait upon Him and listen for His voice, confident that He will answer you. Remember that there is only One who is good: was He not delivered into the hands of His enemies?

He was despised and forsaken of men,
A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief;
And like one from whom men hide their face
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.
But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.
All of us like sheep have gone astray,
Each of us has turned to his own way;
But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all
To fall on Him.

He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He did not open His mouth;
Like a lamb that is led to slaughter,
And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers,
So He did not open His mouth.
By oppression and judgment He was taken away;
And as for His generation, who considered
That He was cut off out of the land of the living
For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due?
His grave was assigned with wicked men,
Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.

(Isaiah 53:3-9 NASB)

There is only one power and one authority. I was sorely oppressed and terribly afflicted, weeping when my eyes opened to another day, longing for death so that my suffering would end. I was mocked by those who despised me, called worthless and unfit for life by the same, like the mother who bore me into this world proclaimed long ago. My dreams were nightmares and these became my waking life.

You are called upon to walk in the fire of God; the flesh burns to ashes like dross in the furnace. Cast aside your intuition and fear: offer these as a sacrifice to Christ and wait only upon Him. No one will hear the Lord for you. The enemy surrounds you like dogs hungering for your flesh and blood and the ways of men are powerless to deliver you from your fear. Look toward heaven and call upon the name of the Lord who knew of you before you were formed in the womb. Are you not the the work of His hand, set aside for His purpose before the foundation of the world?

Don't be dismayed because you're afraid. I was afraid, too.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

19 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Was just thinking about this lately and considering all the recent suicides not just all these vets suffering from PTSD but also due to this whole Covid-19 crisis and people being out of work and hopeless...and was just wondering if it were actually possible to know when your time was up and God was ready to "take" you, and He was giving you time to get ready for it?? Such as what God did with King Hezekiah in Isaiah 38:5 by adding 15 years to his life and actually letting him know this. So then what if God has done the same for you unawares, and that "grace period" is finally up, but couldn't God give you some kind of "confirmation" or does your life simply end suddenly without any warning, regardless? I personally am not sick or anything, but just feel like there is nothing left for me to do as far as being profitable to God, and my life is basically useless at this point, and even the "powers that be" are against me and God Himself seems to be trying to tell me my time is up and there is nothing more that i can do to help anyone else, which is really all i have ever wanted to do. And i do at times feel like i have much more to offer but also know that many others like myself have been taken much sooner than they or anyone would have expected, but i am over 50 years old now so that is another thing. Because they say only the "good" die young, and once you are past a certain age then you were basically destined to live a long life, but i really think all that is just a myth or something, and can't be supported Biblically at least. Anyway, was just curious if anyone else were also struggling with these same feelings recently, because if so then we really need to be praying HARD for each other especially if we were meant to "endure to the end"(Mark-13:13) even though i know 13 is a bad luck number(LOL)....and i am all about Biblical numerology, but sometimes that even seems to work against me, and some scriptures almost confirm to me at times what i sam fearing, that basically am at a point to where i feel like my life is at an end, period. So needless to say, i likely need some SERIOUS prayer if my own feelings about this are wrong, and sorry to make this so long and melodramatic but just wanting to make sure my "intuitions" are not just my paranioa getting the best of me...???

How can one Christ died and rose for every be useless? 

The sheer knowledge of God and the scriptures you demonstrate in your post shows you have vital ministry yet to do--mentoring younger believers.

Do not be depressed/aimless, check yourself into a Bible church and life life alongside believers. Witness the gospel to the lost!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:26 AM, CaptWalker said:

Was just thinking about this lately and considering all the recent suicides not just all these vets suffering from PTSD but also due to this whole Covid-19 crisis and people being out of work and hopeless...and was just wondering if it were actually possible to know when your time was up and God was ready to "take" you, and He was giving you time to get ready for it?? Such as what God did with King Hezekiah in Isaiah 38:5 by adding 15 years to his life and actually letting him know this. So then what if God has done the same for you unawares, and that "grace period" is finally up, but couldn't God give you some kind of "confirmation" or does your life simply end suddenly without any warning, regardless? I personally am not sick or anything, but just feel like there is nothing left for me to do as far as being profitable to God, and my life is basically useless at this point, and even the "powers that be" are against me and God Himself seems to be trying to tell me my time is up and there is nothing more that i can do to help anyone else, which is really all i have ever wanted to do. And i do at times feel like i have much more to offer but also know that many others like myself have been taken much sooner than they or anyone would have expected, but i am over 50 years old now so that is another thing. Because they say only the "good" die young, and once you are past a certain age then you were basically destined to live a long life, but i really think all that is just a myth or something, and can't be supported Biblically at least. Anyway, was just curious if anyone else were also struggling with these same feelings recently, because if so then we really need to be praying HARD for each other especially if we were meant to "endure to the end"(Mark-13:13) even though i know 13 is a bad luck number(LOL)....and i am all about Biblical numerology, but sometimes that even seems to work against me, and some scriptures almost confirm to me at times what i am fearing, that basically am at a point to where i feel like my life is at an end, period. So needless to say, i likely need some SERIOUS prayer if my own feelings about this are wrong, and sorry to make this so long and melodramatic but just wanting to make sure my "intuitions" are not just my paranioa getting the best of me...???

It should not be a surprise that people who are confident in the LORD Jesus and His promises would like to leave this earth and be with Him today....

I know i do and have on occasions asked Him to get me out of here..  But we exist for Gods purpose not our own purpose.. God is keeping me alive so therefore God has a good reason for keeping me alive.. I am like you over 50 and i also suffer from feeling low because it seems that nobody is accepting the Gospel of Jesus these days.. I feel like i banging my head against brick walls..  And yes like you my motivation in life, my desire is to play a part in someone coming to believe Jesus and thus be saved..  It really gets me down when time after time after time people turn away and reject the wonderful gift that Jesus is lovingly offering them.. 

But here is where faith /trusting in the LORD must kick in.. God is keeping us alive.. So there must be someone in our future that we are destined to help or God has another purpose for us.. Maybe to bare witness to the events of the end times?  God knows.. So as long as we are given life we should just continue trusting the LORDs wisdom and doing our best to live for Him and keep on trying to love others in any way we can..

Well i agree that as long as we are healthy and not dying or anything, then God likely does still have a specific purpose for us still being around. And even if you find yourself destitute and/or homeless, you can still find ways to help others, and maybe even moreso than those of us who never come in contact with those kind of people. Which is really what i have always felt a "calling" to be involved in, but it's just something i don't feel i can do by myself, nor were we meant to do that kind of work all alone. Since even Christ sent out the 72 in pairs, so i feel that unless you can find at least one other person to do the work of God alongside, then maybe it's not yet time to step out and do it. But then again, sometimes that is the only way you will find others doing the same thing...? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

When somebody asks about suicide, I usually ask if I can have their parking space at work, or their car, or their lawnmower...

their response usually  tells how serious they are about it.

The next thing is to point out an eternal solution to a temporal problem might not be the answer.

But when the pain becomes too much to bear...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

Sometimes simply being alive is being used by God. Our physical presence enables Him to carry out HIS work, even when we appear to be doing nothing for others or ourselves. We may never know what uses God made of us while we thought we were useless.

Our time on earth is ended when He decrees. We gave ourselves freely for Him to use. Stopping is not our decision to make.

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

On 10/8/2020 at 6:26 AM, CaptWalker said:

We need to think how worthy is our salvation in this desperate situation while many other r in the same situation yet hv no faith in Jesus n they dont know where they go if they die in this bad situation !

Dont say u r not worthy you can pray for unbelievers from home.

Edited by R. Hartono

Thanks for the encouragement...and hopefully i will feel more motivated to pray for unbelievers, since they really need it much more than we do, and i also don't seem to be doing too good a job praying for myself...

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

I am not really sure why anyone would hang on so tightly to this life, when eternity awaits.  I have been pounding this rock of 6 decades  and I have had my share of happiness and tears.  I am here to live and accomplish what God wants of me, but when its time to go home, I am not even going to bother packing ;)   I guess that's just part of growing older