TonyT316

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I understand about Ephesians chapter 6, and also I understand about doing the story of King Saul in 1 Samuel 15 and why God prefers obedience to sacrifice. I just want to do what God wants me to do regarding everything in my life including spiritual warfare and I know that I cannot do it alone and I need to get involved with other fellow believers around me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Tony! Praise the Lord that your desire is obedience to God! I pray continually for a heart that is eager to obey the Lord, and He continues to transform my heart and desires to be more like His. 

Spiritual life is as real to me as physical life. I've found that the closer I am to God the more creative the enemy gets with attacking me. The war is real, but thank God, the God of angel armies, we do not have to fight alone. AND, we know who wins in the end! 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

On 10/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, TonyT316 said:

I understand about Ephesians chapter 6, and also I understand about doing the story of King Saul in 1 Samuel 15 and why God prefers obedience to sacrifice. I just want to do what God wants me to do regarding everything in my life including spiritual warfare and I know that I cannot do it alone and I need to get involved with other fellow believers around me. 

I'll share a portion of my testimony in the hope that you'll be edified and strengthened thereby, @TonyT316. Before I begin, remember these things.

Christ Jesus suffered, delivering Himself into the hands of enemies to be slain. All but one of the twelve apostles were delivered into the hands of enemies as foretold by the Lord Himself:

And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. (Luke 21:11-16)

Dispense with the notion common to the religion of men that the Lord desires us to lead lives of comfort and safety in this world; that God will never require that life which He gave to us; and finally, the mistaken belief that the Son of God will never burden us with more than we can handle. If any of these were remotely true then this world wouldn't be drunk with the blood of the saints. If these were valid then what need would we have for God Himself to dwell with us, strengthening us to face the impossible?

As Jesus Christ spoke these words to the disciples understand they also apply to us in the present age: "Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist." One does spiritual warfare by waiting upon the Lord of Hosts, the Captain of the army in which we serve. We wait only upon Him, refraining from anticipating His command ("not to meditate before what ye shall answer") just as the soldier serving under the banner men does. Never anticipate the command; wait until the command is issued. 

As my testimony bears witness, the ignorance of my conduct assured that I wouldn't anticipate the hand of the Son of God. This is His work, not my own.  

I walked in ignorance when our Father in heaven sent me to a desolate wilderness to lay down my life for the sake of a stranger. I did not grasp the nature nor substance of my election in the Lord nor whom it was I faced: my enemies were not the depraved criminals who sought to deprive the stranger of her life but a principality, a mighty power of darkness and spiritual wickedness. I didn't realize that accounting myself a dead man, valuing this stranger's life above my own, was the means by which the Lord of Armies would accomplish His will... for He did a marvelous thing in that wilderness where evil lies.  

Yes, I was sent into the heart of enemy territory a short distance from the throne of that prince of wickedness. I hadn't a clue that I was close to the geopolitical center of the state where this wilderness is found, Tony. The truth of things weren't revealed until the Lord delivered me from the horrible power of the devil's angel, one of those stars of heaven whom our accuser gathered to himself and cast down to the earth. 

It pleased the Lord that I suffered greatly under the wicked one's power, dying slowly over the course of two years. Everything I possessed was taken from me: the strength of my body evaporated, replaced by weakness; the sensations of hunger and thirst fled; sleep was impossible for days on end; I was tormented day and night by visions of the stranger's death by the hand of those who vowed to take her life; I wept when my eyes opened to yet another day of misery. My body was afflicted by infections and wounds which wouldn't heal... if I accidentally cut myself the wound would remain open, becoming inflamed and exceedingly painful. My blood pressure was out of control and I fought against crippling waves of nausea and light-headedness whenever I stood upright and attempted to walk. 

When my life was at an end and I could bear it no longer, the Spirit of God descended in the shadow of death where I found myself in the brightness of His glory. Jesus Christ revealed Himself in that moment, making me His witness and delivering me from Satan's power by the words of His mouth. The Lord reversed the curse of the principality who hated me, promising that I would never taste death but would live abundantly instead. Over the next two years the Lord fulfilled His every word, restoring what I lost in a measure which exceeded what I possessed before. When my trial came to an end, the Son of God poured His Spirit upon me in fulfillment of His promise that I will dwell with Him forever. 

In time the Spirit revealed the truth of all that had befallen me, Tony. Christ bid me to read the book of Job so I might grasp the nature of what we face in this world: Job was delivered into Satan's power and he was a righteous man, blameless in the sight of God! Was I like Job, blameless before the Lord? Of course not, but like Job, I was delivered into the hand of the enemy so that the hand of the Lord of Armies might be revealed to the dismay of the wicked. 

Don't worry about what it is you must do, brother. Wait upon the Lord and listen for His voice for in the hour of battle, He will furnish the armor you will wear and place a two-edged sword into your hand. Don't anticipate His command. :)  

Edited by Marathoner
typos
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 8 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/12/2020 at 11:31 AM, TonyT316 said:

I just want to do what God wants me to do regarding everything in my life

The only way to know this is praying to Jesus. Only He can reveal to you what is the alliance of the Creator with you (Ps 25:14). And always pore on the Holy Scripture day and night (Ps 1:1,2) so that you can be sure that it is Jesus that is speaking with you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/14/2001

Spiritual warfare requires that you keep your armor polished.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

Amen, @Daughters of Thunder :)

Ephesians 6:11-18

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 

S . . .

Edited by Selah7
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Yup---I think that what Paul is teaching us here is that we need to rest in and be confident in the reality that Jesus has won the war for us and that believing this and standing in that Truth--is the armor and shield.

Its that simple.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WARFARE 

2 CORINTHIANS 10:3  for thou we walk in the flesh we do not war after the flesh 

--10:10-- for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through  GOD  to the pulling down of strongholds 

--10:11-- casting down imaginations and every high thing ---that exalteth itself against the knowledge of  GOD--- and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of  CHRIST  

LUKE 19:27  but those mine enemies which would not that I should reign over them bring hither and slay them before me 

EPHESIANS 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit which is the word of  GOD

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and then shall that wicked be revealed whom  THE  LORD  shall consume with the spirit of his mouth 

HEBREWS 4:12  for the word of  GOD  is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart 

REVELATION 2:16  repent or else I will come unto thee quickly and will fight against them with the sword of  MY  mouth

REVELATION 19:20  and the beast was taken and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before  HIM  with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast and them that worshipped his image -- these both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone 

--19:21-- and the remnant were slain with the sword of  HIM  that sat upon the horse which sword proceeded out of  HIS  mouth and all the fowls were filled with their flesh 

ECCLESIASTES 9:18  wisdom is better than weapons of war but one sinner destroyeth much good

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 10/12/2020 at 9:38 PM, Always a Moon said:

Hi Tony! Praise the Lord that your desire is obedience to God! I pray continually for a heart that is eager to obey the Lord, and He continues to transform my heart and desires to be more like His. 

Spiritual life is as real to me as physical life. I've found that the closer I am to God the more creative the enemy gets with attacking me. The war is real, but thank God, the God of angel armies, we do not have to fight alone. AND, we know who wins in the end! 

This is so true he gets very creative.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

To answer the OP.  One soul at a time.