Getting back my love for God's Word

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi.... over the past two months i dont know what happened.... i was on fire for Gods word back in june...... and now its completely gone... and i mean completely ..... and i have no idea why.... help?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

Hi.... over the past two months i dont know what happened.... i was on fire for Gods word back in june...... and now its completely gone... and i mean completely ..... and i have no idea why.... help?

Hey @Tyler22

What happened in your life in June/July? Any significant events or moments you remember from that time?

Love & Shalom 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Life is a long path. We need to develop endurance. We can get into a lot of trouble, but when we follow Jesus, we avoid that trouble. Maybe that will help inspire you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Do you still attend church?

May I suggest that you start a routine of reading a passage from the bible together with a basic daily bible reading notes.

Or daily read a bible passage and you write in a book what you read, what struck you about that passage, why, and what you prayed about.

Either of these will get you back into reading and thinking about what the Bible says.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a Godly passion for the Word of God. Our God both hears and and answers prayer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/1/2020 at 5:36 AM, Tyler22 said:

Did you begin a the beginning?

2 Peter 1:20-21 (the Holy Spirit interprets the scriptures because he wrote them)

And we are to know this first.

Almost no one does.

When the Holy Spirit tutors you... WATCH OUT!

You will be amazed and blessed by everything he shows you

including all the answers like the Deity of Christ, how he is

the only begotten of the Father, who the antichrist is, when the

rapture will occur (Pre / Mid / Post trib) what the Great Tribulation is

for... the Trinity. Where the true division between New and Old Testaments

is... what 666 really is, who the temple builder is (not who you think)

etc. etc.

Begin by letting God tell his own story. Not man. Not yourself. Not the devil

through the traditions of man.

And you'll love the Bible so much most folks will not be able to stand to be around you!

Ha ha

I know of what I speak.

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/1/2020 at 5:36 AM, Tyler22 said:

There are a number of possibilities.  Here's one.   We are all different and what works best for each of us can be different.

I had one pastor whose devotional Bible reading time looked like this.  He'd wake up in the morning, make a cup of coffee, grab his "One Year Bible" (which has daily reading passages to cover the Bible in a year), read the day's passages, and then pray over them.  He's done that for decades and it's worked well for him.

I'm a person who goes through seasons in life where I can throw myself into something for awhile and then need to do something else.  There was one period of three months where I read the Bible through once per month.  During the 4th month, I just crashed and burned and just couldn't read much anymore.  I spent months trying to get back into that once a month routine and couldn't.  What I failed to see is that I had gotten a lot out of that three months, but then I needed to find something different that worked and helped me grow in other areas.  I now realize I go through seasons where I can throw myself into something and get a lot out of it for a time.  Then I hit a point where I simply don't get as much out of it and need to do something else.   Sometimes my Bible reading has looked like reading extensive sections to go through the entire Bible.  Sometimes it has been spending a month or more reading and intensely studying a single book.   At one time, it was reading the Bible through in Greek.  Now, it's spending a lot of time on a few particular passages slowly learning Hebrew.

Sometimes people burn out and find Bible reading (and other things like prayer) hard to do because they haven't figured out what works best for them.  

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/1/2020 at 8:36 AM, Tyler22 said:

The first thing is to try do find out the reason for which you lose you affection for Jesus' word.