Google or God? Searching for Wisdom

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

What is all knowing, present everywhere, and all powerful? You could be forgiven if you said: “Google”. The statistics speak for themselves. The Internet has endless knowledge, but how do we search for wisdom?

https://raptureandendtimes.com/2020/10/31/google-or-god-searching-for-wisdom/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Having knowledge is knowing a series of facts.  Having understanding is knowing how various facts fit together into patterns.  Having wisdom is knowing how best to apply understanding to life. 

Knowing particular Bible verses or biblical facts is having knowledge.  Knowing theology, doctrine, and how various verses fit together is having understanding.  Having half a clue to know when and how to give effective godly advice  based on what knowledge and understanding and life experience we might have is the start to having wisdom.   Knowledge and understanding are tools for wisdom to use.  It's easy to spout knowledge and understanding (i.e. toss out Bible verses and theology) to claim authority to Truth and then blame the person we are enlightening when little comes from our efforts.  It's much more difficult to give godly counsel in an anointed manner that consistently results in positive changes in people.

Wisdom is not just something we can find or quickly learn from others.  It's something we have to practice ourselves over a lifetime to get better at it.  It's common sense (in both the physical and spiritual worlds) that grows over time from our own life experiences as well as what we learn from others.  It's a skill that grows sharper with practice over years and decades.  It only comes from years of walking with God and in community with others with an open humble heart to consistently grow and learn.

If I had to give a single piece of advice for gaining wisdom, it would be this.  Read and listen to many many testimonies of what God has done in a wide wide range of different people's lives in many different situations and places and churches and denominations to learn from the many different ways God works in people.  At its core, wisdom is based on having an intimate familiarity with God Himself and how He works in people's lives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:33 AM, Rapture and End Times said:

What is all knowing, present everywhere, and all powerful? You could be forgiven if you said: “Google”. The statistics speak for themselves. The Internet has endless knowledge, but how do we search for wisdom?

Daniel 12:4 (KJV) But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. [emphasis added]

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but, I hear tell from reliable sources that; every book ever written, all past and present human knowledge, has and is being scanned and collected into a single data base, and with artificial intelligence. Sound implausible? They put together the entire globe on Google earth. 

I believe much more than anyone realizes is being recorded via; smart phone; Siri, Alexa, computer, debit/credit card, etc. The control of people and the global economy is not a pipe dream anymore; it's here!

Look at the ancient technology, watch the old videos of Sophia the Robot on Youtube. It's all aligning faster than anyone can keep up with...

eyes.gif.49a33a4f7eff9c2ba62fcb50809671f8.gif

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

We read on that web page that wisdom and revelation knowledge go beyond our minds and carnal reasoning. That's certainly true. In God's economy, human wisdom is lame compared to Christ's.

Our faith rests in the power of God, never human wisdom. For those He has called, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. In Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. So knowing Him is the beginning of wisdom.

I'm a DuckDuckGo man myself, and have always steered clear of Facebook (fined $5B last year).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Rapture and End Times said:

I think the best way to search for wisdom is to obey the Lord's commandments. When we do that, we experience what happens when we obey. I suspect there are many biblical scholars and theologians who don't bother to obey the Lord's commandments, and therefore don't understand their importance.