canuckamuck

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I decided to close my facebook when I became a Christian. Way too much hate there. I suppose it would be a good platform to post gospel for now but I assume that within ten years we will be silenced, or they will do their best to silence us. I think social media is has done more harm than good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

23 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Who is being muzzled?  This is how stories get started. I believe the OP is talking about a message forum.  As they did not say anything about Gov. showing up at their door to  silent them. But only that their post have been deleted off of a message forum.  

It was a general point of principle, applicable in many situations, but not referring specifically to the OP.

23 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well then you better take this up with Worthy. Tell them we should be free to post whatever we want on this site and to stop their man made restrictions. See how that goes. 

Why should I "tell them" what I do not believe?  We should not be free to post whatever we want.  We should be free to post whatever the Lord wants.  For example, if someone, deliberately and repeatedly, misrepresents what you post and/or twists what the Bible says, then you should be free to point that out and ask for the behaviour to stop.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Chicken coop2 said:

giphy (55).gif

I originally responded as follows, "True unity is in the Lord and in the truth, not in enforced conformity to a set of man-made restrictions.".  You gave me the "Huh?" emoji reaction and I can understand why you did that, since my post does not appear to have an obvious connection to your point.

I was very tired and should really have been asleep, when I posted, so my post was more intuitive than thought through.  Now that I'm awake, I can explain it.

There is drive towards "unity in diversity", in many countries (including the UK).  This drive is accompanied by an attempt to manipulate people's thinking and morality, in a way that produces a herd mentality.  This drive is far more pronounced among left-leaning groups and people.

There is relentless pressure, by governments and other groups, for equality of everything.  Demarcation lines are being eroded, then destroyed, then treated as immoral, often reversing biblical morality.  This pressure is not only to change behaviour, but to change the thinking and beliefs that lead to that behaviour.

As an example, we have been told, by the civil authorities and various pressure groups, that homosexual "marriage" is just as valid as God-given marriage (one man and one woman) - they don't call it "God-given", of course; but, now this has gone further, and those who espouse one man and one woman marriage only are being treated as immoral and are being criminalised for speaking up.

Those gullible Christians who support left-leaning groups, will find themselves on the same side as those who want Christians to stop preaching that sinners and those in false religions, need to repent and believe the gospel, otherwise they will go to hell.  Of course, the Christians won't agree with that aspect of the Left's drive, but it's part of the package...

Edited by David1701

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Why should I "tell them" what I do not believe?  We should not be free to post whatever we want.  We should be free to post whatever the Lord wants.  For example, if someone, deliberately and repeatedly, misrepresents what you post and/or twists what the Bible says, then you should be free to point that out and ask for the behaviour to stop.

You are free to post what you want. And a meeasge forum is free to remove any post they think violates their rules. Just like Worthy dose with me sometimes.

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

You are free to post what you want. And a meeasge forum is free to remove any post they think violates their rules. Just like Worthy dose with me sometimes.

I was talking about "should", not "is".

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know?  I have tired and tired to explain how Terms of Service rules work. And that having a post deleted is not a violation of your civil rights. But for some reason your not getting it. I will just accept that you just don't get it and leave it at that. 

Have a Good Day! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know how you all manage to get deleted from FB. My post on there goes through just fine. All the Bible verse I post. All the testimonies I post about how God has worked in my life. All my conservative friends  share their conservative view post with me. My church post their sermons every Sunday without issue. Many prayer request are posted as well.  

I was only deleted from a site once. It wasn't FB. I had a  pirate picture and added the head of someone on the site to it. The pirate was hugging a huge furry parrot. I had to give the guy a patch and hat for the finishing touches. This is something that had been done for fun on another site I frequented, so at the time I didn't think it would get me booted. Apparently they didn't think it was funny on that site. FYI a good reason not to post a profile pic. You can have a lot of fun with those :)

Ahoy Matees!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

16 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

My being Prince Chicken of The Principality of Chicken Land, I often use my real picture as my avatar. 

I promise not to use it in any way that might be seen as less than the right way to use it which is I guess, no way at all.

I might have been thinking about thinking about it with something else, but I have learned my lesson.  Some things are hard to pass up though. Some other people who were good at it have rubbed off on me a little.

The pirate pic was almost braggable, but since it's a sin to brag. I won't. I'm just "chicken" to do it round' here. One of the mods has already cut a few of my posts. 

If it comes to me feeling threatened with everything I say, I'll just go away...or start my own site. I have done that in the past. Takes a lot of time and energy to manage a site though and I'm not entirely sure I'm up for it. TBH I felt very welcome here so far. I respect the position of MOD. Some of them on other sites let it go to their heads though. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, DSmith_TheHistorian said:

False. Not when you are clearly choosing one political idea over another. Especially since Zuckerburg created FB to be a "free speech platform." But isn't censoring one idea and not the other a violation of your constitutional right to free speech?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The "RIGHT" to free speech is express above. Notice what it says:

"CONGRESS shall pass no law". So if congress passes a that says you are not allowed to express your opinion, then you are on the right page. Notice that it does not say that you have a right to say whatever you want, wherever you want, when ever you want. It is not about you getting to do anything, it is about the federal government not stopping you, but it poses no such limitations on non federal entities.

For examples, in my state, it is against the law to swear (as in cussing) in the presence of a woman or a child. You cannot yell "fire in a crowded theater. You are not allowed to make threats of violence, nor slander people. Try telling passenger on an airliner, that you have a bomb, and see how far your free speech gets you. You so not have a right to conspire to commit a crime. There are hundreds or thousands of examples we could come up with.

You do not have any right to say what you want here on Worthy forums, this is a private site, you have no right to be here, you are a guest and that privilege can be revoked. If there was any right, you surrendered it when you agreed to our Terms of Service when you signed up. For example, you are not free here, to blaspheme God!

In short, the constitution on this point is not about giving you carte blanche speech, it is about limiting what congress is allowed to do. Restating that, the 1st amendment is not so much about freedom, as it is about restricting, it restricts congress.

Personally, regarding things like FaceBook, I am not found of some of there selective policies, and some of the things YouTube has done to favor some content while virtually punishing others, but I am in favor of them being able to do as they choose with their content there, though I wished they were more honest and up front about it. I think this is a place, were the free market has a role. If people so not like how these organizations are selective and discriminating, then there is an opening in the market, for another company (or more) to fill the vacuum and create platforms that are friendlier to ideas the the others are not. One example, is https://parler.com/ 

• Thumbs Up 1