• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, Drafido said:

Ok.  Well, topping yourself isn't the answer, and I think you know that already.  We don't go to heaven that way.  God wouldn't be very happy with you if you did that, I venture to say.  

I suffer every single day and I have for 24 years.  I didn't ask for that.  It's my lot though.  Some people think that their own pain is very bad but there are always other people in this world suffering worse than we are.  Physical pain especially, is very hard to deal with.  I know that though I experience almost constant mental pain and suffering, someone out there is dying of cancer or disabled or going through a nightmare much worse than mine.  But this is all like when a person dies that is close to us - the pain doesn't ever go away but as time goes on we heal.  

You may be in a nightmare right now, but it won't always be like this.  Maybe in the future you will look back at this time you are going through and wonder how you could have been so down, because you are better.  I don't know, I am not you and I don't know what you are experiencing.  But let's just suppose the following scenario hypothetically: you are suffering right now and you feel like it is a nightmare - then you die and you go to hell.  Which of these is worse?  You wouldn't seriously say that hell was better, though that may be how you are feeling at the moment.  Don't buy into that though, it is an irrational sentiment.

I agree with you. Dealing with my own issues and son's issues it makes me grateful that everything, esp life, comes to an end and I only have to be strong for a little while. Not forever. That comforts me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 11/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, DocVader said:

The grief I would feel for the loss of my family has nothing to do with my love for Christ.   I would be overwhelmed by grief and that would send me over.   You can say "I would turn to Jesus" as much as you want, but until you have experienced great loss you don't know what you would do.

Totally agree. Im possibly in this situation eith my small boy. He's 1. Id be a basket case if anything happened.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:32 PM, Debp said:

Well, here the Section 8 isn't in a bad part of the city.   Maybe some of it is....but not in my area.    One guy got a really nice, brand new apartment, too.

But if your parents leave you their home, you wouldn't qualify for Section 8.   

How do you get on section 8? My son's health issues prevent me from working and my home environment is toxic and I need to move on.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,227
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

1 hour ago, Drafido said:

If you were happy, secure and certain of your future, would you want life to end?

Did you ever have such a bad headache from the front of your head going all the way to the back? , your sinus full of fluid ?  not being able to do much but lie in bed?

At the time of suffering  like this I am sure you are looking forward for this painful situation to end.

When you are outside on a beautiful sunny spring day, the bees are buzzing the birds are chirping, the treas  are green with a scent of spectacular wounder, and you were just handed a most delicious pie with ice cream to enjoy, don't you wish it could last forever?

I don't think anyone wants bad times to last forever, I think most people would be happy if most times things ran smoothly.

What you come to know in this world is that, there are always different seasons in life and you always will be faced with some kind of challenge one way or another.

Things never run 100% smoothly all the time.

But Gods Word promises us that He has given in us the ability to persist through and endure until the end.

Matthew 24:13…12Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold. 13But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

James 1:12 

Rejoicing in Trials
11For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its flower falls and its beauty is lost. So too, the rich man will fade away in the midst of his pursuits. 12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. 13When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone.

1 Corinthians 10:13“No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”

Jeremiah 29:11.“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”

Timothy 4:7-8 (KJV) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

------------------

The Word of God encourages us to never give up but instead to seek Him Always for guidance, healing, protection and care.

When we practice our faith, put it into good use/action we find that He does give us the ability to persist, endure and continue onwards up to when He decides to call us back home to Him

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,314
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 11/28/2020 at 9:56 AM, Figure of eighty said:

How do you get on section 8? My son's health issues prevent me from working and my home environment is toxic and I need to move on

You would have to apply and get on the list.   It's a government program.   You can check the internet and the government website on section 8 will come up to tell you how to apply.

I understand that some States have a short waiting list so you might get an apartment fast.

While waiting for a shuttle home from the market, I happened to talk to two different people that were either on section eight or were on the waiting list.   The guy already had an apartment (brand new), and paid only about $215 a month!   This is in high priced rents of Los Angeles so my mouth dropped open when he said his rent was only that much.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

pray for everyone you ever knew.
stop at your local chamber of commerce,  mine in Brighton, Michigan USA gave me two boxes of healthy snacks.

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/15/2020 at 2:38 AM, Leenaa said:

What living hell would make You quit and jump off a rooftop?

It will be even worst sister. Dont.

• Thumbs Up 1