• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

No? Guess what? Here you can't go into a commercial building without a mask. How close is that to 'no man might buy or sell except he has the mark"?

So if you don't wear the mask you cannot personally shop or go to work, can't go in the bank, the convenience store, restaurants.

Now this isn't the mark as it's not the number of his name and it's not worn on the arm or the forehead; but what an astonishing parallel!

a social security card/number comes closer to the mark than this..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

No? Guess what? Here you can't go into a commercial building without a mask. How close is that to 'no man might buy or sell except he has the mark"?

So if you don't wear the mask you cannot personally shop or go to work, can't go in the bank, the convenience store, restaurants.

Now this isn't the mark as it's not the number of his name and it's not worn on the arm or the forehead; but what an astonishing parallel!

So what? Once the pandemic passes, as it will in time, then we will no longer need to wear masks to go shopping.

How does the this even make sense for the original hearers of the Book of Revelation? They were warned of the mark - it had to be for them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

We who are born again by the will of God, sealed with the Holy Spirit, belong to Christ. We are His and no one can snatch us out of His hands. We are written in the book of life from before the world began. We cannot and will not receive any mark. We will be killed and join the martyrs. We belong to Christ and He cannot disown Himself. We are His property. If you are worried about the mark examine yourselves whether you are of the faith. The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord. Just thought I’d share and offer some perspective and edification. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. We are protected by the King of kings and Lord of lords forever and would be happy to die for Him who laid down His own life for us. His friends, brothers, sisters, children, family. Hope this has encouraged whoever took the time to read this. Amazing Grace! Thanks ?? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

12 hours ago, teddyv said:

So what? Once the pandemic passes, as it will in time, then we will no longer need to wear masks to go shopping.

How does the this even make sense for the original hearers of the Book of Revelation? They were warned of the mark - it had to be for them.

One thing we have to keep in mind is the nature of life. God is eternal and we are promised life eternal in Christ. All of the people that confessed Jesus is Lord and believed God raised Him from the dead will enjoy eternal life. It's not true the end of the age and the mark had to manifest for them to be translated into eternal life. The same is true for anyone else that has not witnessed the end of the age.

We know the end of the age has not occurred as the prophecies in Rev 19-22 have not been fulfilled. If we are going to conclude the Revelation had to be for the original hearers then what of the entire NT? Only for the original hearers as well?

I'm not saying the pandemic won't pass and the edicts won't be lifted. I'm saying we just got conditioned through a created crisis and media driven fearmongering that induced panic. And look how easy it was!

13 hours ago, other one said:

a social security card/number comes closer to the mark than this..

Not the point if it's closer to the mark or not. We are being restricted in everyday activities unless we have the mask. Tip lines have been set for people to report large gatherings and non compliance with the mask mandate, people are getting arrested for not wearing the mask. This is what is coming in an even more restrictive way during the end; can't but or sell unless a person wears the name or number of the beast, if a person won't worship the beast image they will be killed.

We are being conditioned to accept this reality through a manufactured crisis so when the real crisis hits there is less resistance. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

15 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Not the point if it's closer to the mark or not. We are being restricted in everyday activities unless we have the mask. Tip lines have been set for people to report large gatherings and non compliance with the mask mandate, people are getting arrested for not wearing the mask. This is what is coming in an even more restrictive way during the end; can't but or sell unless a person wears the name or number of the beast, if a person won't worship the beast image they will be killed.

We are being conditioned to accept this reality through a manufactured crisis so when the real crisis hits there is less resistance. 

You could say that about most anything. And it is not the same across the country in all places.  If the Governor of Oklahoma tried doing what the Governor of California is doing we would storm the capitol because he doesn't have the constitutional right to do so. I see where you are coming from, I just think you are carrying it too far

1 minute ago, other one said:

You could say that about most anything. And it is not the same across the country in all places.  If the Governor of Oklahoma tried doing what the Governor of California is doing we would storm the capitol because he doesn't have the constitutional right to do so. I see where you are coming from, I just think you are carrying it too far

See, I thought that would be the case in WY as well. Gov. Gordon has avoided a mask mandate statewide but the counties are insistent. According to the Constitution of the US and WY, the Congress gets to make laws and in WY the Congress has given the Health Department control over people and property in an epidemic, and by the signature of a single person on the county level. No one here is storming anything which I find odd for WY.

However interesting that all is it still looks like a telling development in the fundamental nature of the relationship between the people and the representative 'powers', especially over a non crisis.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Diaste said:

One thing we have to keep in mind is the nature of life. God is eternal and we are promised life eternal in Christ. All of the people that confessed Jesus is Lord and believed God raised Him from the dead will enjoy eternal life. It's not true the end of the age and the mark had to manifest for them to be translated into eternal life. The same is true for anyone else that has not witnessed the end of the age.

We know the end of the age has not occurred as the prophecies in Rev 19-22 have not been fulfilled. If we are going to conclude the Revelation had to be for the original hearers then what of the entire NT? Only for the original hearers as well?

I know that the events of Revelation have not been fully met yet. But it was written for those Christians or the early churches first and foremost. We can certainly glean truths out of those letters to the churches but have to be wary of applying well beyond their intention.

I'm not saying the pandemic won't pass and the edicts won't be lifted. I'm saying we just got conditioned through a created crisis and media driven fearmongering that induced panic. And look how easy it was!

I think I've seen more fearmongering by people on alternative news sites than in the mainstream media.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

See, I thought that would be the case in WY as well. Gov. Gordon has avoided a mask mandate statewide but the counties are insistent. According to the Constitution of the US and WY, the Congress gets to make laws and in WY the Congress has given the Health Department control over people and property in an epidemic, and by the signature of a single person on the county level. No one here is storming anything which I find odd for WY.

However interesting that all is it still looks like a telling development in the fundamental nature of the relationship between the people and the representative 'powers', especially over a non crisis.

cities can create ordnances here legally and that is where our mask mandate where I live comes from.  Our city council took it up and just renewed it until June 30, 2021.  Personally I don't have a problem with it because it is locally decided on.   I wear a mask a lot for allergy problems so it's not really a worry for me.  I do have friends with lung volume and/or diaphragm problems that have issues with masks and most everyone I know doesn't have a problem with them skipping out on the mandate.

10 hours ago, other one said:

cities can create ordnances here legally and that is where our mask mandate where I live comes from.  Our city council took it up and just renewed it until June 30, 2021.  Personally I don't have a problem with it because it is locally decided on.   I wear a mask a lot for allergy problems so it's not really a worry for me.  I do have friends with lung volume and/or diaphragm problems that have issues with masks and most everyone I know doesn't have a problem with them skipping out on the mandate.

I just read the order in WY. Minors are excepted as are people with both physical and mental heath and other issues. What's interesting is no documentation or explanation is required for a person to cite a health issue and forgo the mask.

I wonder why my boss didn't bring that up when he told me the only exception was when a person was alone in an office?