IGNORED

How well have I been able to forgive others?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Luke 23:24

Forgive them for they know not..

Ruby bridges was an African American schoolgirl who faced persecution while attending.. Each day as she entered her elementary school she was looked down upon because of her skin color. Ruby persevered because she

because of the color of her skin. As she entered the school she was

Facing prejudice because of her skin color also put her faith in god to the test because she was at odds. Ruby persevered and remained faithful while uttering the phrase... and walked into the elementary school.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Forgiving others gets easier and easier as we do it.

1 Jo 5:16a "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death..."

Above is a way to make your forgiveness active, by praying for a person who did wrong so that the Lord will give them life.  I'm not sure of all of the ramifications here, but for the Lord to give someone life because we asked it of him is amazing!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

It does get easier the more and the longer you do it. In a sense, to forgive others is almost a talent, some people are just naturally better at it. I'm not 1 of them, I've had to work at it. I found it helps if we remind ourselves God requires forgiveness of us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, blessings from above said:

Luke 23:24

Ruby bridges was an African American schoolgirl who faced persecution while attending.. Each day as she entered her elementary school she was looked down upon because of her skin color. Ruby persevered because she

because of the color of her skin. As she entered the school she was

Facing prejudice because of her skin color also put her faith in god to the test because she was at odds. Ruby persevered and remained faithful while uttering the phrase... and walked into the elementary school.

We can not forgive a person who has wronged us very easily. We ask God for help and to give us the ability to forgive. Forgiving a person sometimes does not happen overnight. It may take a long time. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,242
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

In our walk with Christ as the Holy Spirit convicts us of our own sins, He also will help us show us the way overcome them. If you have trouble in unforgiveness just ask Him to show you how to forgive, to bring you more understanding in your heart concerning the matter. Christ came to make us a New Creation in Him, if that is so,  not only does He forgive us but also He will help us to change our old nature into His new nature.Our relationship with our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus is a daily active one, where we learn for Him and His Word and are transformed through the process.

2 Corinthians 5:1717 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

When you ponder how you were forgiven from Christ Jesus,  and are so grateful for that, than you  can see also how we also must practice forgiveness towards others and show others His Grace working in us too.

Matthew 18:21-35

Christ Jesus sends the message clear to us to understand,  from the parable of the unforgiving servant, where a king forgives his servant, and the servant in turn is unable to have mercy on someone with a lesser debt. 21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.

31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:3Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Matthew 6 14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

forgiven sinner 1index.jpg

forgiven sinner 2index.jpg

forgiven sinner who could not forgive 3003-unforgiving-servant.jpg

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 12/1/2020 at 1:19 AM, blessings from above said:

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[c] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

is a prayer by Jesus, it is not a command or an act of forgiveness.

it is the example we should follow when we are unable to forgive because the offender is unrepentant.

as the parable quoted by royal member, there has to be repentance, for forgiveness.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

15 hours ago, JTC said:

I found it helps if we remind ourselves God requires forgiveness of us.

This has been a help for me, too. But another thing to keep in mind is that it pleases God when we forgive others. That's worthwhile in and of itself. It's often a gradual process, and even if we aren't at a point where we can let go of our feelings we can always act against those feelings and pray for them, or otherwise show kindness.