Frits

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure I can add anything of value here but could the Garden within Eden outside of the earth symbolize the 3 parts of the sanctuary? 

Also, and I am literally thinking out loud here, but was Adam expected to do ANY work while in the Garden (symbolizing no WORK, but just believe in God and obey HIM?  After they sinned and forced out of Eden, we (mankind) would now have to work for his food and shelter...... however, this would soon become man's primary concern and would even consider this WORK as a way to please God?

Just a thought, Charlie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

35 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Not sure I can add anything of value here but could the Garden within Eden outside of the earth symbolize the 3 parts of the sanctuary? 

Also, and I am literally thinking out loud here, but was Adam expected to do ANY work while in the Garden (symbolizing no WORK, but just believe in God and obey HIM?  After they sinned and forced out of Eden, we (mankind) would now have to work for his food and shelter...... however, this would soon become man's primary concern and would even consider this WORK as a way to please God?

Just a thought, Charlie

Some good question indeed, some of what you mentioned can be known, from this verse Adam did have duty’s per say in the garden. Might have been pruning, weeding, things to keep a garden.

Gen 2:15

Then the LORD God took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it.

as far as not on earth, the flaming sword placed probably leans toward keeping man out on earth.

as to why it was, IMO since God made clothing for them, probably the environment was far less drastic. hence no need for clothing.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Amen! God does not make bad stuff. 

I will suggest any answer not couched in the first command ever given is likely to be incorrect. I will further suggest Eden is in direct response to desolation/wilderness covering the earth in the beginning and God's purpose for humanity in having the command commanded. After having creating an earth teeming with life (plant and animal) He gave a single command: 

Genesis 1:26-30
"Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'  God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.  God blessed them; and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'  Then God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;  and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food;' and it was so."

The garden and the second command came after that

If flora and fauna already teemed the earth then why plant a "garden"? Why plant a garden that has a tree in its middle from which its fruit cannot be eaten? Why not put the other important tree, the one more important, the one more necessary, the one inevitable tree in the middle? The answers to the latter in former the former. 

I'd start answering the question, "Why did God think it necessary to plant a garden in which to place Adam (and Eve)? with the fact the job for which Adam and Eve (A&E) were created and tasked was to subdue the earth and rule it much like they had authority and rule over the garden and all things in it (including the serpent ;)). 

And multiply

I like the latter question quite interesting, the only thing i could say about that is by example today I have never been married or have a suitable partner and there’s about 7.5 billion peeps on earth, rather a person believes there was humans on earth before Adam this verse below can still apply.

gen 2:20

The man gave names to all the livestock, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

13 hours ago, Josheb said:

Amen! God does not make bad stuff. 

I will suggest any answer not couched in the first command ever given is likely to be incorrect. I will further suggest Eden is in direct response to desolation/wilderness covering the earth in the beginning and God's purpose for humanity in having the command commanded. After having creating an earth teeming with life (plant and animal) He gave a single command: 

Genesis 1:26-30
"Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'  God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.  God blessed them; and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.'  Then God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;  and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food;' and it was so."

The garden and the second command came after that

If flora and fauna already teemed the earth then why plant a "garden"? Why plant a garden that has a tree in its middle from which its fruit cannot be eaten? Why not put the other important tree, the one more important, the one more necessary, the one inevitable tree in the middle? The answers to the latter in former the former. 

I'd start answering the question, "Why did God think it necessary to plant a garden in which to place Adam (and Eve)? with the fact the job for which Adam and Eve (A&E) were created and tasked was to subdue the earth and rule it much like they had authority and rule over the garden and all things in it (including the serpent ;)). 

And multiply

Indeed, why a garden in Eden to put Adam in it?
I think to make man 'wise'.  (Gen.3:6)
The garden was THE place for God to turn Adam and Eve into spiritual people, after 'His likeness'. (Gen.1:26)

Something tells me you'll hold on to this answer and never loose it again.
No problem, you're welcome.

Guest clancy
46 minutes ago, Frits said:

Indeed, why a garden in Eden to put Adam in it?
I think to make man 'wise'.  (Gen.3:6)
The garden was THE place for God to turn Adam and Eve into spiritual people, after 'His likeness'. (Gen.1:26)

Something tells me you'll hold on to this answer and never loose it again.
No problem, you're welcome.

Turn into spiritual people?

Weren’t they already made in God’s image...?

So everything was perfect in harmony...they were right with God?....my words Frit.

Guest clancy
3 minutes ago, Josheb said:

If I may...

I think Paul's words in 1 Cor. 15 are important to understanding the conditions and purposes of the creation account. Paul says flesh and blood cannot inherit the koG. This is curious because Jesus ascends with a body of flesh and bone. This was much debated in the recent ops on the nature of the soul. Furthermore, Paul states we are sown perishable, or corruptible (not perished or corrupted). Does he mean sown in creation or sown in the grave? I think he means the former because we are corrupted and perished in the grave, not perishable and corruptible. However, in Eden we were good, as the op correctly notes, but we had the potential to become not-good; we were good but corruptible. And the Eve and and Adam ate the forbidden kiwi and through that disobedience of one man sin entered the world and corrupted all. Death has come to all because all will sin :(. Throw in the fact Jesus is the resurrection and he is the resurrect before he resurrected and he was foreknown as such and we see the death of the good and mortal creatures was an inevitability; just part of the plan. We were sown corruptible and mortal; we will be raised incorruptible and immortal. 

Now why the garden was needed is a matter of conjecture, but I find scripture tells us a little about that purpose. 

7 minutes ago, Josheb said:

If I may...

I think Paul's words in 1 Cor. 15 are important to understanding the conditions and purposes of the creation account. Paul says flesh and blood cannot inherit the koG. This is curious because Jesus ascends with a body of flesh and bone. This was much debated in the recent ops on the nature of the soul. Furthermore, Paul states we are sown perishable, or corruptible (not perished or corrupted). Does he mean sown in creation or sown in the grave? I think he means the former because we are corrupted and perished in the grave, not perishable and corruptible. However, in Eden we were good, as the op correctly notes, but we had the potential to become not-good; we were good but corruptible. And the Eve and and Adam ate the forbidden kiwi and through that disobedience of one man sin entered the world and corrupted all. Death has come to all because all will sin :(. Throw in the fact Jesus is the resurrection and he is the resurrect before he resurrected and he was foreknown as such and we see the death of the good and mortal creatures was an inevitability; just part of the plan. We were sown corruptible and mortal; we will be raised incorruptible and immortal. 

Now why the garden was needed is a matter of conjecture, but I find scripture tells us a little about that purpose. 

Before I answer this Joshed...I am going to study what is being said here...it may take some time for me to get back to you...it’s very interesting what you write ...

2 hours ago, clancy said:

Turn into spiritual people?

Weren’t they already made in God’s image...?

So everything was perfect in harmony...they were right with God?....my words Frit.

Clancy, it's great that you are here and that you think along with this theme.  You are most welcome.

God the Father has 2 types of sons:

1. The heavenly son.

Those are the angels including Lucifer, who later rebelled against the Most High and became the devil!
Angels move in the invisible world of spirits, the good on the good side in the Kingdom of God, the demons on the dark side, the kingdom of satan.
The great angels are called "sons of God." (Job 1:6)
From the heavenly sphere that envelops the earth, demons inspire the ignorant man, and these evil spirits constantly try to tempt man into sin.

On Earth, these two kingdoms collide, because the light of God's Word dispels the darkness!
This 'collision' can be described as the violent reaction of a lightning.  (see Lk.10:18)

To put it in a Biblical text: The Lord Jesus casts out the evil spirits, so that the sick and bound man may enjoy the healing and the freedom of God's Kingdom.  God is good, I can testify to that.

Mt.12:28 KJV But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

The man Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He has authority over the entire army of the devil.
At His return, every eye will see Him as the great King of the earth and of heaven.
Jesus Christ has come to us to destroy the works of the devil. (1Jh.3:8)
The Lord Jesus is God, who, like God the Father, sits next to Him on God's Throne.  (Heb.1:8)

2. The earthly son.

After the angels, God the Father formed an earthly son, Adam. (Gen.1:27)
Adam is also the son of God, as the genealogy indicates.  (Lk.3:38)
God gave Adam kingship over the earth, and Adam reigned on earth for a time.
But to answer the total image and likeness of God Himself, Adam would also have to establish his kingship in the heavens, and still do the will of his Father despite temptation and remain obedient to His Word.

After all, God is not just King of all the earth, He is also in all heavens! (Ps.24:2, Is.66:1)

And for this He has appointed man, to rule, just like Him, over all the works of His Hands, both the visible works as well as the invisible works.
In this the Lord Jesus is our great example, He is the great King and we are also kings in heaven.  (1Tim.6:15, Rev.1:5)

The Lord Jesus Christ was the first human who could be baptized with the Holy Ghost of God.
He was so good and so pure by birth that as he matured, God's Spirit could glorify Him!
The baptism with the Holy Ghost meant for the Lord Jesus the inauguration of His spiritual Kingship, whereby He exercised His authority in the spirit world!

This was the great salvation fact that the devil always wanted to prevent!

If the Lord Jesus is just a baby, the devil is already trying to get Him killed!
And in the temptations in the desert, satan makes an ultimate attempt to keep the Lord Jesus out of heaven: he offers Him all the kingdoms of the earth, if Jesus will worship him and leave him in heaven!

But the Lord Jesus only worships His holy Father God, hence the Kingship of this Son of God is for all eternity.  Hallelujah!

Frits

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Guest clancy
37 minutes ago, Frits said:

Clancy, it's great that you are here and that you think along with this theme.  You are most welcome.

God the Father has 2 types of sons:

1. The heavenly son.

Those are the angels including Lucifer, who later rebelled against the Most High and became the devil!
Angels move in the invisible world of spirits, the good on the good side in the Kingdom of God, the demons on the dark side, the kingdom of satan.
The great angels are called "sons of God." (Job 1:6)
From the heavenly sphere that envelops the earth, demons inspire the ignorant man, and these evil spirits constantly try to tempt man into sin.

On Earth, these two kingdoms collide, because the light of God's Word dispels the darkness!
This 'collision' can be described as the violent reaction of a lightning.  (see Lk.10:18)

To put it in a Biblical text: The Lord Jesus casts out the evil spirits, so that the sick and bound man may enjoy the healing and the freedom of God's Kingdom.  God is good, I can testify to that.

Mt.12:28 KJV But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

The man Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He has authority over the entire army of the devil.
At His return, every eye will see Him as the great King of the earth and of heaven.
Jesus Christ has come to us to destroy the works of the devil. (1Jh.3:8)
The Lord Jesus is God, who, like God the Father, sits next to Him on God's Throne.  (Heb.1:8)

2. The earthly son.

After the angels, God the Father formed an earthly son, Adam. (Gen.1:27)
Adam is also the son of God, as the genealogy indicates.  (Lk.3:38)
God gave Adam kingship over the earth, and Adam reigned on earth for a time.
But to answer the total image and likeness of God Himself, Adam would also have to establish his kingship in the heavens, and still do the will of his Father despite temptation and remain obedient to His Word.

After all, God is not just King of all the earth, He is also in all heavens! (Ps.24:2, Is.66:1)

And for this He has appointed man, to rule, just like Him, over all the works of His Hands, both the visible works as well as the invisible works.
In this the Lord Jesus is our great example, He is the great King and we are also kings in heaven.  (1Tim.6:15, Rev.1:5)

The Lord Jesus Christ was the first human who could be baptized with the Holy Ghost of God.
He was so good and so pure by birth that as he matured, God's Spirit could glorify Him!
The baptism with the Holy Ghost meant for the Lord Jesus the inauguration of His spiritual Kingship, whereby He exercised His authority in the spirit world!

This was the great salvation fact that the devil always wanted to prevent!

If the Lord Jesus is just a baby, the devil is already trying to get Him killed!
And in the temptations in the desert, satan makes an ultimate attempt to keep the Lord Jesus out of heaven: he offers Him all the kingdoms of the earth, if Jesus will worship him and leave him in heaven!

But the Lord Jesus only worships His holy Father God, hence the Kingship of this Son of God is for all eternity.  Hallelujah!

Frits

Thank you,Frits.....I will take my time reading through all of this,..digesting it all, word for for word, searching the word of God....I have a lot of studying to do.....I’m not rushing into answering your post....so, like Joshed post...I will get back to you...in time.

Also May I say to you both, I will deal with one question at a time .....I need to fully understand what is being said....thanks again.

Edited by clancy

43 minutes ago, Josheb said:

How many types of sons did He have in Eden?

What do you think?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Josheb said:

How many types of sons did He have in Eden?

The question was about the Heavenly Father not about the Creator of man.

None

The Creator gave life to Adam, but we need to be careful ...He gave life to Adam., from his life, what he had he gave him.

So Adam was the Creator's Son. And not the Heavenly Fsther's.

Edited by Your closest friendnt