• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

I find your theology strange. Everything changed at Pentecost because that is when the Holy Spirit came to be available to all believers at baptism. The information is out there, I explain no more.

Do you accept that things were different once Jesus had died, compared to before?

Why do you think I am from Holland??????? 

There are indeed some strange things being said.

At Babel God (YHWH) dispersed the nations as a punishment. He gave them over to 'lesser gods' which later formed the pantheons since they wanted to be worshipped. Psalm 82 depicts their later punishment: "you will die like men and fall as any prince".

But right after that dispersal, God chose Abraham and said He would raise up a supernatural seed from Him. He also said that He would bless the nations thru him. As we see in Pentecost, God was now about the regathering of the nations He had punished long ago. God plays the long game.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

the Father has not asked us to be baptized by John the Baptist. 

Ycf,

You're quite right again, brother, John the Baptist has been gone a long time.
The water is all we have left.

God bless

2 hours ago, leah777 said:

I find your theology strange. Everything changed at Pentecost because that is when the Holy Spirit came to be available to all believers at baptism. The information is out there, I explain no more.

Do you accept that things were different once Jesus had died, compared to before?

Why do you think I am from Holland??????? 

Leah,

I'm glad you said this, everything did change from Pentecost!  The Holy Spirit became available, just as the Tree of Life was available to Adam and Eve in the Garden.
But did they eat from it? NO.
(Gen.3:22)

Now we are still looking for people who will go to that Tree of Life Jesus Christ and eat consciously from Him.
You're saved, that's a fact.
But to grow into a Son of God, you must eat 'meat'.
(Jh.1:12 KJV)

1Co 3:2 KJV I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

(I came across your name in Holland, not important further.)

God bless.

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

There are indeed some strange things being said.

Hi bro,

Asking a correct question is a good way to get a correct answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,589
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 12/4/2020 at 5:42 AM, Frits said:

At the end of Genesis 1 God observes his creation and concludes:

'And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.' (vs 31a)

So everything God had made was very good, hallelujah! Although i wonder what you brothers and sisters think, why He in chapter 2:8 thought it was necessary to plant a garden for Adam to put in?

'And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.'
(Gen.2:8)

Thank you for thinking with me about these Bible verses.
Love, God bless you.

(Is this the right string for Gen.2:8? Please replace if not.)

Shalom, Frits.

For me, it's quite simple: God gave Adam something to do! That was Adam's first occupation - gardener. His responsibility in gan-`Eden was to "dress it and keep it."

Genesis 2:15 (KJV)

15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Of course, he lost that occupation when he was exiled from the garden, and he became a farmer:

Genesis 3:17-19 (KJV)

17 And unto Adam he said,

"Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

On 12/7/2020 at 10:13 PM, Charlie744 said:

Just thinking out loud... but man and all the creatures were completed by the 6th day... could the 7th day, where man spends time with God (only Holy Day) be symbolic of “The Garden”? 

This would be “The HolyPlace” where God and man spend their Holy time together? Also, might this Holy Place (Garden or center of Eden) be “The Place” where there were or are no other creatures present? Further, is it possible that Satan or this serpent had no right to ever be present in this “Garden” (opposed to Eden)? Did Satan disobey God be entering the “Garden” and that Eve had not realized he was not supposed to be in there (causing confusion and perhaps no reason to think this serpent was indeed evil)? Was this serpent Lucifer (before he corrupted Eve, or did he become Satan after he corrupted her)? 

Was this “Garden” the Sanctuary where only God and man were to spend time together- Holy Ground, and Satan was NOT a party to this Holy Place and had to get sin entered into this Holy Place somehow (through Adam or Eve) and thus create a situation where “this place” OR “these people / created in His Image” would corrupt it ... Satan knew God could not be present in an unholy place or with unholy creatures... 

Did Satan disobey God and enter “The Garden (not mentioned in Genesis BUT I believe we might be able to look to the Holy Sanctuary/Temple to see just who and when ANYONE can enter the Holy of Holies), to destroy this “special” relationship with God (certainly more superior than with Lucifer which he was jealous and could not accept) and now he (Satan) would have access to man to continue to corrupt his relationship with God (outside of the “Garden”)?

Just some quick thoughts... look forward to your responses and opinions, Charlie 

Shalom, Charlie744.

What is it with you guys always trying to see things symbolically? The thing has to first exist before something else can represent it! Just accept the fact that this was a LITERAL garden on the LITERAL earth. God placed Adam there LITERALLY, and gave him a job to do. Just accept the historical-grammatical interpretation of Scripture and ENJOY it! Don't always go looking for some allegory or some "deeper meaning!" It opens the door for fabrication and deception to enter.

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Frits.

For me, it's quite simple: God gave Adam something to do! That was Adam's first occupation - gardener. His responsibility in gan-`Eden was to "dress it and keep it."

Genesis 2:15 (KJV)

15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Of course, he lost that occupation when he was exiled from the garden, and he became a farmer:

Genesis 3:17-19 (KJV)

17 And unto Adam he said,

"Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

Hi Retrobyter,

That God in the Garden gave Adam gardening only "to have something to do", I don't find a strong argument.

After all, Adam did not need the Garden of Eden to work the ground, as there was much more ground outside the Garden.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

What is it with you guys always trying to see things symbolically? The thing has to first exist before something else can represent it!

Try to realize the meaning of your last sentence.
First God created the heavens, then the earth.  (Gen.1:1)

So beings and situations already existed in the heavens, which were subsequently expressed with the earth and the inhabitants as 'shadow' thereof.  (Hebrews 8:5)

1 hour ago, Frits said:

Try to realize the meaning of your last sentence.
First God created the heavens, then the earth.  (Gen.1:1)

So beings and situations already existed in the heavens, which were subsequently expressed with the earth and the inhabitants as 'shadow' thereof.  (Hebrews 8:5)

Shalom, Frits.

Try to realize the meaning of the words "heavens" and "earth" in Genesis 1:1, 1:8, and 1:10. It's not "the universe and the earth"; it's the "skies" and the "ground/land."

See, Genesis 1:1 is a SYNOPSIS of what is to follow! Hebrew literature will often give the big picture first and then go into the details. English literature is often based upon the timeline.

Genesis 1:1 uses the SAME WORDS (with the added definite article) as God used later to describe the things He made DURING Creation.

Here's the verses in Hebrew (transliterated):

B'reeshiyt 1:1

1 B'reeshiyt bara' Elohiym et haashaamayim v'et haa'aarets.

B'reeshiyt 1:8

8 Vayyiqraa' Elohiym laaraaqiya` "shaamaayim"; vayhiy ereV vayhiy boqer, yowm sheeniy.

B'reeshiyt 1:10

10 Vayyiqraa' Elohiym layyabbaashaah "'erets"; uwlmiqweeh hammayim qaaraa' "mayim"; vayyar' Elohiym kiy TowV.

You really don't need the translation to see that the words are the same;
only the "haa-" prefix (the definite article) has been added (which changes the vowels slightly). Remember: In Hebrew, only the CONSONANTS determine the word. Shaamayim is spelled "shin-mem-yod-mem" and "'erets" is spelled "alef-reish-tsadday."

And, yes, "heavens" existed ONE DAY earlier than did "earth."

Edited by Retrobyter

11 hours ago, Frits said:

Hi Retrobyter,

That God in the Garden gave Adam gardening only "to have something to do", I don't find a strong argument.

After all, Adam did not need the Garden of Eden to work the ground, as there was much more ground outside the Garden.

Shalom, Frits.

Perhaps it would change your point of view to know what these words "dress" and "keep" mean:

"To dress" was translated from...

5467 `aaVad (aw-bad')[sic, should be "(aw-vad')"]. A primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication, to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.
-- X be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, + husbandman, keep, labour(-ing man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve(-ing, self), (be, become) servant(-s), do (use) service, till(-er), transgress (from margin), (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper.

"To keep" was translated from...

8104 shaamar (shaw-mar'). A primitive root; properly, to hedge about (as with thorns), i.e. Guard; generally, to protect, attend to, etc.
-- beward, be circumspect, take heed (to self), keep(-er, self), mark, look narrowly, observe, preserve, regard, reserve, save (self), sure, (that lay) wait (for), watch(-man).

Look, a person, particularly a man, is often defined by his or her occupation. God knew that it was good for the man to be responsible and to provide for himself and for those (Chavah and any future children) to whom God placed in his care. GOD DIDN'T CREATE A LAZY BUM!

We, too, are not going to be bums in the New Jerusalem (which many mistake for "Heaven")! We're not going to laze around all day and just soak it all in! We, too, are going to have JOBS to do! We will be in God's SERVICE, and those of us who are ready to rule righteously will be given jobs in His hierarchy of ruling and reigning!

Now, back to Adam: while he was in the Garden with Chavah ("Eve"), they were eating FRUIT as well as herbs. It was his job to till the garden, turning up the moist soil for fresh air, fertilizing it, and generally making it look as nice as God originally created it! Sounds like he was also responsible for building a hedge around the Garden.

Have you ever watched "McLintock," the movie starring John Wayne? There's a VERY informative part in the movie where the young "sooner," Devlin, was trying to get a job with McLintock, and he resorted to "begging" for the job. One can read the script at "McLintock! Movie Script" here. It's a GREAT movie!

Devlin - Just one minute, Mr. McLintock. My father died last month. That's how come we lost our homestead. I've got a mother and a little sister to feed. I need that job badly.

McLintock - What's your name?

Devlin - Devlin Warren.

McLintock - You've got a job, son. See my home ranch foreman, he's over at the corral.

Devlin - Step down off of that carriage, mister. (Devlin takes a swing at McLintock.)

McLintock - (To Drago) Hold that hogleg! (To Devlin) I've been punched many a time in my life, but never for hiring anybody!

Devlin - I don't know what to say. I never begged before. Turned my stomach. I suppose I should have been grateful you gave me the job.

McLintock - "Gave?" Boy, you got it all wrong. I don't "give" jobs. I hire men.

Drago - You intend to give this man a full day's work, don't you, boy?

Devlin - You mean you're still hiring me, Mr. McLintock? Well, yes, sir. I mean, I'll certainly deliver a fair day's work.

McLintock - For that I'll pay you a fair day's wage. You won't "give" me anything, and I won't "give" you anything. We both hold up our heads.

THAT'S what a job does for a person! It gives him a sense of self-respect and accomplishment!