IGNORED

How do children born to Christian parents be born again?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, just_abc said:

A good foundation yes.  But the individual will still have to make the decision to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour in order to be saved.  It is the accepting of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour that makes a person a Christian..  regardless of what their family background is/was.  

Just some thoughts.  Thanks.

Anyone born to believers parents even to one believer parent according to the teachings of Paul and all the disciples and that of Jesus Christ is born unto God , unto Jesus Christ, is born unto the Life of Jesus Christ. 

As they grow older they are always in the position to continue in the standing before God in Jesus Christ or to follow another way. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A parent brings a child up with the Lord. The child becomes an adult and off on their own. The parent continues to pray for that child. God gives us free will so that child will either continue to be with God or 

As far as I can tell..  that child would still have to make their own decision to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.  Simply being brought up knowing about the Lord is not enough (if I am not mistaken).  The child still needs to accept Him.

(This is my understanding.  If I am mistaken I hope one of the mods or other fellow Christians would please point it out to me.  Thanks!) 

Edited by just_abc
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/31/2020 at 1:59 PM, missmuffet said:

All are born into sin. In order get to heaven you need to be born again. 

This is posted without a context.

First it is not said where or who said that in the scriptures to sort out to who it may apply. 

The Jews were saying that they are not in their sins because of the Atonement for sins under the Law of Moses. 

The Priest who stand before God in the Temple can say that because God accepts as Holy.

To be Holy it means without sins.

After having forgiveness of sins they are without sins.

The Jews were born to their Lord and God , (in the Old Testament, under the Law they were his people, a Holy Nation, before their Lord God, they were separated from therest of the people of the world because they were from the house of Jacob, from Isaac and Abraham, and they were eligible to participate in the Atonement in the Law of Moses year after year. 

In the Law of Moses they were born into the righteousness of Abraham, Abraham was their Father. 

They were alive to God because they were from Abraham and were in righteousness according to the Law. 

They were in  the Life of Abraham and not in their sins, they were in Atonement of the Law of Moses and they were the children of the Sina Covenant. 

The Lord God was their God while they lived and he did not stopped being their God after they died and while they were in the Bosom of Abraham. 

"Every first born Male that opens the womb is mine". 

That's what the Lord said in the old. 

He never said that were born in sin,  born to the World. 

but he said they were born to him in the righteousness of Abraham.  Who was their Patriarch. 

The Devil was not their Patriarch.  

In the New Covenant we are the seed of Jesus Christ we are in the Life of Jesus Christ, how can you say that we give births to the  children with death , or to the Devil?

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, Diaz said:

How does a person born into a Christian family be born again? Assume the person is a church goer from his/her young age and abides by Christian ways of life such as leading a sinless life, prayer, bible reading and so on. From what I understand from the bible, you need to be born again from the inside to be saved. But what kind of "change" does this person have to experience in being born again?

Being born to a Christian family, going to church, serving on church committees, and whatnot, is not the same as getting to know God personally. Remember the first and great commandment, that we are to love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls (Matthew 22:34-40).

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Being born to a Christian family, going to church, serving on church committees, and whatnot, is not the same as getting to know God personally. Remember the first and great commandment, that we are to love God with all our hearts, minds, and souls (Matthew 22:34-40).

Mathew 22:34-40 

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

*I am trying to figure out why the posting of the above event. 

Which took place during the rain of the Sinai Covenant.

A discussion among the Jews and Jesus Christ about the comandments under the Law of Moses.  

Jesus Christ did not tell them this is how someone is born from above, from the Spirit of God.  

If those people who loved God with all their heart , mind and soul did not believe in the Gospel message of Peter on the day of Penticost or there after and died in unbelief but with Love for God and one another were or will be lost. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Some churches that teach a covenant theology baptize infants because they see the child as under the blood due to the parents being Christian. Therefore they can justify baptizing infants. Of course an infant can't make a a spiritual decision so all rests on this teaching that the children are somehow covered under a "covenant" through Christ and through the parents. I do not subscribe to this belief.

The Bible does say  if a parent teaches a child in the way they should go, when they are older they will not depart from it. This doesn't not mean the child will not ever fall away. It means they know the truth and will eventually figure it out or follow it. There are vagarities here because not all "Christian" homes teach their children Christian concepts inside the home and instead, leave it all up to the church. In my opinion some children who were not raised in Christian homes might be more prone to see the need for Christ, while the child who is in a "christian" home could be making false assumptions. I believe it needs to be made clear to the child.

It seems to sometimes be one of those discussions like the birds and the bees that some parents avoid thinking it will take care of itself. People pleasing children will no doubt will want to make their parents pleased, yet this could be a wrong motive. I think it should be made CLEAR to the child it's their decision. That it's a big decision and that it is made independent of anything other than accepting Christ's death on the cross as substitution for our sins. Their willingness to give their lives to Him. 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

22 hours ago, just_abc said:

As far as I can tell..  that child would still have to make their own decision to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. 

CORRECT.

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

CORRECT.

As a believer or as an unbeliever? 

As a Saved person or as an unsaved person? 

On 12/31/2020 at 2:59 AM, Diaz said:

How does a person born into a Christian family be born again? Assume the person is a church goer from his/her young age and abides by Christian ways of life such as leading a sinless life, prayer, bible reading and so on. From what I understand from the bible, you need to be born again from the inside to be saved. But what kind of "change" does this person have to experience in being born again?

If they are brought up correctly there is a good chance they will accept Yeshua. It is everyone's choice to believe or not. Regardless of the 'predestination' ideas you might hear about, an individual has to chose their own path and have Believing Loyalty to Yeshua.

The Lord does not 'make' us into believers. He will woo us, and draw us to Him, but as a Sovereign God who created us in His Image with a sovereign choice, He will bend over backwards for us to be saved but He will never violate our right to choose.

The Atonement mentioned here was a once per year kind of 'reset' for the Israelites. It was to ready them for sacred space and DID NOT overwrite all sins. Just the sins that made them unclean for Sacred Space - I.e. allow them to Worship Him as He had lad out in great detail. You have to read Leviticus and the Law to get the full importance of this. There were many laws that if broken meant you were cut off or banished or killed. The Atonement DIN NOT address these extreme sins.

Edited by Justin Adams

1 minute ago, Your closest friendnt said:

As a believer or as an unbeliever? 

As a Saved person or as an unsaved person? 

Read the question that I answered please.