IGNORED

How do children born to Christian parents be born again?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

How does a person born into a Christian family be born again? Assume the person is a church goer from his/her young age and abides by Christian ways of life such as leading a sinless life, prayer, bible reading and so on. From what I understand from the bible, you need to be born again from the inside to be saved. But what kind of "change" does this person have to experience in being born again?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Diaz said:

How does a person born into a Christian family be born again? Assume the person is a church goer from his/her young age and abides by Christian ways of life such as leading a sinless life, prayer, bible reading and so on. From what I understand from the bible, you need to be born again from the inside to be saved. But what kind of "change" does this person have to experience in being born again?

Welcome aboard Worthy Diaz :emot-highfive:

One becomes a real Christian when one comes to accept the Words of Jesus His teachings and trust in the Atonement He secured on the Cross for their Justification / salvation..

Just because one has been born into a Christian family does not mean one is a Christian..

Also No human being lives a sinless life.. Christian or non-Christian.. We Christians are DEEMED righteous not because of our own righteousness but because we believe in and trust in the righteousness of Jesus..

Don't get wrapped up in seeking ""experiences"" as if being born again is some kind of drug high or some out of body experience.. From my own experience i just felt great joy and a weight being lifted off my shoulders when i first understood the Way of salvation and believed.. :D

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

13 hours ago, Diaz said:

So I know from the question you are aware something has to happen. It isn't as simple as being born into the a Christian family we already know.

There are two kinds of responses to God that look similar on the outside, yet are very dissimilar in reality.

The first is the person who responds to a request to be saved with a "yes". They might not even fully understand what it is they are doing. They could be pacifying parents, they could assume they are doing the right thing and simply want to get it over with. Motives could even be good but they simply don't understand fully. In this case they might not have grasped whet was involved.  Intentions were internally superficial. For them it seems ok. They are now acknowledged as a Christian by their church but no real change took place inside. To them the problem might even seem to be solved. They can go on doing what they did before and still be thought to be "Christian".

The second response comes not from any sort of coercion. The person realizes that they are a sinner. Internally messed up like we all are. They want desperately for God to change them. God is convicting them of their need to commit to Him. For them, it isn't any sort of church deed. It's an internal deed. The need comes from the inside. These people TOTALLY trust Christ to save them under the blood of Jesus. Becoming more like Christ day by day might be a long process. The important thing here is the process has now started. They are truly "saved".

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, Diaz said:

a change does not make a person born again...   actually it's the other way around...  and because of that  not everyone has to experience the same changes.

I was raised in a house where we attended church until I was a teenager...   I had done the yes I accept Jesus in my heart thing but didn't really place my entire eternity into his hands.   It let me wander around into things I had not business into for a few years, and though I was a believer I still thought I had control on things.   I studied and flirted with the devil for some time and got myself into quite a mess.    Then one night the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the fact that we live in the midst of a huge spiritual war and we as humans have no power or authority in that realm...    It was then that I gave my "whole self" over to Jesus to do with as he pleases.   It was that night I was born again for being born again is being born spiritually.   God brings that spirit that died in Adam and Eve when they sinned to life in the individual and they are born of God.  Making us sons of God and not of our earthly fathers.

If a person is not living as Jesus would have us live, you should see a pretty big difference in that person's life.   If you were raised a christian and living pretty much the life that Jesus would have us then you would not notice that much of a change outwardly.

But inside, when the Holy Spirit moves in with you there is a knowing that comes with it...    and in putting your trust in him, you just know your eternal future and everyone I know developed a different outlook on the future.

And when the devil or his minions throw things up in your face it becomes easier and easier to just laugh at them and fluff it off...

It doesn't mean all your troubles go away, it means that there is someone here now to get you through whatever comes along......    which is really handy right now considering what our future may hold.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Diaz said:

Let's have a look at what Jesus Christ said about what the Lord said to Moses. 

Exodus 3:6

Then he said, “I am the God of your father,[a] the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.”(A) At this, Moses hid(B) his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

In Mathew 22:32 Jesus said in reference to Exodus 3:6 

"I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living,"

Jesus said that the Lord said that he is the God of the living and not the God of the Dead. 

That also applies to the descendants of Jacob...

The question that follows you are not going to like it, but you cannot forbid it.

When did Isaac and Jacob became alive to the Lord?

And for the same matter, when the descendants of Jacob became alive to the Lord?

Not to be mixed up this was only about Abraham and his descendants in the times before Jesus Christ sacrifice. 

That raises the question what did he meant when the Lord said I am the God of the living when Abraham and Isaac and Jacob had already died.

But he said after they died he is still their God, that they are his people even after their death..

After their death he did not stopped being their God. 

He did not say that he gave them life, only that he gave them righteousness. 

Even as they were separated from him in the Bossom of Abraham in Sheol. 

So what about the rest of the world?  

Who was their God after they died? 

Who could not be the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob and his descendants after him.

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, Diaz said:

A child born into a Christian family learn to know God because the parents bring that child up with God. To know Him. That is a good Christian foundation to start your life. What is difficult is when a child is in a family that is not Christian. They will need to come to Christ on their own. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A child born into a Christian family learn to know God because the parents bring that child up with God. To know Him. That is a good Christian foundation to start your life. What is difficult is when a child is in a family that is not Christian. They will need to come to Christ on their own. 

If I may say the same thing in a more profound way.

Our children are born to Jesus Christ. 

Our children are the children of Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A child born into a Christian family learn to know God because the parents bring that child up with God. To know Him. That is a good Christian foundation to start your life.  

A good foundation yes.  But the individual will still have to make the decision to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour in order to be saved.  It is the accepting of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour that makes a person a Christian..  regardless of what their family background is/was.  

Just some thoughts.  Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

If I may say the same thing in a more profound way.

Our children are born to Jesus Christ. 

Our children are the children of Jesus Christ. 

All are born into sin. In order get to heaven you need to be born again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, just_abc said:

A good foundation yes.  But the individual will still have to make the decision to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour in order to be saved.  It is the accepting of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour that makes a person a Christian..  regardless of what their family background is/was.  

Just some thoughts.  Thanks.

A parent brings a child up with the Lord. The child becomes an adult and off on their own. The parent continues to pray for that child. God gives us free will so that child will either continue to be with God or will decide to follow Satan.