chirpy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think we can change the course of what's to come. The events unfolding around us are decades in the making. But we can and must change ourselves.

Eye for Eye

Matthew 5:38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

Matthew 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

h. Matthew 5:38 Exodus 21:24; Lev. 24:20; Deut. 19:21
i. Matthew 5:43 Lev. 19:18

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5&version=NIV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I have lost touch with the Chinese home Church movement over the years.

I'll never forget during a Stateside visit of some of the missionaries we were told

of a pastor who was caught by the Chinese state and imprisoned. Because he would

not rat on his fellow Christians they tortured him and chained him to guards constantly 

(to keep him from even praying).

He was often sent into hip deep latrines to clear out blockages (this his guards would not accompany him).

The pastor said it was the only time he had alone with Jesus. And he actually looked forward to the duty.

I'll never forget either how some of the Chinese nationals who accompanied the missionaries back to the States

to raise awareness and funds for Bibles saw the worldliness and decadence in America  (in the 1990's) and they

said in a shocked tone... "We came to receive prayer among other thing from you, but we see we need to pray for you"

We are not in condition like those in China...

but we are all the more worldly now than in the 1990's.

And with the Commander in Compromise about to enter the WH 

(since China is a big part of that compromise) we might also soon

be heading in that direction (like the conditions in China).

God help us either way!

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, chirpy said:
ok, I will answer my own question,  I will say there was no way to avoid it. God's plan will be done.  So I will limit my question to,  is there any point in trying to reveal to others the oppression coming?   I understand some say there is no oppression coming, and my response is, it is already here. According to the Bible, the NWO is going to happen,  the unknown is when.  Salvation and sharing the gospel is always paramount, but world conditions are also of concern.  Is there any point in being a watchman and trying to warn others?

ok... I admit some of this is venting, thanks for your patience, but I am frustrated in what if anything can be done.  I am like Peter welding the sword after Jesus already told him to stand down and let God's plan unfold.

These are trying times, for sure.
But God is not asleep at the wheel.
He is still sitting on the throne, biding His time.
We cannot fight against those creating this chaos.

"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities
of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places"

I have noticed how much more now people are willing to hear about God, His love, and sacrifice for whosoever will.
I have had more response, more interest, more comments of 'needing/wanting' to hear about God's love and His gospel
the last six months than I have had the last several decades.
I am kind of a control person to a great extent. But God showed me that though I cannot change things, He can.
The bible says we have not because we ask not.
The bible says when you ask, believe you have received it. And act like it.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
God is Light. His promises are true. All of them.

"He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him"

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,that publisheth peace;
that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!"

If the ship is sinking, forget the wardrobe and pass out life preservers.

What was THE one most important truth you have ever heard/learned,
and are so grateful you did hear about it from some one?

Pass it on to someone who does not know.......
default_thumbsup.gif.e19950fa3c2dd032075568a9308cb137.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

On 1/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, chirpy said:

I guess that is the big question,  what movements are edifying?  As believers, where should we if ever, take a stand?

If we believe it is likely to result in good fruit that honors God and blesses others. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

A group of conservative Christian scholars have published a document online called the Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel.  It's supposed to be a starting point to encourage conversation by Bible-believing Christians on how to respond to this very issue.  There are also some other web pages that refute some of the points from differing theological perspectives that will also pop up if you search for Statement on Social Justice and the Gospel.  

The New Testament believers lived in worse times than we think we are facing right now, and they thrived.  We can, too, even though it is probably not going to be easy.  

I tend to agree that too many people want a Gospel that gives them political deliverance, and that was never Jesus's primary goal.  This life is a drop in the bucket compared to eternity, and personally all of this mess reminds me that this is not my home and makes me want even more to go home to Heaven.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,502
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/13/2021 at 12:53 PM, missmuffet said:

Just pray and sit back and see what God's plan is for this world. Have faith and trust. 

As our U.S. Congress would close in prayer with...  Amen and Awoman.  :th_frusty:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

To be honest the Capitol seige has me very shaken. 

It was so disturbing to watch. Cant call out one without calling out thr other.

They set up a gallow for Mike Pence.

Thats scary.

Idk im very nervous for the times to come. Bc the police didnt do their job. They didn't protect or defend. They let them walk through and thats scary.