Christian Support.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm looking for a spiritual support system. People who believe themselves to be mature Christians, who can help me in my walk. I have questions and concerns, and I've heard of a lot of people who have had spiritual parents looking after them when they get saved. I haven't really had that. Does anyone have any advice as far as this goes? I don't live near a church that shares my beliefs (not close to one, at least). 

Thank you ahead of time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Hi, I don’t know about mature, but I’m here if you need support.

what concerns do you have? Maybe I can help, or have had the same myself.

I didn’t have good spiritual mentors either. In fact, I seem to attract deceivers more than anything :(

my church is closed, but I’m always looking for a Bible believing church anyway.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,882
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

All of us would love to do whatever we are able! And the Internet is a great resource aside from just things like speaking to one another. The website desiringgod.org has tremendous topical information for just about any situation or question to can think of, and it's far from alone in that.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

10 hours ago, mmegan said:

I'm looking for a spiritual support system. People who believe themselves to be mature Christians, who can help me in my walk. I have questions and concerns, and I've heard of a lot of people who have had spiritual parents looking after them when they get saved. I haven't really had that. Does anyone have any advice as far as this goes? I don't live near a church that shares my beliefs (not close to one, at least). 

Thank you ahead of time.

Zoom is your friend. After all, most churches are holding online meetings. Google for a church that offers one-on-one discipleship.

I also disciple people, as does my spouse. Send us a PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

13 hours ago, mmegan said:

Does anyone have any advice as far as this goes? I don't live near a church that shares my beliefs (not close to one, at least). 

If you have questions, doubts and concerns about Christianity you have several options.

Use the internet to find answers to them.

Ask Christians you know.

Post them on forums and read and respond to the replies you get.

How do you know that the churches in your area don't share your beliefs?

Chevy out christianityexplored for churches in your area and try watching there online services, talking to the minister.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

16 hours ago, mmegan said:

Thank you ahead of time.

Worthy is a good Christian support resource if you have questions. Just make sure it is reliable Christian advise and not false teaching. You can also go onto Got Questions which is a good Christian question and answer on-line resource. It is good Christian answers and no false doctrine. www.got questions.org.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

20 hours ago, mmegan said:

Thank you ahead of time.

We all have one teacher: 

But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brethren. Matthew 23:8 RSV 

My advice is to follow Paul’s teaching: 

Pray constantly. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 RSV

Edited by johnthebaptist
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/20/2021 at 2:56 AM, mmegan said:

Thank you ahead of time.

All the best with finding some Christian support. Pray about it, and let The Lord lead you...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 1/19/2021 at 8:56 PM, mmegan said:

Thank you ahead of time.

I've been sitting here trying to figure out how to say this without sounding arrogant. I've been doing this for about 45 years. I don't claim to know everything but I believe I have a good understanding on who God is. Don't be afraid to invade my space with a question. My doors are always open and everyone is welcome.