IGNORED

Are you personally prepared with the Gospel Armor for tribulation? If so, What scriptures got you there?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

So much time is spent in the debates of the 'when' and 'what' will happen in the world, but what about OUR personal journey through the tribulation?  We all know not to take the mark of the beast, not to buy or sell but are there any specifics you found in scripture to be important or useful?  what other commands are we given in the WORD?  I am looking for scriptures that bring our personal journey out into focus.  So if you have one,  I would appreciate it, be it the actions, protection, preparation, etc.   Or questions that should be asked.  

Concerning 
Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

I, personally have no problem with the 'be thou faithful unto death' part,  but WHAT if that doesn't take place and not a hair on my head is touched?  I don't want to have gone and done the WRONG thing at that point, so the most important thing to find out was "What am I to do and not do, and or say or not say when/if I am taken up for the 10 day trial, and what should I expect, if I can expect anything at all.  

So far, I found this help in this scripture,  

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

Matthew 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, TAKE NO THOUGHT HOW OR WHAT YE SHALL SPEAK: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

UNTIL I am given MORE suitable scripture, THIS is what I will be going with.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Proverbs 3:5-6 is what I put my faith in when the going gets rough.  Trying to "figure it out" is a waste of time.  God will allow me to understand what He wants me to understand, but my faith remains in Him and Him alone.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Proverbs 3:5-6 is what I put my faith in when the going gets rough.  Trying to "figure it out" is a waste of time.  God will allow me to understand what He wants me to understand, but my faith remains in Him and Him alone.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Do you realize that if FAITH came as a MIRACLE just set down inside us, There would be not one degree of division?  

We would have no need for these forums. 

We have been given the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us.  Where do you suppose that leading and guiding takes place?  Would you agree it would first take place IN GODS WORD, so that with His knowledge and His wisdom and His words could/would become ours?  Isn't that how we walk towards PERFECTION?  Not our way, not what we think or feel but what we learn from HIS WORDS.  

If we just sat back and let the Holy Spirit do all the work, who would be judged on Judgment Day?  The Holy Spirit and how well He worked with in us?  Would that be fair?   He worked wonders in that one,  who is now a vessel of gold and honorable.  BUT,  He didn't work so well in this other guy,  so he is forever a vessel of wood and dishonor. 

The Holy Spirit doesn't need study to show Himself approved.  He doesn't have to put on the gospel armor.  He doesn't have to repent and confess His sins.  He doesn't need to humble himself before God.  He doesn't need any works to follow Him.  WE DO.    BUT what He does do, is lead us in living a righteous life and to rightly dividing the  Word of God.  He gives a tug on our heart and in our mind when we think, that was too much change from that 20, should I keep it, act like I didn't notice and walk out the door,  a thief.  When we think you ponder on evil things, His Spirit jumps in an says, does this feel like the RIGHT way? 

That would be like saying because JESUS WALKED PERFECTLY, so have I.  NO, Jesus did His Work.  We are told to take up our cross.  He did it perfectly so we have a perfect example of how it is to be done.  

One thing I know for sure,  is when I arrive at the feet of God, I want to have a lot more to show than having just accepted, what was given to the thief on the cross.  He received that gift, same as me,  as it is free to whomsoever would.  And if all I have are WORKS to take with me, you can bet I want a bunch of them.  And isn't it just so much easier working that way.    

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Do you realize that if FAITH came as a MIRACLE just set down inside us, There would be not one degree of division?  

We would have no need for these forums. 

We have been given the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us.  Where do you suppose that leading and guiding takes place?  Would you agree it would first take place IN GODS WORD, so that with His knowledge and His wisdom and His words could/would become ours?  Isn't that how we walk towards PERFECTION?  Not our way, not what we think or feel but what we learn from HIS WORDS.  

If we just sat back and let the Holy Spirit do all the work, who would be judged on Judgment Day?  The Holy Spirit and how well He worked with in us?  Would that be fair?   He worked wonders in that one,  who is now a vessel of gold and honorable.  BUT,  He didn't work so well in this other guy,  so he is forever a vessel of wood and dishonor. 

The Holy Spirit doesn't need study to show Himself approved.  He doesn't have to put on the gospel armor.  He doesn't have to repent and confess His sins.  He doesn't need to humble himself before God.  He doesn't need any works to follow Him.  WE DO.    BUT what He does do, is lead us in living a righteous life and to rightly dividing the  Word of God.  He gives a tug on our heart and in our mind when we think, that was too much change from that 20, should I keep it, act like I didn't notice and walk out the door,  a thief.  When we think you ponder on evil things, His Spirit jumps in an says, does this feel like the RIGHT way? 

That would be like saying because JESUS WALKED PERFECTLY, so have I.  NO, Jesus did His Work.  We are told to take up our cross.  He did it perfectly so we have a perfect example of how it is to be done.  

One thing I know for sure,  is when I arrive at the feet of God, I want to have a lot more to show than having just accepted, what was given to the thief on the cross.  He received that gift, same as me,  as it is free to whomsoever would.  And if all I have are WORKS to take with me, you can bet I want a bunch of them.  And isn't it just so much easier working that way.    

You did ask if someone had something that brought our journey into focus, to share it, which I did.  So, that being said, why such a response?  How did you get all this reply from me quoting two verses of scripture I depend on the most?   IF you are looking for an argument or debate, please keep looking.

• Well Said! 1

10 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You did ask if someone had something that brought our journey into focus, to share it, which I did.  So, that being said, why such a response?  How did you get all this reply from me quoting two verses of scripture I depend on the most?   IF you are looking for an argument or debate, please keep looking.

I am sorry.  I think your response brought up a problem I had with another.  You are correct.  I did .  You did. 

Again, my apologies.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I am sorry.  I think your response brought up a problem I had with another.  You are correct.  I did .  You did. 

Again, my apologies.

Thank you for the apology, it does mean a lot. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Again, my apologies.

Rev 3:10 Since you hv kept my command to endure patiently i will also keep you from the hour of trial that will come to the world to test them.

Do you think they dont endure anything be4 the great tribulation ?

Edited by R. Hartono

1Corinthians 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1Corinthians 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

1Corinthians 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

1Corinthians 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

1Corinthians 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

1Corinthians 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

1Corinthians 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

1Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

1 Corinthians 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,023
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

So much time is spent in the debates of the 'when' and 'what' will happen in the world, but what about OUR personal journey through the tribulation?  We all know not to take the mark of the beast, not to buy or sell but are there any specifics you found in scripture to be important or useful?  what other commands are we given in the WORD?  I am looking for scriptures that bring our personal journey out into focus.  So if you have one,  I would appreciate it, be it the actions, protection, preparation, etc.   Or questions that should be asked.  

There is one Scripture that always corrects my course through happenstance, hardship, and hostility, and should the pressure intensify to manifest as global tyranny in my lifetime, I will be standing on the sure foundation of Christ and believing His Word as follows:

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

• Thumbs Up 2