Is it ok to watch secular TV and music?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I used to enjoy my Star Trek and Doctor Who and Marvel movies, but the content is just getting worse and worse.

Trek

I still like my five shows. TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT. I watched the first season of Discovery and with the gay characters being constant, I was done. I watched the first season of Picard and I was enjoy most of it (was not happy with the death of some favorite characters). however, after a tear jerker of an ending, the final scene with another one of my favs, Seven of Nine, made me yell at my video. I am not watching anymore new Treks. Not movies, not shows.

Who

Being British, yea they are going to be more comfortable with gays and such. I felt the show was going down when they brought on the first gay companion. And with the last two seasons all these same gender couples, I calling it quits on any new Who now as well.

Marvel

Those movies were pretty good, but they started sneaking in gay people here and there. Now, with the new phase coming out, like Loki, they got a lot of gays and trans and other sub-humans joining the future franchise that has forced me to be done with it.

At this point, for shows, I need to stick with my pre-2020 content.

Now, I like some other shows and movies, like horror. I got no problem watching a supposedly, immortal guy (because writers and profits say so without regards to plot) killing people left and right. No problem. But once there are characters of trans/gay confusion, I am pretty much turning it off. That makes me upset and cringe. That lifestyle is affecting my offspring, so I hate it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

1 hour ago, The Survivor said:

I used to enjoy my Star Trek and Doctor Who and Marvel movies, but the content is just getting worse and worse.

Trek

I still like my five shows. TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT. I watched the first season of Discovery and with the gay characters being constant, I was done. I watched the first season of Picard and I was enjoy most of it (was not happy with the death of some favorite characters). however, after a tear jerker of an ending, the final scene with another one of my favs, Seven of Nine, made me yell at my video. I am not watching anymore new Treks. Not movies, not shows.

Who

Being British, yea they are going to be more comfortable with gays and such. I felt the show was going down when they brought on the first gay companion. And with the last two seasons all these same gender couples, I calling it quits on any new Who now as well.

Marvel

Those movies were pretty good, but they started sneaking in gay people here and there. Now, with the new phase coming out, like Loki, they got a lot of gays and trans and other sub-humans joining the future franchise that has forced me to be done with it.

At this point, for shows, I need to stick with my pre-2020 content.

Now, I like some other shows and movies, like horror. I got no problem watching a supposedly, immortal guy (because writers and profits say so without regards to plot) killing people left and right. No problem. But once there are characters of trans/gay confusion, I am pretty much turning it off. That makes me upset and cringe. That lifestyle is affecting my offspring, so I hate it.

I struggle with marvel now too. Thor and all that. I used to really enjoy all the other marvel movies, My oh loves them. I put all our pagan dvds in the storehouse, including them. My Brother-in-law lent us ‘got’ dvds, and I said I don’t want them in the house again. 

My oh watches marvel when I’m upstairs. That’s our agreement now. Good eh? Also, We have a fire stick, and I don’t know what’s worse. Every film has violence, blasphemy or sex in them. Sick of it.

if it was up to me, I probably wouldn’t have a tv tbh. I do enjoy the diy house programmes though. I loved friends, know them off by heart, but again, blasphemy and sex references.

sick of all of it :(

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

I watch a lot of cat videos on YouTube. There's a Korean woman with ten cats - Claire Luvcat - that's entertainment. 

• Haha 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Somebody said the tv is a ‘hell box’ in the corner of the room. I agree. What about the www? ?

Edited by Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:35 AM, The Survivor said:

Marvel

Did you just insinuate that gay and trans people are sub-human or was that written poorly?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  10

I don't watch the news. It angers me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

18 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Did you just insinuate that gay and trans people are sub-human or was that written poorly?

Nothing is "poorly written." Do not worry.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

This question always reminds me of the Cherokee proverb of two wolves, not scripture but surely a scriptural truth

wolves2.jpg

Edited by Riverwalker
resized picture smaller

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, The Survivor said:

I'm not worried. I'm seeking clarification.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

2 hours ago, The Survivor said:

I feel I have to comment on that. "Sub-human" is going too far. Anti-Biblical, even. Lost, living in abominable sin, headed for hell, yes...but still absolutely human, made in God's image, beloved of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and needing a salvation they cannot achieve on their own...just like you and me, brother. There is no love, and in fact only hatred, in those words. We are to speak the truth, but always in love.

• Thumbs Up 1