IGNORED

Should I Tell My Non-Christian Friends God has Determined Them to Go to Hell?

Uber Genius

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, David1701 said:

There is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No-one comes to the Father, except through Him.  There is no other name given under heaven, by which we must be saved, than Jesus Christ.

Agreed.

but in the end when God judges all of humankind from the very first human beings on Earth to the last person alive He will dispense his mercy and grace according to his judgement: 

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 
12  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 
13  And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 
14  Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 
15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, David1701 said:

There is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  No-one comes to the Father, except through Him.  There is no other name given under heaven, by which we must be saved, than Jesus Christ.

The question wiggles is asking (I believe based on this topic in the OP)

Isn't "Is there more than one way of salvation," but 

"Does the ramifications of the question I asked that all non-Christians are necessarily going to hell?" Of course even on Calvinism the answer is no. God could force someone to choose him before they die. 

4 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Ever heard a pastor preach quoting R.C. sproul, D.A. Carson, Tim Keller, John Piper, John MacArthur? All believe those false views stated above.

No I am Australian and spared the bewilderment of your TV evangelists and the many celebrity pastor based churches.

Here in Oz the Methodists have died out both numerically and spiritually after they joined up with the Presbyterians to form the Uniting Church.

Now the Uniting Church are uber liberal with lesbian pastors and no congregations.

4 minutes ago, Waggles said:

but in the end when God judges all of humankind from the very first human beings on Earth to the last person alive He will dispense his mercy and grace according to his judgement

Not sure how this relates to salvation via Calvinism. Seems to me that no matter what one's view of salvation, judgement is the same.

2 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

The question wiggles is asking (I believe based on this topic in the OP)

Isn't "Is there more than one way of salvation," but 

"Does the ramifications of the question I asked that all non-Christians are necessarily going to hell?" Of course even on Calvinism the answer is no. God could force someone to choose him before they die. 

Force?......God would never force,

2 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

God could force someone to choose him before they die. 

But God does not do that. For he wants his creation, us peoples, to freely love him; and to love doing good over evil. 

Given that the vast majority of people in the world have only ever experienced poverty and hardship as peasants and labourers, etc. life on planet Earth has not been kind to them.

And given that the world is ruled by the satan and his lot - the nations other than Israel - most people in the world have never had a chance to embrace the true love of God.

8 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Not sure how this relates to salvation via Calvinism. Seems to me that no matter what one's view of salvation, judgement is the same.

Revelation 20:13 to me clearly describes that all peoples have the hope that their names are written in the Book of Life from tribal hunter gathers to the untouchables of India. 

Yes millions (?) will not have their names in the Book of Life because of their works. 

Romans 2:14  For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 
15  They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 
16  on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

Telling someone that they are going to hell won't make one iota of difference to the direction of their life.  Because it is the Holy Spirit who enlightens sinners to the gospel of Christ, I don't see Him supporting telling people where they are going to end up.

Paul said that it is the gospel of Christ that is the power of God leading to salvation to those who believe it.  This is why Paul was successful at Corinth - he determined to know nothing among them save Christ and him crucified.  Therefore, there is more chance of success with your non-Christian friends if you testify to what Jesus did on the cross for them.   Paul said that when prophecy is used, that can cause a person to fall on their face and determine that God is with us.  John says that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy;   therefore testifying of Jesus activates the power of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction of sin to sinners and their need of Jesus to be their Saviour.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Calvinism makes me feel like vomiting.

59 minutes ago, clancy said:

Force?......God would never force,

So Clancy our discussion has morphed to unfold the true nature of Calvinism. This view that is growing in the Evangelical church and was predominant with reformers like Luther, Calvin and even snagged John Wesley holds that God forces man to receive him and forces man to reject him full apart from any foreknowledge of what that person would have freely chosen! 

I'm again playing devil's advocate here. It does seem amazing doesn't it.