• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Waggles said:

You must have a different Bible to mine. I do not have a Revelation chapter 24.

I am sorry, I wrote it backwards. Its 18:24 

In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people,
    of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

My question was what city, or country or religion could have done that?

Babylon has to be our sinful world and God is calling us out of her

Rev 18:4

Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  1

Rev 18:10  They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, “Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come.”

18:16  “Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls! 
17  For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste.” And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off 
18  and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning, “What city was like the great city?” 

18:21  Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and will be found no more;

18:24  And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.”

The city that sits on seven hills is Rome and her daughter Roman Catholicism is responsible for the blood of prophets and of saints, and those slain by her conquering warriors - remember the Conquistadors, the Crusades, the Jesuits and the Knights Templars?  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

18:24  And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.”

The verse says all who have been slaughtered on the earth, there is no way Rome is responsible for Cain murder. It must be our sinful world

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  779
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Content Per Day:  3.03

52 minutes ago, Jaydub said:

18:24  And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.”

The verse says all who have been slaughtered on the earth, there is no way Rome is responsible for Cain murder. It must be our sinful world

The devil use them, remember the killing of innocent babies by Herod, the devil idea.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Jaydub said:

Yes. What goes back that far and is responsible for all death? 

I bit strange to think about. What did Abel have that Cain did not? What did Cain desire? Sure sin is the root cause but what is the origin?

I see three things in scripture:

Love of money is the root of all evil. - 1 Tim 6

By the greatness of your trade you grew violent and sin was found in you. - Eze 28

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not the Father's, but is the world's. - 1 John 2

In my mind then it's the original expansion of merchandising or massive trafficking by Lucifer before his fall through the love of money. 

It's not the merchandising itself;

"Your heart grew proud of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor; so I cast you to the earth; I made you a spectacle before kings. By the multitude of your iniquities and the dishonesty of your trading you have profaned your sanctuaries."

This was before Eve and so Cain fell victim as well. Maybe he viewed the sacrifice to God as transactional only and his pride was damaged as the deal was not completed or accepted. Filled with violence. Every transaction had to be successful. Had to remove the competition. 

That fills the whole world today and I agree with your conclusion.

Still it's a city that will represent this lust. All traffick across the world will be concentrated in one entity. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Waggles said:

Rev 17:4  The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality.

Three issues to note here: 1) arrayed in purple and scarlet are most definitely the colours of the RCC; 2) gold, jewels and pearls > worldly wealth and treasures is what satan offers and is in complete contrast to what Jesus teaches about treasure in Heaven; 3) sexual immorality is the hallmark of the RCC from the wickedness of the Popes over history, nuns and monks getting up to mischief (one of the reasons that motivated Luther), homosexuality rife within the church over history, child sex scandals after scandal after scandal, forbidding their clergy to marry ... 

1Tim 4:1  Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 
3  who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. [remember no eating of meat on Friday] 

Rd11f666.jpg.f5b314dc58e9a1a996fba5d00358cd3c.jpg

Yes. Colors that are symbolic of power and authority.  But it goes way back.

‘You were the seal of perfection,

full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

You were in Eden,

the garden of God.

Every kind of precious stone adorned you:

ruby, topaz, and diamond,

beryl, onyx, and jasper,

sapphire, turquoise, and emerald.

Your mountings and settings were crafted in gold,

prepared on the day of your creation."

The RCC is a late arrival as it didn't exist to be responsible for; "24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

She's a part of it but the religion of lust is old before the world was created. It's much wider than the RCC, much bigger, uglier too.

Edited by Diaste
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

15 hours ago, Jaydub said:

Lk 11:49-51, 

V 49, "Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will slay and persecute: (v 50) That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; (v 51) From the blood of Able unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the alter and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation."

---

Rev 17, This is showing the situation in the 85-96 AD ish time period.

The harlot woman is Israel and Jerusalem as slaves in Rome. This is in contrast to the good woman who flees the dragon/beast in Rev 12.

The name on the harlot Israel/Jerusalem is the name of the slave's owner. The letters sent to the congregations could not say "Rome", so it was put in the imagery of Babylon.

The harlot Israel is in league with the beast in attacking the kingdom/church. 

The woman is the great city, Jerusalem, but she is captive in Rome. 

---

Edited by abcdef
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

20 hours ago, Waggles said:

Rev 18:10  They will stand far off, in fear of her torment, and say, “Alas! Alas! You great city, you mighty city, Babylon! For in a single hour your judgment has come.”

18:16  “Alas, alas, for the great city that was clothed in fine linen, in purple and scarlet, adorned with gold, with jewels, and with pearls! 
17  For in a single hour all this wealth has been laid waste.” And all shipmasters and seafaring men, sailors and all whose trade is on the sea, stood far off 
18  and cried out as they saw the smoke of her burning, “What city was like the great city?” 

18:21  Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and will be found no more;

18:24  And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on earth.”

The city that sits on seven hills is Rome and her daughter Roman Catholicism is responsible for the blood of prophets and of saints, and those slain by her conquering warriors - remember the Conquistadors, the Crusades, the Jesuits and the Knights Templars?  

I believe babylon is destroyed in or at the end of the 2nd woe.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

10 hours ago, Brother Duke said:

I believe babylon is destroyed in or at the end of the 2nd woe.

I'm going to agree with you if,

Your Babylon is Jerusalem.

------

But I am interested in how you came to your conclusion.

I don't see the word Babylon used until Rev 14:8.

Why do you think that the 6th trumpet is applied to Babylon? Or is it Jerusalem?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Rev 11:8  and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified. 
9  For three and a half days some from the peoples and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and refuse to let them be placed in a tomb, 

So Jerusalem is called Sodom (abominations) and Egypt (false religion, idolatry)

Revelation chapter 11 is that about Judah up to the time of Jesus' ministry? 

The two witnesses being the Law and the Prophets?