• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,686
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, clancy said:

I don’t come to God and say I’m sorry that I sin.

When I lose my temper,I don’t say sorry Father ,for I have sinned.

i tell you what I say, I have my own personal relationship with God.

Lord I’ve done it again, I have lost my temper for years, he picks me up then we start over,...I ask him to change me to be more like Jesus...I look to him for change not myself....a couple of yrs ago,I’d had enough...he knows my heart, he took my temper from me....so I never confess sin...or ask forgiveness, that’s already been settled.

I ask for change....to make me a better person, to serve Jesus as best as I can....I am very close to God, feel his presence all day everyday....I have his peace and I protect it.

Actually it’s not me protecting it.....it’s God in me protecting my peace and none can take it from me.

This is the closest I have ever felt to God...I know I am walking in his will for my life ,it was a huge struggle, but it was God who got me here....not I!!

Oh this is so true..... for me I have been given the opportunity to feel how ugly and unhappy I am after I committed those sins which had been so frequent and common to me before I had a relationship with Him. 

I remember years ago some pharma group created a pill one would take and should that person take a drink they would immediately throw up.... The individual would still and perhaps until he died always have the urge to drink but this pill would remind him in a very strong physical way it was a really bad idea.

Now, to try and continue with this illustration, the individual still has all his options open to him.... he could continue taking the pill daily and never drink again. He could stop taking the pill and return to his old ways..... He could even take the pills on a "when I don't want to drink basis", but forgo them at times of his choosing.

I have gotten off the subject a little bit but whether it is our penchant for drinking or disobeying God, we will always have a choice until we die. For me, there is no OSAS .... 

Today, I certainly do not have the same desire, or lack of concern, etc., to sin in the manner I have been accustomed... and almost perfected. Now there is a very unpleasant feeling God ALLOWS me to experience, and I know immediately there is so much more He must do with me...... because I can not do it without Him.

Just my thoughts, Charlie

Regarding the 

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest clancy
21 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Oh this is so true..... for me I have been given the opportunity to feel how ugly and unhappy I am after I committed those sins which had been so frequent and common to me before I had a relationship with Him. 

I remember years ago some pharma group created a pill one would take and should that person take a drink they would immediately throw up.... The individual would still and perhaps until he died always have the urge to drink but this pill would remind him in a very strong physical way it was a really bad idea.

Now, to try and continue with this illustration, the individual still has all his options open to him.... he could continue taking the pill daily and never drink again. He could stop taking the pill and return to his old ways..... He could even take the pills on a "when I don't want to drink basis", but forgo them at times of his choosing.

I have gotten off the subject a little bit but whether it is our penchant for drinking or disobeying God, we will always have a choice until we die. For me, there is no OSAS .... 

Today, I certainly do not have the same desire, or lack of concern, etc., to sin in the manner I have been accustomed... and almost perfected. Now there is a very unpleasant feeling God ALLOWS me to experience, and I know immediately there is so much more He must do with me...... because I can not do it without Him.

Just my thoughts, Charlie

Regarding the 

I used to get that unpleasant feeling also ,Charlie....especially when I lost my temper....God got me through it, as he will you......He still has a lot to do in me also,Bro!.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

One would think the answer to this is made self apparent every time we sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

"I know this, that after my departing shall savage wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock" Acts 20:29

"The patience of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul
also according to the wisdom given him, has written unto you, as in all his letters,
speaking of those things (how we are to live) in the which are some things
hard to be understood, and unlearned and unstable men shall take and twist them"
2 Peter 3:15-16

Those 'twistings' prevail, we even have them today as scripture.

However due to the context of Romans chapter 6 and 8, the chapters that surround 7,
and the overall flow of Paul's message and the words themselves, it is clear that the following is the correct translation of 7:21-25, 8:1-2

" I find then a law, that, when I want to do good, evil is present with me.
For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind,
and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin, which is in my members.
So then with the mind I my self serve the law of God,
but with the flesh the law of sin.
O wretched man that I am! who shall save me from this body of death?
I thank God through Christ Jesus our Lord.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from
the law of sin and therefore free from death. "

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

How many time are we told that we are one body in Christ?  Are we also told that this one body is His Church?  Since we are one in Him, and Christ being the head of His Church, why then would Jesus tell His Body, the church, in Revelation 2 and 3 to repent if there is no need to repent after salvation?

Here is one example from Revelation 2:5

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent.

Be careful what you believe.  Satan, who fell from grace when pride was found in him, caused Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit when he said to her in Genesis 3:1-5 ...

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.  For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

We now hear the same lie about not needing to repent.  If you find you are believing that we do not have to repent after salvation, ask yourself why there is so much scripture spoken to believers about how to live a life in Christ if there is nothing ever to worry about for nothing you can ever do will be a sin?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

3 hours ago, clancy said:

I must admit, when I first became born again,God had forgiven all of my sins,He saw no sin in me, I too never came to the Father confessing my sins,...I was led to believe by others ,that I must confess my sins to God....as a believer....I don’t believe God led me to confess them, because what am I confessing ,when he has already forgiven my sins?

Somebody please give that man a cigar.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

Guest clancy
2 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

Somebody please give that man a cigar.

What man....I’m a woman, even after telling Josheb I’m a woman, he still thinks I’m a man..??

New International Version
and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

New Living Translation
Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy.

English Standard Version
and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Berean Study Bible
and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Berean Literal Bible
and to have put on the new man, having been created according to God in righteousness and holiness of truth.

King James Bible
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

New King James Version
and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

New American Standard Bible
and to put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

NASB 1995
and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

NASB 1977
and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.

Amplified Bible
and put on the new self [the regenerated and renewed nature], created in God’s image, [godlike] in the righteousness and holiness of the truth [living in a way that expresses to God your gratitude for your salvation].

Christian Standard Bible
and to put on the new self, the one created according to God’s likeness in righteousness and purity of the truth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
you put on the new self, the one created according to God's likeness in righteousness and purity of the truth.

American Standard Version
and put on the new man, that after God hath been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.

Contemporary English Version
and make you into a new person. You were created to be like God, and so you must please him and be truly holy.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And put on the new man, who according to God is created in justice and holiness of truth.

English Revised Version
and put on the new man, which after God hath been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.

Good News Translation
and you must put on the new self, which is created in God's likeness and reveals itself in the true life that is upright and holy.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
You were also taught to become a new person created to be like God, truly righteous and holy.

International Standard Version
and to clothe yourselves with the new nature, which was created according to God's image in righteousness and true holiness.

Literal Standard Version
and to put on the new man, which, according to God, was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.

NET Bible
and to put on the new man who has been created in God's image--in righteousness and holiness that comes from truth.

New Heart English Bible
and put on the new self, who in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.

Weymouth New Testament
with that new and better self which has been created to resemble God in the righteousness and holiness which come from the truth.

World English Bible
and put on the new man, who in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.

Young's Literal Translation
and to put on the new man, which, according to God, was created in righteousness and kindness of the truth.

15 minutes ago, clancy said:

What man....I’m a woman, even after telling Josheb I’m a woman, he still thinks I’m a man..??

Give that woman a cigar.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

4 hours ago, Peterlag said:

I know this comes as a complete shock to many of you who have been indoctrinated in the-old-nature-versus-the-new-nature theology. Most Christians have been taught to believe that after salvation, they are still the same at their core, and they live the rest of their lives trying to restrain this old nature. They believe they have two natures. And I also was taught this and believed it for many years thinking Romans 6 was talking about what I would become in the future.

i find no account of your status with God in all that you have said.as in it is Christ in you,your sonship(your standing) a son of God,(redemption).a one time happening that cannot be undone or redone.And you in Christ,your fellowship,( your status).the Word tells me that redemption is for the unsaved sinner whilst confession is for the saved sinner.

When we are born again our sins are forgiven us,wiped out.so what happens when we sin again?as surely we will for all have fallen short of the glory of God.we fall out of fellowship.bit like the prodigal son,wandered away for a bit realised his mistake went back to the farther and said sorry..thats confession.

take 1 john 1v9

If we confess our sins he is faithfull and just to fogive us our sins,and to cleanse us from all unrightiousness.

this verse has nothing to do with being saved.to confess our sins is not salvation,to confess the savior is salvation.this verse is about a saved person confessing his sins and being cleansed again.

peace.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2