• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,180
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, BeyondET said:

How can a person know if someone else has not accepted the gift?

Is the gift accepted from the heart or mind or both or none of those?

When a person accepts the gift and is saved, it's a full spiritual rebirth and the Holy Spirit shows up and indwells that person (God lives in their heart).  A lot happens to that person when they are saved that is noticeable by other people who are saved.  It's a type of discernment sometimes that requires no words to notice.

The Holy Spirit also brings that saved person knowledge about God.  It's much easier to understand the Bible, for example. 

1 John 2:27  (NLT) But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Your scripture and statements make my point.

You live in an amazing world my friend

11 minutes ago, Riverwalker said:

You live in an amazing world my friend

We live in a Bible story.  His Story.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,989
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

When a person accepts the gift and is saved, it's a full spiritual rebirth and the Holy Spirit shows up and indwells that person (God lives in their heart).  A lot happens to that person when they are saved that is noticeable by other people who are saved.  It's a type of discernment sometimes that requires no words to notice.

The Holy Spirit also brings that saved person knowledge about God.  It's much easier to understand the Bible, for example. 

1 John 2:27  (NLT) But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

That’s a good statement I can agree with, reason why I ask I found what you said a little perplexing about people claim to have once been a Christian or join a church make a donation Later it wears off thus never was saved.

i can relate to some of that sort of, I’ve been to few different denominational churches and nondenominational churches though as of yet I haven’t stuck with regularly attending any of them but I do have friends who do believe and I enjoy fellowship with others. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Folks are just naturally factious. The Corinthian church was an example of this, that it was happening even in the apostles' lifetime. Sad but true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  366
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

My favorite word in the Bible, which I've never seen anywhere else is "Lovingkindness".  What a great word!  It's the old English translation of the Hebrew "Checed".  It's the perfect description of the loving nature of God.

As for denominations, my denomination is Jesus.  "Nom" means name.  Jesus is the name with power that describes who I am better than anything, in terms of what I know, beleive, and identify with.  A "Christian" is a Christ man.  And that's what I am.  And it's enough.  I never try to hold to only part of what Jesus is and taught to suit "denomination".  But I don't hold anything against those who hold to specific doctrine based on the Bible, as long as it is Christ centered.  But we all have our own walk with Jesus.  We all have our own personal relationship with him.  And it's not denominational.  It's Jesus and us.  When we see Jesus face to face, doctrine, theology, and denominationalism will be replaced with a more perfect knowledge of the one who stands before us.  Until then we should focus on Jesus, and try to return and share as much of his Lovingkindness as we can.

Guest clancy
On 4/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, Sparks said:

That's sort of a self refuting statement, isn't it? 

Accepting the gift of salvation is as powerful as ever, but if you think that everyone who claims to be a Christian for all the wrong reasons is going to heaven, you are going to be surprised.  It takes more than wearing an "I am Christian" tee-shirt or making a donation to a church to be saved.

You can love God, worship God, Pray to God, do good works for God, donate to causes for God, and dedicate your life to God, yet miss your own salvation because you never accepted the gift of God. 

The gift of salvation has to be accepted to be born again and saved for the word 'Christian' to have any meaning.  Just calling yourself a Christian does not necessarily have meaning.

(ESV) Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

(ESV) Romans 10:9-10 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 

The gift of salvation for me.....The Father draws us to Jesus, it’s He who opened the door to my heart to “ receive” Him......it was automatic for me  as it was God’s “ WILL” that I was saved......

Its a long story of God drawing me to Jesus..when I look back over my life..that is my testimony.

if God testifies to ones spirit that you are His child...that’s it.....you are His.....no one on the planet can take you away from Him...that is my belief...walking with the Lord 30 yrs now.

Edited by clancy

5 hours ago, clancy said:

The gift of salvation for me.....The Father draws us to Jesus, it’s He who opened the door to my heart to “ receive” Him......it was automatic for me  as it was God’s “ WILL” that I was saved......

Its a long story of God drawing me to Jesus..when I look back over my life..that is my testimony.

if God testifies to ones spirit that you are His child...that’s it.....you are His.....no one on the planet can take you away from Him...that is my belief...walking with the Lord 30 yrs now.

God can certainly do anything He wants, but He allows us freewill.  He does not force us to accept or decline His gift. 

Guest clancy
28 minutes ago, Sparks said:

God can certainly do anything He wants, but He allows us freewill.  He does not force us to accept or decline His gift. 

I was called..he had already prepared my heart to be open for receiving His Holy Spirit..nothing forced ,just a natural receiving of the Holy Spirit,who testified to my spirit that I’m his child.

My will never came into it I fell in love instantly of receiving the HolybSpirit,

Which was and is a great honour and privilege to be chosen and called.

Edited by clancy

1 minute ago, clancy said:

I was called..he had already prepared my heart to be open for receiving His Holy Spirit..nothing forced ,just a natural receiving of the Holy Spirit,who testified to my spirit that I’m his child.

He won't force you.  It's a matter of freewill.  Plus, you have to accept His gift.  He allows you to choose Him, or decline Him.  You are not born saved, nor forced.