DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

I thought I might faint.  3832 more to go until the Bible has been published in all languages.  Does that sound right?  :noidea:

:sad030:Please, someone tell me this is wrong.  At least they have a date set for when it will be done.  

Illuminations,   If I remember correctly we have some who say they have been very gifted in the language department.  If I was, I would be all over this.  Just in case someone could help speed it up,  I thought I would share.  :coffee:

Anyway, their goal is to have them all done by 2033 

:bored-1:

2 hours ago, SONshine said:

Hey there! 469AE2A4-CE7F-4890-AE38-AB6C252E5247.gif.389b56687caca4d2bc011901b649fca7.gif

...But what do the verses below say?  They say “preached,” not “read.”  The two witnesses and the Elect will be preaching with awesome Power.  ....because it will be the Holy Spirit preaching through them! and the whole world will hear them!  This happens right in the nick of time, and then the King of kings returns! 

Matthew 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Mark 13:10-12

10 And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. 11 But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12 Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

Thanks!!!   I am TOTALLY willing to go with that.   I wonder how many of those have 'heard'?  Makes me wish I spoke more than one language though.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 4/1/2021 at 11:31 PM, DeighAnn said:

I thought I might faint.  3832 more to go until the Bible has been published in all languages.  Does that sound right?  :noidea:

:sad030:Please, someone tell me this is wrong.  At least they have a date set for when it will be done.  

I think it was about 20 years ago, that the Wycliffe Bible translators organization said that there were about 2200 languages left to translate the Bible into. I copied the following from their site just now:

In 1999, our leaders realized that at the speed we were going, it would be at least 2150 before a Bible translation could be started for every language that needed one.

As they thought about the people perishing around the world every day without receiving the Good News of the gospel, they felt God calling them to adopt a new goal for accomplishing this mission.

Our leaders committed to do everything we could to see a Bible translation program in progress in every language still needing one by 2025.

Today, at least 2,000 languages still need a Bible translation started, and Wycliffe is working faster than ever to reach those languages as soon as possible.

My comments, Matt 24 says in part:

9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake. 10And then many will fall awaya and betray one another and hate one another. 11And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Some notes:

• This is about the gospel - not the whole Bible. The gospel, the good news about salvation through faith in Jesus, is a way shorter message than a Bible translation.
  • That same word (proclaimed) is done from housetops in Luke 12:3 - seems to be spoken not written.
  • Also faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word of God. The word "word" in that verse (Romans 10:17) is the Greek word rhematos, the spoken word.
  • To all nations. Nations is the Greek word ethnesin - thar word can mean a nation, a people group, most often translated as Gentiles.
  • Then the end will come - see the following:

What is the "end" that will come? Read Matt 24 to pick up the whole context, but the short of it is, that Jesus and His disciples had just been at the temple, and the disciples were commenting on the grandeur of the setting. The temple was the center of Jewish life, the place of sacrifice that was the means to being right with God, forgiveness of sin in the mind of the religious Jew.

Jesus pointed out to them, that the Temple would be destroyed - not one stone left upon another (and it later was, in 70 A.D.). The would have been a shocking statement to the Jew, no temple? That is to say that the practice of Judaism would be suspended. That was not only unthinkable, it would seem al but impossible. Why, because the temple was inside a huge stone wall, and on top of a mountain. An army would have to come from some distance, with an ability to cross a desert, cross a valley, and climb the mountain, and have an ability to dismantle the huge stones. Below I have created a representation of just how large some of the stones were (at the base):

templestone.jpg.b3fc99acb58c6ab9134c2a6567571719.jpg

If you want to understand that with numbers, that stone (in feet) is 10 X 8 X 70), probably between 400 and 450 tons.

So, this was quite a statement to the disciples, and later at the mount of Olives, they asked the Master:

“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 

See that? The question is about the end of the age AND about Jesus coming (parousias* in Greek). So, the "end" that will come (when the gospel is preached to the world) is that end that the disciples were asking about.

* (from parōn, "be present, arrive to enter into a situation") – coming alongside, especially the arrival of the owner who can deal with a situation, a "technical term with reference to the visit of a king or some other official, 'a royal visit' " (Souter) , the second coming of Christ" 

Comes from Greek for coming alongside or coming to be present - arrival - coming tends to sound like a verb, but the sense of it is more like a noun, since it is the presense that is the focus. In other words, then disciples are just asking in essence, "What is the sign of the end and your coming back to be here?"

Now all that said, I don't think it is proper to assume that all of this should be put together and conclude that if Wycliffe is able to translate the Bible into all languages by 2025 (sounds absurdly ambitious to me), that that means the "end" is that close.

If you were not able to follow, let me sum it up that the spoken gospel will reach all the non-Jewish people groups and then the end will come. However, the end spoken of, follows the great tribulation and that after the mid-point of Daniel's 70th week. The midpoint, is when the abomination of desolations if revealed, usually assumed to the THE Antichrist. So, some 3.5 years after that, then the end will come - according to Jesus.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

13 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Illuminations,   If I remember correctly we have some who say they have been very gifted in the language department.  If I was, I would be all over this.  Just in case someone could help speed it up,  I thought I would share.  :coffee:

The entire Bible has been translated into 704 languages as of September of 2020. The New Testament has been translated into an additional 1,551 languages and Bible portions or stories into 1,160 other languages, so at least some portions of the Bible have been translated into 3,415 languages according to Wycliffe Bible Translators.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

And how long do you estimate it will take before the Bible is translated in all human languages?

Apparently doesn't matter as Preached is the key

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Jesus pointed out to them, that the Temple would be destroyed - not one stone left upon another (and it later was, in 70 A.D.).

Thank you so much for forwarding that, I will  go back and read it again but this caught my eye and I think/hope you can answer a question I have and  that is how does (or does it at all?)  'the wailing wall'   figure into the 70AD thing?  

5 hours ago, BibleReader said:

The entire Bible has been translated into 704 languages as of September of 2020. The New Testament has been translated into an additional 1,551 languages and Bible portions or stories into 1,160 other languages, so at least some portions of the Bible have been translated into 3,415 languages according to Wycliffe Bible Translators.  

I think these groups should get together and do the divide and conquer thing.  Maybe that way it could be done in the next year or two.  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Room for one more hehe, the latest almost 8 yrs old  “Light Walpiri” language of a desert community of Lajamanu, on the edge of the Tanami Desert in Australia

Edited by BeyondET