IGNORED

Christ the KingPriest. How is Jesus ruling in our time?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

13 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This passage from Revelation chapter 3 is not from Job or Solomon of that time when they may have said something whether in the minds of others or in their own.

This is from the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the Victor, the Conqueror, the Ruler over the Kings of the Earth.

The one who has the keys of David the most powerful.  Who conquer and has never stopped till that time.  

Shalom, your closest friendnt.

I was asking Marilyn, but I'll accept any help I might get. However, Revelation is the LAST place to look! Revelation is confusing at best even in the Greek language, let alone in English translations!

You didn't record the first three verses of chapter 1. Let's go back and look at them, too. See, this message changed MANY hands in its transmission!

Revelation 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

In order, the message came from YHWH God (the Father),

Through Yeshua` the Messiah ("Jesus Christ"),

Through His messenger ("angel"),

to His servant Yochanan ("John"),

to His other servants, the messengers of the 7 churches!

And, if you will add a line, to the seven called-out assemblies of people themselves!

And, in relationship to them, to us in the process!

In the re-telling of this revelation of His Son, Yeshua` the Messiah, one must remember WHO is telling the original prophecy, and through WHOM He is telling it, remembering to keep all parties in the telling of the prophecy SEPARATE so as not to confuse them!

So, when we come to verses 4-6, we need to pay close attention to who is doing the original speaking.

Jesus Christ who loved us and:   Revelation 1: 4-6

4 Grace and peace to you(J) from him who is, and who was, and who is to come,

This is a reference to the author, YHWH God the Father! 

(K) and from the seven spirits[a](L) before his (God's) throne,

Now, we've added yet another link in the telling of this prophecy, the "seven spirits."

5 and from Jesus Christ,

who is the faithful witness,(a trustworthy witness) the firstborn from the dead (first to be resurrected), and the ruler (Greek: archoon = "chief, commander," not yet a King) of the kings of the earth.

This is finally mentioning the Messiah Yeshua`. He is simply a link in the transmission of the prophecy. Furthermore, this translation you're using is a bit misleading. He is not a "ruler" in the sense of being a "King"; He is a "ruler" in the sense of being a LEADER, a CHIEF, a GOVERNOR, a COMMANDER! The verse doesn't call him a "Basileus," a "King"; it just calls Him an "Archoon," a "COMMANDER," a "LEADER!"

To him who loves (Greek: agapoonti, dative, masculine, singular of a present, active participle = "is-loving") us and has freed (Greek: lusanti, aorist, active participle = has-freed") us from our sins by his blood,

6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father (Greek: kai epoieesen heemas basileian, hiereis too Theoo kai Patri autou = "and He-has-made us a-kingdon, priests to/for-the God and Father of-Him")—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen (Greek: autoo hee doxa kai to kratos eis tous aioonas toon aioonoon: ameen  = "to/for-Him the glory/fame and the strength/power/might into the ages of the ages: truth").

If you don't mind, I added the Greek right to what you had quoted.

Understand this: the word "epoieesen" is in the indicative, active, aorist tense. It is normally thought to be in the English past tense when translated; HOWEVER, when used to show a timeless truth, it is a GNOMIC AORIST translated with the English PRESENT tense and does NOT point to an actual past event but is a universal truth. I believe that's what we have here. He was NOT stressing the EVENT; he was stressing the RELATIONSHIP! It's how we "fit in" with His Kingdom! That's why the translators for the King James Authorized Version of the Bible added the words "to be" in the translation. It's the RELATIONSHIP that we have--our POSITION--in His coming Kingdom that was being stressed.

I believe we experience the same problem in other passages of Scripture, as well. The typical translation of the active aorist tense, regardless the mood, is the simple, past tense in English, but in some instances, the translation should be thought to be a timeless truth, in which case, the English PRESENT TENSE should be used instead.

Revelations 3:1-all

1 “To the angel (Greek: too aggeloo = "to-the messenger")  of the church in Sardis write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

4 Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. 5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels. 6 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

7 “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8 I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Again, I took the liberty to erase the footnote indicators. They were a bit distracting for me and were useless without the notes. Hope you don't mind.

These were seven called-out assemblies IN JOHN'S TIME to which John was instructed to pass along these messages. Their remains are still present to see right there in "Asia Minor," which is now called "Turkey."

Yochanan ("John"), who was exiled to the island of Patmos off the south-western coast of Turkey, could send God's prophecy to all seven in a circuitous route via courier, with the messenger coming back to Yochanan with the results of his mission.

These seven REAL churches were NOT "representative of seven different time periods over the last 2,000 years." They all existed in the First Century, and Yochanan knew them, and they were very dear to him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/18/2021 at 3:28 AM, Justin Adams said:

How many refuse to see that Pentecost was the beginning of the Sovereign reign of our Lord Yeshua Who has ALL POWER given Him?

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

Justin,  OR  ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THIS,  IS this where you are saying that 'Christs rule here on earth BEGINS?'  iF NOT THEN what Scripture tells us the WHEN THAT took place to make that when, now.  

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

John 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

JUSTIN PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SCRIPTURE the falls IN BETWEEN THESE TWO TO SUPPORT THE POSITION you are putting forth.  I understand WHAT you are saying but not WHY.  I can only get that from scripture.  What would you give?    (| just saw that I am only on  page 7 of what looks like 12 so if you answered this please disregard as I will see it soon).  

2  Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2  Thessalonians 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2  Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2  Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2  Thessalonians 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2  Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

2  Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2  Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming:

2  Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2  Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2  Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

WHAT IS THE STRONG delusion?  

1) that Christ comes before Satan
2) that Christ comes after Satan 

2  Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2  Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2  Thessalonians 2:14 Whereunto He called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi Marilyn, today is a sad day for me, my sister is about to be raptured to the Lord. 

She has been through a lot of trials but she always seems cheerful.

Now I have come to understand why I asked this question, the Lord wanted to tell me that this is the time for her...

That this is the time he will come and take her. 

PS

It has been a blessing to converse and we will continue soon enough. 

Hi Your closest friendnt,

Oh I do feel for you as having to say `goodbye` to your sister from this earth. yes we will meet again but it is a sad time as I`m sure you will miss her. How brave she is and such an example to us all - cheerful amid such trials.

Now we say `promoted to glory` when a believer goes to be with the Lord.

Always good to share, bro.

praying, Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, your closest friendnt.

I was asking Marilyn, but I'll accept any help I might get. However, Revelation is the LAST place to look! Revelation is confusing at best even in the Greek language, let alone in English translations!

You didn't record the first three verses of chapter 1. Let's go back and look at them, too. See, this message changed MANY hands in its transmission!

Revelation 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

In order, the message came from YHWH God (the Father),

Through Yeshua` the Messiah ("Jesus Christ"),

Through His messenger ("angel"),

to His servant Yochanan ("John"),

to His other servants, the messengers of the 7 churches!

And, if you will add a line, to the seven called-out assemblies of people themselves!

And, in relationship to them, to us in the process!

In the re-telling of this revelation of His Son, Yeshua` the Messiah, one must remember WHO is telling the original prophecy, and through WHOM He is telling it, remembering to keep all parties in the telling of the prophecy SEPARATE so as not to confuse them!

So, when we come to verses 4-6, we need to pay close attention to who is doing the original speaking.

This is a reference to the author, YHWH God the Father! 

Now, we've added yet another link in the telling of this prophecy, the "seven spirits."

This is finally mentioning the Messiah Yeshua`. He is simply a link in the transmission of the prophecy. Furthermore, this translation you're using is a bit misleading. He is not a "ruler" in the sense of being a "King"; He is a "ruler" in the sense of being a LEADER, a CHIEF, a GOVERNOR, a COMMANDER! The verse doesn't call him a "Basileus," a "King"; it just calls Him an "Archoon," a "COMMANDER," a "LEADER!"

If you don't mind, I added the Greek right to what you had quoted.

Understand this: the word "epoieesen" is in the indicative, active, aorist tense. It is normally thought to be in the English past tense when translated; HOWEVER, when used to show a timeless truth, it is a GNOMIC AORIST translated with the English PRESENT tense and does NOT point to an actual past event but is a universal truth. I believe that's what we have here. He was NOT stressing the EVENT; he was stressing the RELATIONSHIP! It's how we "fit in" with His Kingdom! That's why the translators for the King James Authorized Version of the Bible added the words "to be" in the translation. It's the RELATIONSHIP that we have--our POSITION--in His coming Kingdom that was being stressed.

I believe we experience the same problem in other passages of Scripture, as well. The typical translation of the active aorist tense, regardless the mood, is the simple, past tense in English, but in some instances, the translation should be thought to be a timeless truth, in which case, the English PRESENT TENSE should be used instead.

Again, I took the liberty to erase the footnote indicators. They were a bit distracting for me and were useless without the notes. Hope you don't mind.

These were seven called-out assemblies IN JOHN'S TIME to which John was instructed to pass along these messages. Their remains are still present to see right there in "Asia Minor," which is now called "Turkey."

Yochanan ("John"), who was exiled to the island of Patmos off the south-western coast of Turkey, could send God's prophecy to all seven in a circuitous route via courier, with the messenger coming back to Yochanan with the results of his mission.

These seven REAL churches were NOT "representative of seven different time periods over the last 2,000 years." They all existed in the First Century, and Yochanan knew them, and they were very dear to him.

Revelation 3:1 

King James Bible
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

***John was instructed to write this letter to the Angel of the church of Sardis. 

"And unto the Angel of the Church of Sardis". 

In other words we may say the same thing as we usually do today.

"And unto the Bishop of the Church of Sardis".

Or "unto the head Minister of the church of Sardis". 

In this instructions we do not have the name as a name is not so important. 

What is the most important is that the letter be received by the Bishop the head of the Church of Sardis. 

The person who delivers the letter when he gets to the church in Sardis he has to ask to personally deliver the letter to the head overseer of the Church of Sardis. 

The Bishop who will receive the letter knows who is John because they were contemporaries and he knows that John cannot come in person to deliver the letter because he is detained in the ungly island of Patmos. 

This letter is of paramount importance and the Bishop should have the ethic to acknowledge the recieving of the letter by writing himself a letter, an acknowledgment that he recieved the letter on this date and time in this place by this named individual. 

And in that letter with his Greetings to John he has to identify himself by his name and by his title and the dates and time and place that he personally has received the letter and by whom.

The courier may , its possible to have stayed in Sardis for a few days and may have been a witness of the Bishop reading the letter to the Congregation. 

And he may have asked many things about how John was doing.

They must have known who was John very well, that he was one of the disciple of Jesus Christ and they could have have a copy of John's Gospel and John must have been teaching to them about our Lord.

It seems that all seven churches must have similar experiences and knew John very well.

51 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Revelation 3:1 

King James Bible
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

***John was instructed to write this letter to the Angel of the church of Sardis. 

"And unto the Angel of the Church of Sardis". 

In other words we may say the same thing as we usually do today.

"And unto the Bishop of the Church of Sardis".

Or "unto the head Minister of the church of Sardis". 

In this instructions we do not have the name as a name is not so important. 

What is the most important is that the letter be received by the Bishop the head of the Church of Sardis. 

The person who delivers the letter when he gets to the church in Sardis he has to ask to personally deliver the letter to the head overseer of the Church of Sardis. 

The Bishop who will receive the letter knows who is John because they were contemporaries and he knows that John cannot come in person to deliver the letter because he is detained in the ungly island of Patmos. 

This letter is of paramount importance and the Bishop should have the ethic to acknowledge the recieving of the letter by writing himself a letter, an acknowledgment that he recieved the letter on this date and time in this place by this named individual. 

And in that letter with his Greetings to John he has to identify himself by his name and by his title and the dates and time and place that he personally has received the letter and by whom.

The courier may , its possible to have stayed in Sardis for a few days and may have been a witness of the Bishop reading the letter to the Congregation. 

And the Bishop and others may have asked many things about how John was doing.

They must have known who was John very well, that he was one of the disciple of Jesus Christ and they could have have a copy of John's Gospel and John must have been teaching to them about our Lord.

It seems that all seven churches must have similar experiences and knew John very well.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:31 PM, Marilyn C said:

That is fine, for it helps to understand each other more.

`Thief in the night.` The Lord says that to the church of Sardis. (Rev. 3: 3) If they don`t watch then the Lord will come upon them suddenly. `Not watching,` reveals that they will go into the trib, and miss the rapture.

This phrase is also in 1 Thess. 5: 2, revealing that the early believers knew that the Lord would come that way to those not watching. However Paul reveals by the Holy Spirit that the believers are not in darkness that this day should overtake them as a thief.

Now you wrote this and I`m not sure where the words in bold came from.

`I will come like a thief in the night and give everyone accordingly.` 

regards Marilyn.

Revelation 3:1-6

1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch,

I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

* Hi Marilyn and greetings to you.

I revisited my post and I see what you brought to my attention. The later part of verse three is as follows.

I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

The Lord did say that and  only to the Angel of the church of Sardis. 

(I incorrectly said "in the night").

When the scripture says "at a time you would not know". 

The other misquote is that the Lord is giving this warning only to the Angel of the church of Sardis and not as I thought that it was intended to include the congregation of that church. 

I stand corrected in that.

The Lord making the distinguish between the Angel of the Church and the faithful in the Congregation he is giving this warning only to the Angel. 

The languish is in the singular, the Lord is addressing only the Angel of the church of Sardis.

In verse 4, which begins with the words " Thou has a few names in Sardis"....the Lord is addressing the Angel of the church in Sardis. 

The Lord is telling the Angel that some believers in the church of the Angel of Sardis "have not defiled their garments". 

By saying that the Lord let the Angel know that his garments are defiled. 

(4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.)

In verse five the Lord speaks inclusive to both the Angel and to the rest of the members of the congregation who are in the same standing as the Angel.

That if turned away from what they are doing and start doing the right thing as per his instructions when they will conquered their faults then he will also clothed in white raiment and...and ...

By saying that the Lord will accept their repentance everything is happening during their life time here while they are still living and not after their death ay some future time. 

(5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.)

about the mentioning of trib and rapture there is nothing to suggest anything like that has been mention in the text. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 6/23/2021 at 2:42 AM, Marilyn C said:

So glad that some truths that I have shared have inspired you. Thank you for that encouragement. 

So singing a wrong note, ay. Or perhaps a different song?

So the reference to Rev. 11: 17 reveals that at the end of the trib, the Lord begins to reign over the nations. However at the beginning of the trib, we see that He rules in judgment with the 1/3rds and on to the end of the trib.

I see ruling as judgment - ruling to life or death, while reigning is as a wise King making decisions for those in His kingdom.

I know the words can be used interchangeably but there is a difference in relation to the context. 

Could be wrong. What do you think?

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Actually, the Greek words are less interchangeable. It's the TRANSLATIONS of the words that are "used interchangeably."

REIGN:

The two main Greek words are ...
A. basileuoo (936), used 13 times in the 17 times that "reign" is used in the KJV translation., meaning "to reign; to be king," and
B. sumbasileuoo (4821) meaning "to reign with," used twice (in 1 Corinthians 4:8 and 2 Timothy 2:12). The Greek word ...
C. basileuoo was translated 13 times as "reign" The other two times, were translated from
D. heegemonia (2231), meaning "leadership; governorship," (in Luke 3:1) and from
archoo (757), meaning "to be the first to do (anything); to begin," in Romans 15:12.

RULE:

The Greek word ...
A. poimainoo (4165) was translated 4 times as "rule" out of 16 times. It means "to tend as a shepherd; to herd; to lead." The Greek word ...
B. kanoon (2583), from which many believe our word "canon" came, was also translated 4 times as "rule" (a noun) meaning "a rule or a standard." The Greek word ...
C. archoo (757), meaning "to be the first to do (anything); to begin," was translated as "rule" once (in Mark 10:42) out of 16 times the word "rule" is used, but of the other 8 times, once it was the word ...
D. archee (746) which is the noun form of archoo (in 1 Corinthians 15:24), meaning "from the beginning; the initial point." Once, it was the word ...
E. brabeuetoo (1018) (in Colossians 3:15), which means "to act as an umpire; to arbitrate." Twice it was the word ...
F. prosteemi (4291), which means "to preside over; to stand before" (found in 1 Timothy 3:5 and 5:17, and three times it was the word ...
G. heegeomai (2233), meaning "to lead or command" (in Hebrews 13:7, 17, and 24).

(This is not taking into account words formed from "rule" and "reign," such as "ruled.")

The Hebrew words used in the "Old Testament" [the TANAKH, which is an acronym for "Torah, Navi'iym (Prophets), and K'tuviym (Writings)]," has similar breakdowns with the main word for "reign" being 4427 maalakh (found 116 times) meaning to be king/queen; to reign," and the main word for "rule" being 4910 maashal (found 24 times) meaning "to rule; to have dominion over; to dominate," and it's more like "to dominate" when one considers the first location this word is found is Genesis 1:18. Four times (in Deuteronomy 15:6 twice and in Judges 9:2 twice) it was arrantly translated as "reign," but that's on the translator. At most, it should be said to mean "to govern" as in "to control."

One must ALWAYS check the original languages to be sure one knows the truth about what he or she believes about the Scriptures one uses to form doctrine.

On 6/23/2021 at 2:42 AM, Marilyn C said:

So glad that some truths that I have shared have inspired you. Thank you for that encouragement. 

So singing a wrong note, ay. Or perhaps a different song?

So the reference to Rev. 11: 17 reveals that at the end of the trib, the Lord begins to reign over the nations. However at the beginning of the trib, we see that He rules in judgment with the 1/3rds and on to the end of the trib.

I see ruling as judgment - ruling to life or death, while reigning is as a wise King making decisions for those in His kingdom.

I know the words can be used interchangeably but there is a difference in relation to the context. 

Could be wrong. What do you think?

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn C, thank you for your post, it is good to read.

I can understand the points you are making and I am bless from your post, I am enlightened.

You have everything in the right order. 

This is amazing. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Christ the KingPriest. How is Jesus ruling in our time?

This pandemic is a way wherein we can see Jesus reigning. This is to discipline chiefly the Church. After all, most of the believers, although the aver that Jesus' coming is close, they live as if Jesus never will come again; as if they never will die and account for their acts in the court of Christ (Rom 14:10; 2Cor 5:10).