• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

10 minutes ago, Starise said:

This means I'll no longer be able to stick my tongue out at people in public.

No, you'll still be able to do that. It just means folks will notice you are sticking your tongue out at them in public if you're not wearing a mask. That might take some of the fun out of it.

I'll add that I cheated on the whole Covid thing. Someone from our company brought the bug back from China at the beginning of this mess and we all caught it. Fortunately no one was seriously ill. We all thought it was just another "travelers' flu" you pick up on flights at the time . . . turns out it was Covid. So I caught the thing, and got the vaccine just in case. Might as well cover the bases. I've been in the military and I've seen what infectious disease can do. I have older relatives living in Europe and elsewhere and would like to see them, preferably before I need to attend their funeral. I'm not going to have someone tell me I can't travel over something as silly as a vaccine despite what the "antivaxxers" have to say. That's my take on it, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, walla299 said:

I'm not going to have someone tell me I can't travel over something as silly as a vaccine despite what the "antivaxxers" have to say.

Don't you mean, the "vaxxers"? I think you are in agreement with the "antivaxxers" with that statement.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

6 minutes ago, walla299 said:

No, you'll still be able to do that. It just means folks will notice you are sticking your tongue out at them in public if you're not wearing a mask. That might take some of the fun out of it.

I'll add that I cheated on the whole Covid thing. Someone from our company brought the bug back from China at the beginning of this mess and we all caught it. Fortunately no one was seriously ill. We all thought it was just another "travelers' flu" you pick up on flights at the time . . . turns out it was Covid. So I caught the thing, and got the vaccine just in case. Might as well cover the bases. I've been in the military and I've seen what infectious disease can do. I have older relatives living in Europe and elsewhere and would like to see them, preferably before I need to attend their funeral. I'm not going to have someone tell me I can't travel over something as silly as a vaccine despite what the "antivaxxers" have to say. That's my take on it, anyway.

I think I might have had it prior too but can't confirm it because I never went to get tested. I had this period where I had a scratchy throat with these little mini coughs going on for at least a month. My co worker next door had the same thing. While I do get sinus and throat issues in the early Spring from pollen, this wasn't during pollen season. I really don't know and probably never will because I am not going to get tested for it. 

Almost certainly travel will be restricted for those without the vaccine. I got the vax. No worries here.

6 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Don't you mean, the "vaxxers"? I think you are in agreement with the "antivaxxers" with that statement.

I meant that I am not in agreement with the anti-vaxxers screaming about changing our DNA and all the rest of it. There are plans in Europe being bandied about for "vaccine passports" or other forms of verification to show proof you've been vaccinated. I'm not in favor of that sort of thing, but if someone gets sick or passes away I may need to get past someone's immigration to enter the country to either visit them or attend a funeral. I'm hoping for the visit part rather than the other, needless to say.

I might as well mention that in my area many businesses still have their "Face coverings required to enter" signs up, and I'm okay with that. Its their business and they can set the rules for access. I've still got masks and its no big deal to put one on to go grocery shopping if that's what I need to do.

7 minutes ago, walla299 said:

I meant that I am not in agreement with the anti-vaxxers screaming about changing our DNA and all the rest of it. There are plans in Europe being bandied about for "vaccine passports" or other forms of verification to show proof you've been vaccinated. I'm not in favor of that sort of thing, but if someone gets sick or passes away I may need to get past someone's immigration to enter the country.

Gotcha. I've got a couple of friends that have bought that conspiracy stuff. I left Facebook a few months ago so I don't see that stuff any more. I'm not an "anti-vaxxer" regarding most vaccines, but I've avoided these, partly because I don't think this virus is all that deadly, and partly because I've seen too many problems with them. It's the ol' risk/reward formula for me. Also, I've had high blood pressure for over a decade (around 160 over 105) and take no medication for it. The clotting thing precludes me from messing with being a beta tester for these things. 

Meanwhile, my wife almost died of the flu a couple of years ago. Four weeks of hell on earth. I'm the one that took care of her and never got the least bit sick, and that's sans flu shot. I compare all this to Paul and the viper. He lived his life, and when it bit him he just shook it off. The good Lord will take me at the time of His choosing. I'm 67 and ready at any time. I try to live every day like it's my last, but prepare for the future.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

I think I might have had it prior too but can't confirm it because I never went to get tested. I had this period where I had a scratchy throat with these little mini coughs going on for at least a month. My co worker next door had the same thing. While I do get sinus and throat issues in the early Spring from pollen, this wasn't during pollen season. I really don't know and probably never will because I am not going to get tested for it. 

Almost certainly travel will be restricted for those without the vaccine. I got the vax. No worries here.

Yeah, that's how it started for everyone where I work. One of the folks came back with a cough and days later it was like everyone was coughing. Then they started freaking out on the news here because there were Covid cases in our area. That part was almost funny as I think back on it. The media acted like they didn't know half China seems to attend classes at Arizona State University here, and lots of international flights come through the airport. So, cases were not a surprise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, walla299 said:

Yeah, that's how it started for everyone where I work. One of the folks came back with a cough and days later it was like everyone was coughing. Then they started freaking out on the news here because there were Covid cases in our area. That part was almost funny as I think back on it. The media acted like they didn't know half China seems to attend classes at Arizona State University here, and lots of international flights come through the airport. So, cases were not a surprise.

My brother in law works at the Phoenix airport. This may explain why he's scared to death of this thing.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If it were not for the hacking and trouble in Israel, I'm sure we'd all still be required to wear a mask, vaccinated or not.   I have a feeling this is just a way to deflect attention off the real issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Everyone is going to be asking. hey no masker you got your card on you I have to see it before you enter the store. regardless if its about 7 yr trib i think that will happen being frisked for a vac card lol.

I was wondering how that is going to play out. Are they going to have an employee at the door checking people? And what happens if the person doesn't have a mask and they walk in and haven't been vaccinated? Even before this there have been a few who would not wear a mask. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

If God had wanted you to know He would have told you :D:whistling: