• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/25/2021 at 6:01 AM, Diaste said:

There are many other examples of this in the past two millennia. If Jesus is ruling he's doing a terrible job.

After the second coming Who is Jesus ruling? Only believers, everyone else has been judged. Same as today, he rules over his people believers

He is our king, a King rules over his  own people. Our King is loving and patient wanting for all to come to him, before he comes and judges 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

17 hours ago, Diaste said:

No. No city. 

?????

On 5/26/2021 at 4:10 PM, WilliamL said:

Not a single verse in Scripture supports this statement.

Rev 20:4-6, The first resurrection is Jesus in 33 AD, not some future resurrection.

These verses show souls from the first resurrection living and reigning with Jesus.

They are living and reigning now, with Jesus from heaven.

------

One problem with pre-mill or pre-trib is that there are too many resurrections. There are only 2, 1 Cor 15:23-24.

Some say that the 1st resurrection of Rev 20 is actually the third, fourth, fifth, or sixth resurrection, depending on who you are talking to.

This disregards the literal meaning of the first resurrection as Jesus and changes the meaning into something other than the resurrection of Jesus into a future resurrection.

This distortion helps hide the fact that the dragon nation is Rome, by making the mill timeline future and not past.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,637
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, abcdef said:

?????

You know, NJ. The city that comes down from God, the one adorned like a bride?

8 hours ago, Jaydub said:

After the second coming Who is Jesus ruling? Only believers, everyone else has been judged. Same as today, he rules over his people believers

He is our king, a King rules over his  own people. Our King is loving and patient wanting for all to come to him, before he comes and judges 

That's not how Zech 14 reads.  I do believe, off the top of my head, Rev 20 says that the ones who got the victory over the beast rule and reign WITH Christ 1000 years.

Zech 14 says that all the survivors of those who came against Jerusalem, after the battle where Jesus touches down on the mount of Olives and fight the armies, have to go up year after year to worship the Lord on the feast of tabernacles.

So it looks to me like believers in Jesus rule with Christ over the survivors of the war of rebellion at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well said and I agree. Your last paragraph brings up something I cannot wrap my mind around? Perhaps you have some thoughts?

1 Corinthians 15:26 (KJV) The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. Here's a short commentary:

last enemy … death. Christ has broken the power of Satan, who held the power of death (Heb. 2:14), at the cross. But Satan will not be permanently divested of his weapon of death until the end of the Millennium (see notes on Rev. 20:1–10). At that point, having fulfilled completely the prophecy of Ps. 8:6 (v. 27a), Christ then will deliver the kingdom to His Father, and the eternal glory of Rev. 21, 22 will begin.

John MacArthur Jr., ed., The MacArthur Study Bible, electronic ed. (Nashville, TN: Word Pub., 1997), 1756.

This raises a theological question in my mind? If [all] death is destroyed, is there a relationship also to the "second death?" In other words, would those dead and death be annihilated? Is this death henceforth, from this point forward: or does it include all death?

Good questions, but I'm in the same boat and can't wrap my head around those things either.  :)  Might be a good topic for another thread though. 

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

You know, NJ. The city that comes down from God, the one adorned like a bride?

I'm not sure what you are saying here. I don't want to guess about what you believe or the point that you are trying to make.

----

The new Jerusalem comes down from God after death is destroyed. 

The mill period is before death is destroyed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

14 hours ago, Diaste said:

That's not how Zech 14 reads.  I do believe, off the top of my head, Rev 20 says that the ones who got the victory over the beast rule and reign WITH Christ 1000 years.

I agree, That would be the Church

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand year

who has been given authority to Judge?

1 Corinthians 6:2

2Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? 

The Church

I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

who has and is being persecuted for his Word.   The Church

They had not worshiped the beast or its image

who doesn't worship the beast.   The Church

and who doesn't have the mark of the beast

The Church

who are the survivors in Zech 14? Believers, everyone else is judged 

8 hours ago, Jaydub said:

I agree, That would be the Church

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand year

who has been given authority to Judge?

1 Corinthians 6:2

2Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? 

The Church

I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God.

who has and is being persecuted for his Word.   The Church

They had not worshiped the beast or its image

who doesn't worship the beast.   The Church

and who doesn't have the mark of the beast

The Church

who are the survivors in Zech 14? Believers, everyone else is judged 

"Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles." - Zech 14:16

I don't think that's the church.

The group of believers rule WITH Jesus over the world...

"the Lord’s people will judge the world" as you pointed out.

Are you making the point that Jesus is ruling now over the church and everyone else has been judged?

20 hours ago, abcdef said:

I'm not sure what you are saying here. I don't want to guess about what you believe or the point that you are trying to make.

----

The new Jerusalem comes down from God after death is destroyed. 

The mill period is before death is destroyed.

That could be the case but I feel more info is needed to define the true order. Revelation 21 more than suggests the city is on earth before the fire from heaven consumes the iteration of Gog and Magog.

I guess the point is: Where are all the those things we should be seeing if we are in the millennium?

• Thumbs Up 1