• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Whyme said:

Its unwise to allow the integrity of our voting system to be compromised by non citizens T

Do you have any prove that non citizens have voted?  You do know you have to be register to vote. You just can't show up at the poles and be allowed to vote.  You all do know how this works don't you?

4 hours ago, kingdombrat said:

There should be a system in place where a Voter has to prove if they're a Citizen or not.

There is already a system in place for that. When one goes to register to vote.  My state you need a SS number. You can only get an SS number if you are a citizen. So as I said. There are already laws in place for this sort of thing. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't agree. What the Republicans are trying to do is prevent fraudulent voting. I shouldn't be able to vote five times.

Yes, that's great and all, but the issue is that it's not a real problem that needs voter suppression laws to fix.  Out of 150 million plus votes cast, there were maybe 50 cases in the entire country.  The true purpose of the laws is to cheat and steal elections.  Republicans can't win elections without extreme gerrymandering and stopping minority voters.  It's a sad and pathetic attempt and turning the tide of demographic change in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Whyme said:

What kind of laws suppress voters? Democrats have said that requiring ID is meant to suppress voters but thats not true. Everyone has ID, you cant function without it. You cant get a bank account or cash your check. The only reason they want to allow anyone without ID to vote is to corrupt the system. I saw a video where a guy went around randomly asking minorities if they had ID or had a problem getting one, they all had ID and said they had no trouble getting one and everyone they knew had ID as well. The only people who dont have valid ID are illegals who are not allowed to vote anyway.

Why would we undermine the integrity of our voting system by allowing anyone to vote? Thats very careless. Maybe terrorists can vote too. Could you imagine if we didn't require ID for cashing checks? ID is required to counter theft, and so is the Voter ID laws meant to counter theft.

They don't just want ID laws. (which most states already have) But they also want to limit mail, early in-person voting.  Limit  hours. Eliminate drive-through voting.  And a few other things that I don't have time to look up right now.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Did you vote five times? Were you able to do that?

As a footnote, I have not had an ID for many years. In fact, I do not know that I have even been asked to show ID. yet I still vote. A few times I have voted by mail, and I never had to prove who I was, I could have stolen a ballot out of a mailbox and used it. I think that our voting security is far from effective, and evil people will take advantage of imperfections. That does not mean only Democrats. However, it does seem to me only Democrats who want secure voting safeguards, why is that?

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

My state you need a SS number. You can only get an SS number if you are a citizen.

From the SS website:

"Generally, only noncitizens authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report a person’s wages to the government and to determine a person’s eligibility for Social Security benefits. You need a Social Security number to work, collect Social Security benefits, and receive other government services."

5 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

Republicans can't win elections without extreme gerrymandering

In most states, the districting is set up by the state legislature, is there some reason to think that Republicans benefit more the Democrats from that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Days Won:  10

On 5/30/2021 at 8:50 PM, LadyKay said:

They don't just want ID laws. (which most states already have) But they also want to limit mail, early in-person voting.  Limit  hours. Eliminate drive-through voting.  And a few other things that I don't have time to look up right now.  

Democrats dont want to require ID for voting but why? Not requiring ID means that any body can vote. Thats foolish dont you think?

Edited by Whyme

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Did you vote five times? Were you able to do that? Do you have any prove that anyone else voted five times? You all are just making stuff up here with nothing to back it up. Yeah no one should be able to vote 5 times. Yet that didn't even happen?  There for the laws that are already in place are enough to prevent someone from voting five times. And if it dose show that Mr. Joe Voter voted 5 times. Well then that shows that the laws that are already in place caught Mr. Joe Voter's illegal voting. Therefore the laws that are already in place are doing their job.  

I didn't vote five times, but I could go to people and ask for the ballots that had been mailed to them. Then I could vote on those ballots and mail them in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

Yes, that's great and all, but the issue is that it's not a real problem that needs voter suppression laws to fix.  Out of 150 million plus votes cast, there were maybe 50 cases in the entire country.  The true purpose of the laws is to cheat and steal elections.  Republicans can't win elections without extreme gerrymandering and stopping minority voters.  It's a sad and pathetic attempt and turning the tide of demographic change in the country.

It's not easy to catch people voting fraudulently. That doesn't mean they aren't doing it. Why are you afraid of laws that would make it more difficult to vote fraudulently?

• Thumbs Up 1