debrakay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

There are a lot of different threads about the ongoing election audits in some US states.  The moderators want to keep the topic on the specific state so I thought maybe we could just have a conversation about election integrity and election fraud for all states. As Christians we are instructed to:

ROMANS 13:1-7 (NKJV)
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. 

This is the political practice to be used by Christians but those who do not hold the same values and ideals will lie, steal, cheat, defraud, and do whatever they can to make sure they are in power.  Many times throughout scripture God allowed an evil King or Ruler in order to teach a lesson to or punish the people. 

All throughout biblical and secular history people have rebelled against tyranny but lived peacefully under good leadership.

I Samuel 15:35 (NKJV)
And Samuel went no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul, and the Lord regretted that He had made Saul king over Israel.

Jeremiah 30:9 (NKJV)
But they shall serve the Lord their God, And David their king, Whom I will raise up for them.

II Samuel 5:12 (NKJV)
So David knew that the Lord had established him as king over Israel, and that He had exalted His kingdom for the sake of His people Israel.

Jeremiah 23:5 (NKJV)
"Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.

I firmly believe God has always had his hand on the leadership of nations throughout time.  Sometimes it is the hand of love and sometimes it is the hand of wrath.  

Hosea 3:5 (NKJV)
Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They shall fear the Lord and His goodness in the latter days.

With all of this said, I believe that mail-in voting and lack of voter identification verification has destroyed fair elections in the US since the 1990's.

Oregon, for example, has been driven into the ground by Democratic rule since 1987. Take a look at Portland to see what has happened to our beautiful state due to lack of leadership. Before then the state had a good mixture between Republican and Democrat governors for decades.  Mail-in voting in Oregon has been ongoing since 1981 with every single county going to only mail-in voting in 1998.  Since 1987 Oregon has had no Republican governor or any other party but Democrat.  The races are always very tight but somehow the Democrats always manage to come out the winner.  5 0r 6 liberal counties out of a total of 36 counties rule the state by a very narrow margin every single time.

I believe without 100% voter identification verification and intense election counting scrutiny, all elections, in all states, are open to fraud.  Until I see improvement in how elections are handled, I do not plan on keeping silent.  I carry a driver's license to prove I have the legal privilege to drive.  I would love to be able to carry a voter's license to prove that I have the legal right to vote in US elections. 

Edited by debrakay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

10 hours ago, debrakay said:

I believe without 100% voter identification verification and intense election counting scrutiny, all elections, in all states, are open to fraud.  Until I see improvement in how elections are handled, I do not plan on keeping silent.  I carry a driver's license to prove I have the legal privilege to drive.  I would love to be able to carry a voter's license to prove that I have the legal right to vote in US elections. 

I agree, but in some quarters requiring a voter ID is considered racist :rolleyes:

@SavedByGrace1981 I guess I totally do not understand the definition of racist! Is my driver's license a race card too? Something in this world has gone totally off the edge.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

11 hours ago, debrakay said:

@SavedByGrace1981 I guess I totally do not understand the definition of racist! Is my driver's license a race card too? Something in this world has gone totally off the edge.

noun

a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

adjective

of or like racists or racism: racist policies; racist attitudes.

Racist definition according to dictionary.com

Critics of voter ID laws sometimes argue that requiring said IDs is "racist", though the logic behind such arguments is unclear. I'm not aware of any such laws that even mention race. In other words, the laws apply to everyone, equally. Regardless of race.

Then they may argue that " . . . it's more difficult for a person of _______ race" to get an  ID.  A statement like that - in my opinion - perfectly illustrates the "soft bigotry of low expectations".  It could even be said that a person uttering such a thing could be called  . . . . . (wait for it) a racist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In Oklahoma all you have to have to get a voter I'd card is your social security card. One does have to have either that card or a picture I'd card to vote.   I don't know anyone without a social security card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good!  I don't fit into any of those definitions.  It's heart breaking that any normal human being would think like that or have that kind of doctrine in their lives but of course there are some very cold heartless people in this evil world.  I would think that anyone who can prove they are citizens of the country would get a Voter ID card if ever instituted.  It sure seems like anyone can get a driver's license.  It seems like people throw around the word racist like they throw around any dirty word.  Any kind of derogatory words should be cut out of everyone's vocabulary.  I raised my children with the lesson that using derogatory words, name calling. and cussing shows others how unintelligent you are because you can't think of an intelligent word to use. 

Thanks for sharing with me.  No one else want's to talk about this topic and I totally get it.  We've all had plenty of exposure to this in the past few years and are tired of the divisiveness it all causes.  I told someone the other day I feel like America has gone backwards about 5 or 6 decades in so many areas.  That could be because there are a couple of generations that have not been taught about or exposed to the past history and sins  of the nation.  The "hide it under a rock and it will disappear" mentality.  They are just learning about all of the terrible things that happened in America in the past 400+ years and they are really mad.  Lots of it upsets me too but we all know you cannot change the past but you can make the future better.  But not with terrible treatment of others or with violence of any kind, actions or words.  

Blessings to you!

• Loved it! 1

13 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

That's a very bad policy.  All foreigners who are legally working in the United States of America have a social security number and a social security card.  Just like when I worked in Korea I had, in addition of course to my USA social security number and USA social security card, a Korean social security number and a Korean social security card.  But, of course, I was not allowed to vote in Korean elections. 

I do have a problem with people voting that are not legal citizens.  I'm sure you knew you would not be allowed to vote in the Korean elections and no problem with that.  Just like a driver's license does not prove one is a citizen.  With all of the technology we have now there should be a way to make sure everyone voting is a legal citizen.  It seems there could just as easily be a way to give a SS number to someone not a citizen that designates they do not have voting rights.  I just can't believe it's that complicated.  :th_frusty:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

6 minutes ago, debrakay said:

I do have a problem with people voting that are not legal citizens.  I'm sure you knew you would not be allowed to vote in the Korean elections and no problem with that.  Just like a driver's license does not prove one is a citizen.  With all of the technology we have now there should be a way to make sure everyone voting is a legal citizen.  It seems there could just as easily be a way to give a SS number to someone not a citizen that designates they do not have voting rights.  I just can't believe it's that complicated.  :th_frusty:

Right---it is not complicated, but certain folks wish to expand the voting population to suit their agenda.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/20/2021 at 1:24 PM, debrakay said:

I firmly believe God has always had his hand on the leadership of nations throughout time.  Sometimes it is the hand of love and sometimes it is the hand of wrath.

I don't believe this.  Sometimes the enemy puts people in power.  For example, people like Hitler, Stalin, and other evil leaders in world history.  So, no God does not always choose leaders.  In reality, he wants to be the leader as shown by the Israelites when choosing a king.  God wants to be the leaders in peoples lives, but he doesn't pick every leader of all of the countries of the world, but at times he does have a special mission appointed even for ungodly leaders like Cyrus the Great or Nebuchadnezzar.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/20/2021 at 1:24 PM, debrakay said:

With all of this said, I believe that mail-in voting and lack of voter identification verification has destroyed fair elections in the US since the 1990's.

Just curious.  Did you have a concern about mail-in voting during the 2016 Presidential election, or is it only when democrats win.  I'm not making any assumptions or anything.  Just curious.