• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I don't believe this.  Sometimes the enemy puts people in power.  For example, people like Hitler, Stalin, and other evil leaders in world history.  So, no God does not always choose leaders.  In reality, he wants to be the leader as shown by the Israelites when choosing a king.  God wants to be the leaders in peoples lives, but he doesn't pick every leader of all of the countries of the world, but at times he does have a special mission appointed even for ungodly leaders like Cyrus the Great or Nebuchadnezzar.

What do you do with this bit?

Rom. 13:1 (NAS20S)   Every   person is to be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

That's a very bad policy.  All foreigners who are legally working in the United States of America have a social security number and a social security card.  Just like when I worked in Korea I had, in addition of course to my USA social security number and USA social security card, a Korean social security number and a Korean social security card.  But, of course, I was not allowed to vote in Korean elections. 

There are different kinds of SS cards. People here that are not citizens have cards that show them as non citizens in some fashion. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Rom. 13:1 (NAS20S)   Every   person is to be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;

This is a generic and broad statement by Paul in what is a common sense concept.  However, lol, our country, the USA, which most Christians believe the creation of which is ordained by God was created by people resisting authorities.  

20 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

This is a generic and broad statement by Paul in what is a common sense concept.  However, lol, our country, the USA, which most Christians believe the creation of which is ordained by God was created by people resisting authorities.  

I proof texted, but it is indicative of the whole of scripture. There is no power or authority that isn't allowed by God to exist. Even whatever measure of authority that Lucifer has is given to him by God. To say differently makes God less than God. To say so, places some power above His power and authority.

Dan. 4:13 (ESVS)   “I saw in the visions of my head as I lay in bed, and behold, a watcher, a holy one, came down from heaven. 14 He proclaimed aloud and said thus: ‘Chop down the tree and lop off its branches, strip off its leaves and scatter its fruit. Let the beasts flee from under it and the birds from its branches. 15 But leave the stump of its roots in the earth, bound with a band of iron and bronze, amid the tender grass of the field. Let him be wet with the dew of heaven. Let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth. 16 Let his mind be changed from a man’s, and let a beast’s mind be given to him; and let seven periods of time pass over him. 17 The sentence is by the decree of the watchers, the decision by the word of the holy ones, to the end that the living may know that the Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will and sets over it the lowliest of men.’

Daniel 4.32 and you will be driven away from mankind, and your dwelling place will be with the animals of the field. You will be given grass to eat like cattle, and seven periods of time will pass over you until you recognize that the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind and bestows it on whomever He wishes.’

Edited by Alive
added stuff

7 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

Just curious.  Did you have a concern about mail-in voting during the 2016 Presidential election, or is it only when democrats win.  I'm not making any assumptions or anything.  Just curious.

There was fraud in the 2016 election, however they misjudged how many votes Trump would get and could not overcome the huge numbers.  That was what stopping the counting was all about in 2020.  They had to know how many extra ballots they needed to win. Some day it will be shown in a documentary that all the people will wonder how they got away with it. Probably concerning the downfall of the greatest Republic that ever existed.

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

I proof texted, but it is indicative of the whole of scripture. There is no power or authority that isn't allowed by God to exist. Even whatever measure of authority that Lucifer has is given to him by God. To say differently makes God less than God. To say so, places some power above His power and authority.

I would say though, God did let the people choose not him at the tower of Babel.  And the ten northern tribes.  He does let us choose even when it is not in our best interests.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, other one said:

There was fraud in the 2016 election, however they misjudged how many votes Trump would get and could not overcome the huge numbers.  That was what stopping the counting was all about in 2020.  They had to know how many extra ballots they needed to win. Some day it will be shown in a documentary that all the people will wonder how they got away with it. Probably concerning the downfall of the greatest Republic that ever existed.

I don't mean any offense, but you do realize that according to Trump's own Cyber Security administrator that this election was the most secure in US history?  In addition, conservative judges threw out about 60 or so cases about fake fraud in the 2020 election.  All I can say is what the judges said in those cases "Do you have proof?"  The FBI and attorney general barr, a major supplicant of Trump, also said, the election was secure or that there wasn't any fraud to the extent of changing election results.  It's more of the Big Lie.  There is no proof, and it was sad that the traitors on January 6th fell for the Big Lie and a lot of them are now paying the price.  People have to think for themselves and not be hoodwinked by snake oil salesmen with an agenda.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, Alive said:

I've read a commentator who argued that this is an interpolation, though he fully admits it's a minority position. Unfortunately he took his site down so I can't link to it anymore. Part of the premise is that much of the gospels and NT writings are very subversive of the prevailing Roman culture and related idolatry, so then this bit about being subject to the authorities seemed a bit out of place. I'm not particularly swayed by that, but it was an interesting take. I know that the early Christians routinely paid their taxes to the emperor without complaining and were generally well regarded by the regular people, even if some of their customs were viewed as odd.

4 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I've read a commentator who argued that this is an interpolation, though he fully admits it's a minority position. Unfortunately he took his site down so I can't link to it anymore. Part of the premise is that much of the gospels and NT writings are very subversive of the prevailing Roman culture and related idolatry, so then this bit about being subject to the authorities seemed a bit out of place. I'm not particularly swayed by that, but it was an interesting take. I know that the early Christians routinely paid their taxes to the emperor without complaining and were generally well regarded by the regular people, even if some of their customs were viewed as odd.

Although I do think Paul had Rome in mind as a witness and a desire to maintain a good standing with Rome as a sect of Judaism, I suspect Paul also knew his scriptures well and how saturated they are with the truth of God's authority over all earthly powers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

1 hour ago, Amigo42 said:

I don't mean any offense, but you do realize that according to Trump's own Cyber Security administrator that this election was the most secure in US history?  In addition, conservative judges threw out about 60 or so cases about fake fraud in the 2020 election.  All I can say is what the judges said in those cases "Do you have proof?"  The FBI and attorney general barr, a major supplicant of Trump, also said, the election was secure or that there wasn't any fraud to the extent of changing election results.  It's more of the Big Lie.  There is no proof, and it was sad that the traitors on January 6th fell for the Big Lie and a lot of them are now paying the price.  People have to think for themselves and not be hoodwinked by snake oil salesmen with an agenda.

In a sane, law abiding world, you would be correct. Can anyone argue however (given the environment of the last decade or so) that we live in a law abiding world where laws are applied to everyone, equally?

If no, then anything is possible.  If yes, then I have a bridge for sale . . .