• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

This has come up before on this site.  I think yoga as in the stretching and all that is fine and even beneficial.  But the spiritual and meditation aspects of it are no bueno.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

I have a lot of friends who do the exercises only and that's fine.

I agree. This is not something I normally participate in, but there is nothing wrong with the physical exercises.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Stay far away. There are many other ways to get in shape. As a westerner why do I need the eastern religions to help me get in shape?

I don't. We are smart enough to get in shape on our own. I don't need exercise lessons from gurus.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

8 hours ago, Jillheil said:

I’ve been doing yoga for years. Even have it on here as an interest of mine. Could yoga be the reason I have so many negative things going on in my life?

Indeed. Its connected as I laid out in a former post to Hindu gods and Buddhist spiritism. Yoga means “yoke,” yoking you to these spirits. 

I’d advise you renounce Yoga its spirituality and spirits (demons, fallen angels) on the Name of Jesus Christ, and have nothing more to do with Yoga. 

Don’t feel bad. I was into Samurai and Bushido, thinking I could embrace it like Western Knighthood and Chivalry. I had the Daito (Katana), Wakasashi, and Tando sword set in my room. I began to become very depressed, a cloud of death and heaviness on me; which is because Samurai observe Seppuku, a suicide ritual and other cult of death spirituality (which came from Korea). I had a lady in my church, a elder and prayer warrior who noticed the cloud over me and prayed God to deliver me. 

I threw all Samurai stuff out and all the darkness & depression lifted. Turned out there was a coin/talisman, double headed dragon/fish in the weaved handle too, which most Samurai swords have

So when I speak of eastern serpents slithering in, I speak from experience. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

After what I read about yoga as far as Christianity, I decided to stay away from it. Here are a few things I read:

Yoga poses are “offerings to the 330 million Hindu gods

Yoga is Dedicated to a different lord

Yoga leads people away from Christ. Yoga means “to yoke” – and it's a different yoke than the one Jesus refers to.

Yoga focuses on manipulation of “life force energy,” through pranayamabreathing during exercises. Dangers according to Ephesians 2:2 – “the prince of the power of the air” – and Paul is not speaking of oxygen here. This is dabbling in a spiritual realm we are not called to play with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, servant4christ said:

I agree. This is not something I normally participate in, but there is nothing wrong with the physical exercises.

I still say the physical yoga poses honor their gods and spiritism. Would we pose in say the Sigil of Satan and say, “oh its just for exercising?” Absolutely not. 

Abstain from all appearance of evil.” -1 Thessalonians 5:22, KJV 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/12/2022 at 1:38 PM, Starise said:

Stay far away. There are many other ways to get in shape. As a westerner why do I need the eastern religions to help me get in shape?

I don't. We are smart enough to get in shape on our own. I don't need exercise lessons from gurus.

"There are many other ways to get in shape"

Yeah!  It's called work. The best narcotic. Whats with that?    
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men"

So, Starise my brother, why do you need help to get into shape?? Have you gotten out of shape?............default_cool2.gif.a3376286e82f2bec8f45622b5e1a069d.gif

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

26 minutes ago, Sower said:

"There are many other ways to get in shape"

Yeah!  It's called work. The best narcotic. Whats with that?    
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men"

So, Starise my brother, why do you need help to get into shape?? Have you gotten out of shape?............default_cool2.gif.a3376286e82f2bec8f45622b5e1a069d.gif

Yup. 

"What do you do to stay in shape?"

"I work." :cool:

"Huh?" :emot-questioned:

The farm is a great workout, brother. Remember that calf? You pick him up and drop him on the other side of the fence. Keep doing that daily and before you know it, you're lifting a 1,000-pound steer! :madgrin:

Great use for that silly yoga mat: when the sun is blazing outdoors and the lunch-time siesta is upon you, roll it out beneath a shady tree and catch you some of those z's.

:sleep2:

:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

Marathoner's early morning mountain workout. :mgdetective:

Walk outside and breathe in the crisp, clean air of a beautiful morning in the mountains. Ah! :hurrah:

Which is when roughly 1,000 collective pounds of livestock guardian dog lay eyes on you. Oh boy, they haven't seen you all night long so here they come. :wacko:

Run for your life! :runforhills:

"AAaaaAAAaaaaah! Quick! Someone! Anyone! Open the door now! NOW!!!" :emot-eek:

An invigorating wind-sprint knocked out before most folks wake up. Just when you think the coast is clear, and you cautiously emerge into the wonderful morning air again... :sneaking:

A 200-pound dog ambushes you from out of nowhere. OOF! Grecian wrestling added to the morning workout. 
He is joined by a 180-pound dog coming at you from the other direction which adds an interlude of weight training to the regimen, yes? :emot-headphones:

To review: the one hundred-yard dash, wrestling, and weight training just because you wandered outdoors. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

17 hours ago, Sower said:

Yes. Desk job most of the time, but I am sometimes active at work. Climbed steps to the roof of three story building today, so I'm not always at a desk here. On the weekends I am more physically active.

The grass usually isn't growing under my feet, but a lot of what I do is from the neck up. :D

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1