Why do people turn on me everywhere

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Every place I live in, every place I work, every school, every friend, every guy??? Even some people in the church , who actually were slightly racist. It's not me.

Edited by unspokenrequest

• unspokenrequest changed the title to Why do people turn on me everywhere

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

Is there some more context to this? Not much to go on...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Predators have a natural sense for fear. When they sense it they pounce. Try to be aware of your fear. Don't project it. I realize this is difficult. Pray to God for protection, strength and courage.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,904
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

If you truly live for God, expect resistance. Some will do it on their own accord, some while being used as tools of the devil to oppress and hinder you.

However,

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." -- Matthew 5:10-12

Don't forget that the God you follow has conquered sin, death, and this whole world. If you are truly following God, he will see you through. You have an eternity of perfect happiness and joy and peace ahead of you that no one or thing in this life can damage in the slightest.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

19 hours ago, unspokenrequest said:

Every place I live in, every place I work, every school, every friend, every guy??? Even some people in the church , who actually were slightly racist. It's not me.

May I suggest that you speak to your pastor and ask him for advice?

You have said everybody turns against you, yet only that some people in church were ' slightly racist '.

Which is correct that everybody hates you or that some people are slightly racist.

Either you are xtremely sensitive and are interpreting every look or word as being hostile or you have a body language and speech patterns that other people understand as being aggressive.

Either way you need input from other people and help to change either your sensitivity or how you come across to other people.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 8/6/2021 at 9:36 AM, unspokenrequest said:

You're not a politician are you?

I say that in jest, but actually politicians have to cope with some very intense opposition. In NZ they get death threats on a regular basis. 

For me, and for many, adversity and antagonism are constantly trying to invade, overcome, and destroy our quality of life, but rather than sucumb to these enemies and be cast in the role of victim, I cast all my cares upon God and lay all my burdens down at His feet.

For me it's not race, but a resistence to being dominated, intimidated, manipulated, or seduced, that brings criticism and conflict my way. A pastor once told me that the moment I walked into "his church" he considered me to be a troublemaker. It turned out he was bipolar and not much later he lost his position, destroyed his marriage, and took his own life, but not before subjecting me and others to some public criticism in the form of rants during meetings.

Forgive them for they know not what they do.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Why do people turn on me everywhere

Give glory to Jesus for this. After all:

• Luk 6:26 -> "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. John 15:19

We live in a fallen world with fallen people.  We live in the Laodecean church age. Even christians today have lower standards than those decades ago.

Maybe you need to confront people when they betray you,  showing them from scripture how they are sinning. Maybe they need some godly correction from the bible, if they claim to be christians. 

I consider gossipy,  backstabbing people evil or carnal and do not spend personal time with them or share much personal information with them.  

Peaceful solitude is preferable to chaotic strife.

2Th 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. 

Ti 5:13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. View more

• Well Said! 1