IGNORED

Do You Believe Homosexuals are Reprobates?

Tammy Roesch

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, other one said:

Can an adulterer?   Can a Liar and a theif or blasphemer (not the Holy Spirit).

Question?   It is a sin to be gay.....   or is it a sin to live a homosexual lifestyle.    Being gay is an internal affection to the same sex....    but people do not have to respond to it.    Most males are hardwired to have sex with most things that move....   but we are taught not to respond to those hormones.

I don't know if a gay person can change who they are attracted to, but they certainly can "not act" on those attractions...     And I think God would honor that.   

Desiring to do evil is itself evil (and that goes for any sin).  Acting on such a sinful desire makes things worse, but we must not think that having evil desires is somehow alright, as long as we don't act on them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

3 hours ago, Marathoner said:

We are indeed on the same page, @Tammy Roesch. There is nothing which cannot be overcome in our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us so we might receive the adoption as children of His promise. There are times when these eyes of flesh obscure vision; there are times when we might forget that He loved us even when we were dead in our trespasses. 

This is not a terrible shortcoming on our part but rather, a consequence of seeing things darkly and knowing only in part. As men and women we are prone to forgetfulness but the Lord remembers that our frame is dust, so He is faithful to bring these things to our awareness so we will learn and understand. He is our Teacher, after all. :) 

Of course we don't approve of nor condone sin, but who among us knows the hidden things of God unless He is pleased to reveal such things? I think of brothers and sisters in Christ who came to Him under the most extraordinary of circumstances, individuals whom we would never imagine standing before the Lord in such a way. Remember the Son of Sam?

This man perpetrated the most horrific and heinous crimes and is spending the rest of his days in prison. Yet he came to Christ behind bars, the truth of which you will find hidden underneath pages of history in the testimony forum (you have to dig!). A member shared her testimony with us, describing how through correspondence with David Berkowitz, she was led to Christ. 

Everything is possible to the Lord. :)  

We must remember the importance of repentance on our part.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.37
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I believe true repentance is a work of the Lord in an individual and an integral part of being redeemed.

All is His Gracious provision...this is the kind of understanding that informs much and prevent confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

:) I guess is what definition are we using for the word "Reprobates". Just playing.. because there is more than one meaning lol. 

Is there ANYONE "a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation." 

Praise GOD He died for the sin of the WORLD.

Side note hows your weather? Looking at mine says 80 "Smoke" haha

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  2

I certainly think that the sin of homosexuality is a strong delusion.

It has only been the changes in law that have made homosexuality a defensible sexual choice.

The even stronger effect of the wholesale promotion of transgender meanings with its emphasis on essentially homosexual men being able to appear as women has made me think that homosexuality is a more grievous sin than some other sexual sins.  

23 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

I certainly think that the sin of homosexuality is a strong delusion.

It has only been the changes in law that have made homosexuality a defensible sexual choice.

The even stronger effect of the wholesale promotion of transgender meanings with its emphasis on essentially homosexual men being able to appear as women has made me think that homosexuality is a more grievous sin than some other sexual sins.  

I have long thought that the enemy hates what the union of a man and woman represents and desires to corrupt it.

There is much for us to learn in the 'type' of that union and what it brings forth.

So on the one hand--sin is sin---on the other the mind behind some sin such as these---has more broad purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Alive said:

I have long thought that the enemy hates what the union of a man and woman represents and desires to corrupt it.

There is much for us to learn in the 'type' of that union and what it brings forth.

So on the one hand--sin is sin---on the other the mind behind some sin such as these---has more broad purpose.

Adam, we are told, is a type of Him who was to come. So I would think that being your type then the hatred of the enemy on what the natural union of the male and the female represents is essentially a hatred of Christ.

22 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

Adam, we are told, is a type of Him who was to come. So I would think that being your type then the hatred of the enemy on what the natural union of the male and the female represents is essentially a hatred of Christ.

Yes--but what I had in mind is the following. Lucifer hates man because he got wind of the fact that man was to have and now does have something he could never have; being sons of God and possessing His Eternal Life. God's very Nature.

By extension, the mystery of husband and wife and the resulting reproduction is what typifies Christ and His Church/Bride and being the first of many sons. God's Eternal Purpose was/is to share 'being'. To share His very 'being' and existence with those that would be co-workers with Him---help mates.

This is indeed profound.

Lucifer hates us and would see man defiled in every way possible and did such through the fallen ones and their offspring.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  20

In Matthew 22:37- 38 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.

When a believer understands this greatest commandment they are able to move by the power of the Holy Spirit and fulfill the next commandment Jesus spoke of to; 

Matthew 22:39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

People who love the Lord with all of their heart, soul and mind never want to remain living in and with any kind of sin.  They want to please their Lord and work toward purity, perfection and holiness. Here are just a few of the scriptures telling us to be holy.

1 Peter 1:16 (NLT)
For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”

Leviticus 20:7 (NLT)
So set yourselves apart to be holy, for I am the Lord your God.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 (NLT)
God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.

1 Peter 1:15 (NLT)
But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.

John 17:19 (NLT)
And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.

A true follower of Jesus is held to a higher standard than the rest of the world therefore our show of love to the sinner and the unbeliever is what must be evident.  When the sinner and unbeliever comes to Jesus there needs to be a change that shows in their lives.  If not, they are the seed that falls on shallow, unfurtile ground. Personally, after walking with the Lord and being filled by the Holy Spirit for over 40 years, my entire life has shown change.  I am still plucking specks out of my own eye but the huge planks that were there in my younger years have been removed.  Every day I do my best to stay away from any kind sin.  Everyday I do my very best to love my Lord God with all my heart, mind and soul and keep myself from the sins of the world.  Everyday the words of Jesus ring in my ears,

John 8:11 KJV - go, and sin no more.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,168
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

I've had this conversation with several gays and a transgender individual on several occasions.

Gays are no more or less sinners than any other fallen human being created in the image of God in this world. Homosexuality is just one more way sin works itself out in people's lives. I get it that sin is sin, (and I do not condone their "lifestyle choice") but there is a *lot* of animosity in the gay community toward Christians in general because of how society and especially certain groups of believers have treated gays in the past.

The only thing that will put someone beyond the hope we find in God's grace in Christ is this: Dying without Christ as Savior. That's the only thing that will send someone an eternity of God's wrath. 

• Loved it! 1