• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,092
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

@The Light I don't wish to get into this much further, as I simply don't think those verses relate to two thousand years into the future to a young country on the other side of the planet. I will say that the word 'nations' also means peoples and in the OT always contrasts with Israel.

No worries Alive. I'm somewhat confused by your comment however. I would find it odd that the most powerful nation in the history of the earth would not be mentioned in Bible prophecy. Additionally, since the prophecy relates to not only the City of Babylon, but the land of the Chaldeans and claims that there would be no inhabitants, we can tell that the prophecy is unfulfilled. Further yet, when we look at Cyrus, we find the he didn't storm the city and kill everyone, but walked into open gates and a cheering crowd. According to history, the city of Babylon was not destroyed, but abandoned over time. It looks to be a three part prophecy, with nations from around world in Gulf War I, a great nation in Gulf War II, and the final part will be the Medes, who are the Kurds, clearing the land at the Day of the Lord. God's Word will be fulfilled. Just a few thing for you to sleep on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

God didn't mention lots of things....the scriptures deal with a small area of dry land and all of it as it is related to what He was doing over time with specific people and peoples. Scriptures can be made to say a great many things--and have been.

Did He mention the millions upon millions of humans slaughtered by Hitler, Stalin or the CCP? World War I or II?

Did He mention putting men into space or splitting the atom...

Anyway--my post here is silly.

I think it far more likely that during those times God was Israel centric as His redemptive plan was being laid out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Is the United States of America mentioned in Bible prophecy?

The United States of America is never explicitly mentioned in the Bible, and there are no biblical prophecies that point with certainty to the United States. As far as we can tell, the United States of America is not mentioned in biblical prophecy.

The Bible tells the story of God’s plan to save the world, and so the Bible’s natural focus is on the people of God, from the patriarchs to the Hebrew people to the Jewish nation. “Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah” (Romans 9:4–5). Other nations mentioned in the Bible are usually considered in terms of their relation to Israel, God’s chosen people. The biblical focus on Israel holds true in end-times prophecy, too. The book of Revelation does not mention any countries or nations other than Israel (Revelation 7:4; 21:12) and Babylon (Revelation 14:8; 16:19; 17:5; 18:2,10,21), but the “Babylon” in Revelation is most likely a symbolic reference to the Antichrist’s evil kingdom.

Various groups try to find the United States in prophecy, and some of their interpretations show great creativity. Some see the United States as the second beast that rises from the earth in Revelation 13. Others see the “people tall and smooth-skinned, . . . feared far and wide” in Isaiah 18:2 as a reference to Americans, although the context is an oracle against Cush (verse 1). Still others point to Ezekiel 38:13, which, in describing the Battle of Gog and Magog, refers to “the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages”: according to this theory, “Tarshish” is Britain, and the “villages” are the English-speaking colonies such as the United States of America. And then there’s the reference to the “great eagle” that protects the woman/Israel in Revelation 12:14—another reference to the United States’ role in the end times, according to some.

The problem is that the above interpretations require a good amount of speculation and seem to come from an Anglo-centric (or at least an America-centric) perspective. The fact remains that the United States of America is not clearly specified in any end-times prophecy in the Bible. We assume that general prophecies that pertain to all the nations of the world will include the United States: if the U.S. is still in existence in the end times, it will be one of the “all nations” judged by God (Isaiah 34:2–3; Haggai 2:7; Joel 3:2) and one of the “all nations” that flow to Zion to worship the True King (Isaiah 2:2).

Why is the United States of America not clearly mentioned in Bible prophecy? There could be several reasons:

1) Perhaps in the end times the United States will be weakened to the extent that its influence in the world suffers, and America does not play an important role in end-times events.

2) Perhaps in the end times the United States has ceased to exist altogether.

3) Perhaps the United States is simply one of the other nations of the world that reject God in the end times (Revelation 10:11; 11:18; 12:5; 14:8; 15:4; 16:19; 17:15; 18:3,23; 19:15).

We consider option (3) as the most likely answer. The United States of America has historically been one of Israel’s most faithful allies, and God’s promise to Abraham, “I will bless those who bless you” (Genesis 12:3a), has resulted in America’s success. But if America turns its back on Israel, it will lose God’s favor: “Whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3b).

Edited by missmuffet
add

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

11 hours ago, The Light said:

I think this because I believe that the king of the North in Daniel 11 is the U.S.A.

I think that part of Daniel 11 is about end times and has not been fulfilled.  

Nope, it is:

2"Son of man, set your face toward Gog, [toward] the land of Magog

8From many days you will be remembered; at the end of the years you will come to a land [whose inhabitants] returned from the sword, gathered from many peoples, upon the mountains of Israel, which had been continually laid waste, but it was liberated from the nations, and they all dwelt securely.

14Therefore, prophesy, O son of man, and say to Gog, So said the Lord God: Surely on that day, when My people dwells securely, you will know.

15And you will come from your place, from the utmost north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding horses; a great assembly and a mighty army.

16And you will ascend upon My people Israel like a cloud to cover the earth; at the end of days it will be, and I shall bring you upon My land in order that the nations recognize Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.

The Land NORTH of Israel is not the United States.

Why do you believe the United States ultimately represents Gog?

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

:thumbsup:

Edited by AandW_Rootbeer

5 hours ago, AandW_Rootbeer said:

Nope, it is:

2"Son of man, set your face toward Gog, [toward] the land of Magog

8From many days you will be remembered; at the end of the years you will come to a land [whose inhabitants] returned from the sword, gathered from many peoples, upon the mountains of Israel, which had been continually laid waste, but it was liberated from the nations, and they all dwelt securely.

14Therefore, prophesy, O son of man, and say to Gog, So said the Lord God: Surely on that day, when My people dwells securely, you will know.

15And you will come from your place, from the utmost north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding horses; a great assembly and a mighty army.

16And you will ascend upon My people Israel like a cloud to cover the earth; at the end of days it will be, and I shall bring you upon My land in order that the nations recognize Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.

The Land NORTH of Israel is not the United States.

Why do you believe the United States ultimately represents Gog?

Gog Magog is not even a consideration in this discussion as it occurs 1000 year after the 70th week of Daniel.

I do not believe that the USA represents Gog. That is something that you dreamed up.

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Is the United States of America mentioned in Bible prophecy?

The United States of America is never explicitly mentioned in the Bible, and there are no biblical prophecies that point with certainty to the United States. As far as we can tell, the United States of America is not mentioned in biblical prophecy.

The Bible tells the story of God’s plan to save the world, and so the Bible’s natural focus is on the people of God, from the patriarchs to the Hebrew people to the Jewish nation. “Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah” (Romans 9:4–5). Other nations mentioned in the Bible are usually considered in terms of their relation to Israel, God’s chosen people. The biblical focus on Israel holds true in end-times prophecy, too. The book of Revelation does not mention any countries or nations other than Israel (Revelation 7:4; 21:12) and Babylon (Revelation 14:8; 16:19; 17:5; 18:2,10,21), but the “Babylon” in Revelation is most likely a symbolic reference to the Antichrist’s evil kingdom.

Various groups try to find the United States in prophecy, and some of their interpretations show great creativity. Some see the United States as the second beast that rises from the earth in Revelation 13. Others see the “people tall and smooth-skinned, . . . feared far and wide” in Isaiah 18:2 as a reference to Americans, although the context is an oracle against Cush (verse 1). Still others point to Ezekiel 38:13, which, in describing the Battle of Gog and Magog, refers to “the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages”: according to this theory, “Tarshish” is Britain, and the “villages” are the English-speaking colonies such as the United States of America. And then there’s the reference to the “great eagle” that protects the woman/Israel in Revelation 12:14—another reference to the United States’ role in the end times, according to some.

The problem is that the above interpretations require a good amount of speculation and seem to come from an Anglo-centric (or at least an America-centric) perspective. The fact remains that the United States of America is not clearly specified in any end-times prophecy in the Bible. We assume that general prophecies that pertain to all the nations of the world will include the United States: if the U.S. is still in existence in the end times, it will be one of the “all nations” judged by God (Isaiah 34:2–3; Haggai 2:7; Joel 3:2) and one of the “all nations” that flow to Zion to worship the True King (Isaiah 2:2).

Why is the United States of America not clearly mentioned in Bible prophecy? There could be several reasons:

1) Perhaps in the end times the United States will be weakened to the extent that its influence in the world suffers, and America does not play an important role in end-times events.

2) Perhaps in the end times the United States has ceased to exist altogether.

3) Perhaps the United States is simply one of the other nations of the world that reject God in the end times (Revelation 10:11; 11:18; 12:5; 14:8; 15:4; 16:19; 17:15; 18:3,23; 19:15).

We consider option (3) as the most likely answer. The United States of America has historically been one of Israel’s most faithful allies, and God’s promise to Abraham, “I will bless those who bless you” (Genesis 12:3a), has resulted in America’s success. But if America turns its back on Israel, it will lose God’s favor: “Whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3b).

I put absolutely zero stock in these so called Biblical scholars that think that Syria  is the king of the North and Egypt is the king of the south. It's nonsense. Jeremiah 50 and 51 is an unfulfilled prophecy no matter how many Biblical scholars can't figure out that the prophecy is not only against the city of Babylon but also the land of the Chaldeans.

Jer 50

The word that the Lord spake against Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans by Jeremiah the prophet.

The prophecy is unfulfilled as there are still people living in the land of the Chaldeans.

Jer 50

3 For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate, and none shall dwell therein: they shall remove, they shall depart, both man and beast.

I'm sorry they are unable to find the USA in prophecy. Maybe they should pay more attention to what is written.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 8/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, HAZARD said:

The Antichrist may be alive today, either a baby, young boy, or older as someone being a member of a political party, Scripture does say, "a king of fierce counternance would rise," so we can expect him to be a king of a particular country. And the times seem right in my humble opinion.

The book of Daniel makes it clear that the Antichrist will come from the ten kingdoms of the Old Roman Empire, as in Dan. 7:7-8, 23-24, and from the four divisions of the Grecian Empire, which are four of the ten, as in Dan. 8:7-9, 20-23, but it also makes it clear that he will come from the Syrian division of the four divisions of Greece, as taught in Dan. 11. The king of the north of this chapter is Syria, and the king of the south is Egypt. Wars between these two divisions of Greece are pictures in Dan. 11:5-34. Verses 35-45 portray war between these same two kingdoms "at the time of the end," showing the result of the last war between them. It states that the land of Egypt shall not escape the king of the north in this last war, thus identifying Syria as being the country from which the Antichrist must come. If the king of the North was Russia, as many Bible students now teach how could Dan 11:44 be fulfilled? What countries are north of Russia that could fight against her, as required by this verse? I even had one minister argue that America is north of Russia. I had a little difficulty explaining to him that America was south of the North Pole, and not north of Russia, and Russia was also south of the North Pole. He eventually agreed. Geography was his weak point.

When Alexander the Great died, his empire was divided into four parts which can be seen by consulting history books. In Dan. 8:9 it states, "Out of one of them," that is, out of one of these four divisions of the Grecian Empire the "little horn" would come, and this is explained in verse 23 as being in the latter time of the existence of these four kingdoms a king of fierce countenance would rise. The four kingdoms of Dan. 8 will make four of the ten of Dan. 7, and the purpose of this chapter over Dan. 7 is to narrow the coming of the Antichrist geographicly from the ten kingdoms to four of the ten, so we can definately say that he will not come from any country outside of these four kingdoms.

Here's the good news, He will definately not come from America, or even rule America, or even be a world wide dictator as many teach and believe, although his wars in the middle east will cause disruption in world wide trade, oil etc. Scripture shows he will only reign over ten kingdoms that will yet be formed inside the Old Roman Empire territory (Dan. 7:23-24).

Only these ten kingdoms will give their power and kingdoms to him (Rev. 13:1; 17:12-17).

Certain countries WILL ESCAPE his rule (Dan. 11:40-44).

Certain countries will make war on him at the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Read Dan. 11:40-44). If he was ruling the whole world this could not happen. Because he will rule and reign only over ten countries inside the Old Roman Empire territory, and because America never was or ever will be inside that territory, and because certain countries escape the antichrist, we can Scripturally conclude and be at ease that he will not come from, or rule America, or even be a world wide dictator.

Hundreds of millions of people will never take his mark either. We have seen that many nations will not be under his rule, so naturally people in these countries, America included, will not have to take his mark and they will therefore not be killed. The Bible teaches that many peoples of "all nations," that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Read Zech 14:16-21). This again further limits the kingdoms of the Antichrist to only a part of the world and limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take the mark, even in his own empire. According to Revelation 14:9-11, no one who has taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell. That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark of the beast and have not been killed. If the Antichrist ruled the entie world as many people believe, and he killed everyone who did not take his mark, and the Lord Jesus sends to Hell everyone who has taken the antichrists mark, then there would be not one person left to enter the Millennium? And this would be contrary to Zech. 14:16-21; Matt. 25:31-46; isa. 2:1-4 and many Scriptures.

The Antichrist, a man, will reign over only ten kingdoms that are yet to be formed inside the yet to be revived, Old Roman Empire. (Dan. 7:23-24). Only these ten kingdoms will give their power and kingdoms to him. (Rev.13:1; 17:12-17). Certain countries will escape his rule (Dan.11:40-44). Certain countries will make war on him at the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Dan. 11:40-44). Because he will reign only over ten countries inside the Roman Empire territory and because America is not inside that territory and never will be, and because certain countries will escape him we can scripturally conclude that he will never rule America or be a world-wide dictator. Therefore, multitudes of people of many nations will also never take the mark of the beast and they will never be killed by the Antichrist for not doing so.

The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This further limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and also limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take the mark even in his own empire. According to Rev. 14:9-11 no one who has taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell.

That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark of the beast and have not been killed, as taught by many Bible students. If the Antichrist were to kill every person who does not take his mark, and God sends to Hell everyone who does take the mark, then there would be not one person left to enter the Millennium. Also, The mark of the beast will not be 666. There are three brands men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist inside his kingdom. They are his name, his mark, and the number of his name (Rev. 13:16-18). The name and mark of this man is not given in scripture; so no one will know what they are until he comes and men get to know what his name and mark will be, and what he will chose to put on his followers. The only one of these three brands that is given is the number of his name, and that is stated as being 666 in Rev. 13:18. So 666 is not the name or the mark of the beast. It is the number of the beast.

The Antichrist will be a future mortal man, nothing more. That he will be a mortal man is clear from (Rev. 13:18). That he will be a mortal man is also clear from the fact that he will be "SLAIN" by Christ at His second advent (Dan. 7:11; Isa. 11:4; 2 Thess. 2:7-8).

If Christ is going to slay him at the second advent, then he must be a mortal man at that time. This proves that he will not be a resurrected immortal man from the dead, or indwelt by Satan. 

Wow. Then What will happen to the West (USA CANADA MEXICO) ?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

The anti-Christ in scripture; the scriptures that show that Revelation 13:11-18
is speaking about the anti-Christ:

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 
Does signs and wonders, and leads people to worship some other god.

Revelation 13:12-13
Does signs and wonders, and leads people to worship the first beast.

2 Thessalonians 2:9
"whose coming is after the working of Satan
with all power and signs and lying wonders."

The anti-Christ is the false prophet, the fake Messiah.

And therefore Revelation 19:20 does specifically mention him.

"The beast and false prophet were captured,
these both were thrown alive into a lake burning with fire and brimstone.."

-------

America

Today Babylon is comprised of three city states from which the whole world is run.

Vatican City, Washington D.C., and the City of London
(not London proper but the city state within it) 

In the Bible Babylon/Assyria refer to that world power ruling during the end.
They call themselves the 'mystery schools' the Bible calls them mystery Babylon.

One clear evidence for that is Isaiah 30:30-31 together with Micah 5:2-5.

-------

If you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God..
The Lord shall bring a nation against you from far,
as swift as the eagle flies.  Deuteronomy 28:1, 49

You shall become a thing of terror.   Deut 28:37

Woe to Assyria, the rod of mine anger (against Israel ^)
and the staff in their hand is my indignation. (against Israel)
I will send him against a hypocritical nation (Israel)
and against the people of my wrath...
But shall the ax boast itself against him that chops with it? ..
Therefore shall the Lord send among his fat ones a leanness...
And the light of Israel shall be for a fire
and His Holy One for a flame [Isaiah 30:30-31, Micah 5:2-5]
and it shall burn and devour (Assyria) in one day [Rev 19]
Isaiah 10:5-6,15-17

How is the hammer of the whole earth cut apart... 
A sword is upon their horses, and upon their chariots,
and upon all the mixed people that are in the midst of her.
Jeremiah 50:23,37

Set up a banner in the land.. prepare these nations against her..
Ashchenaz. Jeremiah 51:27

the men of thy confederacy have forced you even to the border;
the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee,
and prevailed against thee; they that eat thy bread have laid a trap
for thee, there is none aware of it. Obadiah 1:7 

But the day of the Lord is near...
Deliverers shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau,
and the kingdom shall be the Lords. Obadiah 1:15,21

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam