Guest opusdei

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What do you get when you combine Mary and the Holy Spirit......Jesus Christ.

Until not long ago, many biblical scholars thought the NT was written in some Holy Ghost Greek dialect. They thought this because the language style of the greek NT texts were different than other sources of ancient greek language. There has been some discoveries of ancient greek text in places like garbage dumps and homes of average joes. It turns out that the NT was written in common street language, not the high and mighty language of the elites.

The letters of the NT were written for average Christians to read. Yet, the Catholic Church prohibited Christians from reading the Bible until very recently. The Catholic Church banned the Bible in school. The Catholic Church even executed people for translating the Bible.

Mary is only mentioned once outside of the gosples. And, that, one time only in passing because she happened to be someplace in particular. Mary is unimportant to the Bible, beyond giving birth to Jesus. Of course, she's blessed for being chosen to be the mother of Jesus. Mary's own mother is blessed for being Jesus's grandmother. How about you pray to her? Some blind guy was blessed for being given sight by Jesus, why don't you pray to him? I'm blessed for being saved by Jesus. How about you... never mind.

Protestants always love to cite

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong.

Amen to that tract. Praise the Lord for people like Jack Chik who have the faith and courage to say what the Bible really says about the "Queen of Heaven".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. I only read thru the first part of the tract---with the pictures. :noidea:

I don't have time for the whole thing.

But, one thing struck me at once. Jack Chick, though he doesn't know it, himself holds a very Catholic understanding of Mary. He uses Mary to point people to Jesus.

Exactly! :wub:

What do you get when you combine Mary and the Holy Spirit......Jesus Christ.

Until not long ago, many biblical scholars thought the NT was written in some Holy Ghost Greek dialect. They thought this because the language style of the greek NT texts were different than other sources of ancient greek language. There has been some discoveries of ancient greek text in places like garbage dumps and homes of average joes. It turns out that the NT was written in common street language, not the high and mighty language of the elites.

The letters of the NT were written for average Christians to read. Yet, the Catholic Church prohibited Christians from reading the Bible until very recently. The Catholic Church banned the Bible in school. The Catholic Church even executed people for translating the Bible.

Mary is only mentioned once outside of the gosples. And, that, one time only in passing because she happened to be someplace in particular. Mary is unimportant to the Bible, beyond giving birth to Jesus. Of course, she's blessed for being chosen to be the mother of Jesus. Mary's own mother is blessed for being Jesus's grandmother. How about you pray to her? Some blind guy was blessed for being given sight by Jesus, why don't you pray to him? I'm blessed for being saved by Jesus. How about you... never mind.

Protestants always love to cite

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Stray bullet

your quote:

"or the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. - EPHESIANS 5:23

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Stray bullet

your quote:

"or the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. - EPHESIANS 5:23

Thank you for pointing this out. Just as the husband is the head of the family, so is the Pope the head of the Church"

Even with your explanations following that statement I wonder how the contradictions you wrote did not seem apparent. The head of the Church is Christ. I am not trying to say this unlovingly it is sad that you can not hear my voice in what I type.

I have many friends who are born again RC but are finding it difficult to remain in the RC church because the emphasis is placed more on other people "pope,mary, saints" and rituals than on God's Word the Bible.

How did they become "born again" (by God's grace Amen) I meant what vehicle did God use? They started listening to a radio station that teaches the Bible. Eager to hear more they attended a harvest crusade and committed their life to the Lord then. I might add that they do not go to the evangelist and ask him to pray to God for them. Nor when they accepted Jesus did they ask the evangelist to pray to Jesus for them. They came directly to the Lord asking Him.

I must ask does the RC church place more emphasis on the pope than on having people reading God's Word? MOre emphasis on church history than God's Word?

My friends still attend their old church but are reading the Bible for themselves and are listening to more radio stations that teach the Bible cover to cover. They no longer pray to the saints nor mary just to God. And that is the way it should be.

Food for thought. Stephen was the first recorded martyr in the Bible yet nowhere in the Bible do any of the Apostles pray to him though they relate his love of Jesus. Paul, Peter and the others simply pray to God. For it is Jesus who needs to be worshiped and it is at His feet -not mary's, nor past or present "saints", nor even the pope- that every knee shall bow!

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it ok to pray directly to Jesus?

Is it ok to pray directly to Jesus?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I know what you are going to do. If I say "Yes", you will quote the Lord's prayer and say I am sinning by praying directly to Jesus. Let me go ahead and quote the text.

Matt. 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

John 10:30 - I and my Father are one.

Matthew 8:2 - And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Notice: the leper worships Jesus as God, and then he PRAYS directly to Jesus.

Matthew 9:18 - While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Teh Ruler worships Jesus, then he offers his prayer to him. Which IS the same patern the Lord gave to the disciples. There is no record that either of these individuals offered a prayer other than the one recorded here.

Acts 2:21 - And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.... 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ..

Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Name of the Lord is "Jesus". His Name is also Jehovah, Yahweh, etc, etc. So it is proper and scriptural to address the Lord by ANY of his names in prayer, and you do not have to follow a rigid formulae when praying. If you did, then most of the prayers in the Bible do NOT follow the "formulae" of "The Lord's Prayer".

Jesus is God. Jesus even said that he and the Father were one. I am not a so-called "oneness" believer, I believe in the triune Godhead. But the fact remains the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit together are one God in three persons.

All a person has to do is say, "Lord, Forgive me" or "Heavenly Father show me your will and give me strength to get through this day," etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gee whiz! It was just a simple question.

:blink:

:blink:

I was just curious. I have some Protestant friends who are adamant that you should not pray directly to Jesus; only thru Jesus to God the Father. I don't quite understand that, so I hoped to get some input.

I personally, pray to directly to Jesus all the time. I also pray to my Father and to the Holy Spirit.

Peace,

Fiosh :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I just wanted to say that I'm a non-christian but grew up Pentecostal. I remember reading religious tracts in church by a flaming fundy named Jack Chick telling me how Catholics were in the wrong.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Jerusalem is the

Edited by Salt