IGNORED

Does God Still Give Believers Personal Promises?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

People in the bible were given specific promises by God, such as Gods promises to Abram, David, prophets etc. These promises would then inform them of how to live their lives before the promises were fulfilled, a life of faith.

Can we still experience this in that God gives us personal promises?

If so how can believers today be sure God has gave us a personal promise? E.g he is going to do a certain thing he told us personally (not something written in the bible)

If this still happens, can many Christians run the risk of making things up and living their life’s based off false convictions?

This has been on my mind a lot recently and I’m not clear on this and I really want to get this.

Thanks so much

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,894
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

He can and does, but of course not with audible voices as in the past. Most people I've heard from have said it comes when they are in Bible study, and come upon a verse, and they feel very strongly that the Lord is telling them that the verse does or will apply to them in a specific way.

Of course, yes, many people take it far too lightly, and you'll hear them say "God has laid it on my heart that _____________" with every single idea that pops into their heads.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

15 hours ago, Open7 said:

People in the bible were given specific promises by God, such as Gods promises to Abram, David, prophets etc. These promises would then inform them of how to live their lives before the promises were fulfilled, a life of faith.

If so how can believers today be sure God has gave us a personal promise? E.g he is going to do a certain thing he told us personally (not something written in the bible)

If this still happens, can many Christians run the risk of making things up and living their life’s based off false convictions?

This has been on my mind a lot recently and I’m not clear on this and I really want to get this.

Thanks so much

We have the promises in the Bible - the Lord will take care of us. As for promises in our personal walk with the Lord, I guess that is between each of us and the Lord. I'm not aware of any specific promises the Lord has made to me beyond those in the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks so much

I hv seen personal things only between me and God. It cant be shared.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 9/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, Open7 said:

God is sovereign and can do what he wants.

I really think the question is. Does God need to give/make personal promises to people?

What I think often happens is that God will guide some people into choices they might not have made, to become his servants in some area.

This happens to those who are seeking to serve God.

That is, if one never attends church, or does nothing n Church one is not listening or seeking to serve God and so he won't speak.

The Christian norm is to be involved in ones local church.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Does God Still Give Believers Personal Promises?

Certainly. Why not?